Author Topic: Beer!  (Read 35492 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Beer!
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »

I only signed for a delivery and she gave us all this beer. Yes, that's FIVE tins of Ten Ton Truck at 10% a pop.

I like my new neighbour :P

I like your new neighbour too!

Just a pint of Marston's 61 Deep today, nicely fruity, decent hop kick but not OT
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ElyDave

« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2019, 06:00:48 pm »
Loving the barleywines at the moment. Excellent one from Lervig the other day at the Beer Merchants Tap in the tragically hip Wickney Hack. And I've snarfed a bottle of Magic Rock's Strongman.

We did wander down the Bermondsey Beer Mile before Christmas (cut a bit short as both Affinity and Partizan had closed already for the holidays, humbug). I suspect we still got enough beer in. And sausage rolls. Lots of sausage rolls. You need to cover all your essential food groups on one of these boozy adventures.

I made an excellent homebrew barleywine in November 2017, finished the last three bottles with my dad and sisters OH this Christmas, it had matured very well.  It's definitely on the list for a re-brew

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2019, 09:05:51 pm »
Yesterday I had a pint of Rhythm Stick, from the Billericay Brewing Co (obv.). It was touted as an "amber" ale and it was really excellent.
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:53 pm »
Yesterday I had a pint of Rhythm Stick, from the Billericay Brewing Co (obv.). It was touted as an "amber" ale and it was really excellent.
I'm enjoying the nomenclature of your beer, the place from whence it came, and the convoluted connection to the late, great Ian Dury.

« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2019, 08:37:38 am »
Refills requested by waving your empty glass and intoning 'hit me!'?

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #655 on: February 01, 2019, 06:54:59 pm »
Loving the barleywines at the moment. Excellent one from Lervig the other day at the Beer Merchants Tap in the tragically hip Wickney Hack. And I've snarfed a bottle of Magic Rock's Strongman.

We did wander down the Bermondsey Beer Mile before Christmas (cut a bit short as both Affinity and Partizan had closed already for the holidays, humbug). I suspect we still got enough beer in. And sausage rolls. Lots of sausage rolls. You need to cover all your essential food groups on one of these boozy adventures.

I made an excellent homebrew barleywine in November 2017, finished the last three bottles with my dad and sisters OH this Christmas, it had matured very well.  It's definitely on the list for a re-brew

I has acquired a couple of bottles of Cloudwater's new bourbon barrel-aged barleywine. It's nearly Miller Time and my watch informs me that I've hit all today's fitness goals. It's quite possibly time to be bad.
!nataS pihsroW

ElyDave

« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2019, 08:13:39 pm »
A Brew Dog jet black heart for me this evening. Next choice is whether to leave the framvoise in the fridge for post audax tomorrow and have a single malt, or to drink it this evening at the risk of needing to buy another beer tomorrow.

« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2019, 10:01:01 pm »
The Alehouse in town trying it's best to make decisions difficult. Amongst the 12 or so ales were Cloudwater, Siren, and Wiper and True. All on cask.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2019, 10:43:39 pm »
I'm enjoying the nomenclature of your beer, the place from whence it came, and the convoluted connection to the late, great Ian Dury.

I have had a few of their beers over the years but this is the only one that has really impressed me. The others have been of the OK-but-nothing-special variety. But as a native (born at 23, Tye Common Road) I have to offer my support.

nicknack

• Fledgling Swampy
« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2019, 11:37:35 pm »
Arrived at my favourite Sheppey boozer (Admiral's Arm) late this afternoon to find it lit by candlelight. Power cut. They were still serving though it was a tad chilly in there. Managed a Wadworth's Dirty Rucker and a Thornbridge Rocky Road Lucaria (weird beer masquerading as a chocolate dessert) before the electrickery man popped in and said there was no chance of power being restored tonight. So they called it a day.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #660 on: February 04, 2019, 06:40:35 pm »

I have had a few of their beers over the years but this is the only one that has really impressed me. The others have been of the OK-but-nothing-special variety. But as a native (born at 23, Tye Common Road) I have to offer my support.
If memory serves, we've stopped by 23 Tye Common Road on one of your rides.....

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »

If memory serves, we've stopped by 23 Tye Common Road on one of your rides.....

We did! I think there were four of us - Andrij and Del being the other two.