Author Topic: new club - Audax West Midlands  (Read 7984 times)

Re: new club - Audax West Midlands
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2018, 09:12:45 am »
Hi,

Just had this drawn to my attention, I've not been hanging arounf here recently, but I'd like to put my name down for this

Cheers

Mike

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »
Hi,

Just had this drawn to my attention, I've not been hanging arounf here recently, but I'd like to put my name down for this

Cheers

Mike

For a meeting on the 27th?

Jack_P

• ton of tons for 2016
    • Burlycross riding is life
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2018, 03:15:33 pm »
Steve: maybe audaxers of NBRC, A5 Rangers and Team MK should come together as a new club in the vein hope of climbing the club results table. Team MK has about 550 members, but I've given up selling the delights of audaxing to them.

I was thinking the same thing myself but can't commit to it properly myself. It can't hurt to put something on Facebook etc and try to meet up at a pub. Ricki Goode from Northampton might be interested. Ricki was a well known AUK in the 1990s but packed it in during the 2001 LEL. But now he's getting keen and making a comeback.

There's a few of us in East Northants that would be interested in this initiative too I'm sure.
I don't do Facebook, but would be interested in meeting fellow local audaxers at a pub to discuss this.

I have name, Riders of the Shire.

Build it see who comes, perfect in PBP year, and hey   ;D another excuse for a beer.

« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 08:23:37 am »
"Qui la cera si squaglia e la processione non avanza!"

It's a way of saying from Naples, I love it... it literally translates as ""the candle wax is melting and the procession is not moving"  which describes perfectly well what happens on this thread.

Personally, I think there is no real traction for this idea and even worse, there are no ideas about what this should be about... it's a case of "if you do all the work, I might even join" and I don't think anyone wants to do all the work.

« Reply #104 on: Yesterday at 10:48:49 am »
See what happens. I’m moderately hopeful. I have a few ideas but don’t want to distract to much at the mo. I don’t think the thread is necessarily the place to plan.

Once we’ve had a sit down and a few beers, it’ll get going....

« Reply #105 on: Yesterday at 12:39:53 pm »
See what happens. I’m moderately hopeful. I have a few ideas but don’t want to distract to much at the mo. I don’t think the thread is necessarily the place to plan.

I don't think it's working John. Where there's a will things happen, with or without the need to meet in person. Here the majority can't even be bothered to check their calendar, let alone drag their bums to Birmingham.

I don't think it's meant to happen...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #106 on: Yesterday at 03:51:05 pm »

I don't think it's working John. Where there's a will things happen, with or without the need to meet in person. Here the majority can't even be bothered to check their calendar, let alone drag their bums to Birmingham.

I don't think it's meant to happen...

Well, that's me out.
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.