Author Topic: Looking for a new DIY organiser  (Read 10655 times)

DanialW

Looking for a new DIY organiser
« on: 06 July, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »
Hi all

I wear too many AUK hats. I have an idea for an AUK project I'd like to do, but this means passing on some of my existing AUK duties.

Just wondering - is anyone interested in becoming a DIY organiser?

Get in touch if you are.

Re: Looking for a new DIY organiser
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2010, 09:16:37 pm »
I am interested.
which way is up

DanialW

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »
I am interested.

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately, a couple of people beat you to it.

« Reply #3 on: 03 September, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »
Did anything come of this?  Looking to put a DIY in for tomorrow.  The AUK site still lists Danial for Wales & Mids, but is this UTD?

Thx,

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2010, 03:26:03 pm »
Danial's still a DIY organisor for the moment. The new organisor has been decided upon and I believe they'll be taking over the job later in the year.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2010, 05:02:24 pm »
Ta for that.

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #6 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »
I'm going to be taking this over from Danial, it will be made official in the November mag' but entries can start coming over to me now as to start to take the pressure off of Danial's work load.

My email for this is diyaudax@tesco.net
I'll be excepting entries online and payments can be made via paypal to the same email.
Validation by GPS track also as I have the programme as well.

All details will eventually be put onto the auk webpage but if you want to enter by post my address is

Rich Forrest
5 Maple Grove
Bletchley
Milton Keynes
MK2 2JB

Cheers
  Rich

« Reply #7 on: 08 September, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »
Well done and thank you for stepping up Rich.

DanialW

« Reply #8 on: 08 September, 2010, 07:09:50 pm »
You total star, Rich.

Cyklisten

• ... they came from the sea onto the land ...
    • Cyklisten Online
« Reply #9 on: 08 September, 2010, 08:22:29 pm »
Chapeau, monsieur!
Ti små cyklister tog ud på cykeltur ...

SFACC Audax Champion 2010

« Reply #10 on: 09 September, 2010, 08:44:45 am »
Can someone clarify the transitional arrangements, please?  I still have a couple of DIY cards bought as part of a bulk purchase from Danial, but am unlikely to use them before the changeover.  Obviously I don't want to create any un-reimbursed costs for Rich, so how do I deal with these in due course?

« Reply #11 on: 09 September, 2010, 08:57:53 am »
Top Man!  :thumbsup: Well done Rich!

Martin

« Reply #12 on: 09 September, 2010, 10:15:20 am »
Can someone clarify the transitional arrangements, please?  I still have a couple of DIY cards bought as part of a bulk purchase from Danial, but am unlikely to use them before the changeover.  Obviously I don't want to create any un-reimbursed costs for Rich, so how do I deal with these in due course?

you can send them to me if you like; I'm currently dealing with the residue of Andy Uttley's cards so a couple extra won't hurt

DanialW

« Reply #13 on: 09 September, 2010, 04:08:49 pm »
Can someone clarify the transitional arrangements, please?  I still have a couple of DIY cards bought as part of a bulk purchase from Danial, but am unlikely to use them before the changeover.  Obviously I don't want to create any un-reimbursed costs for Rich, so how do I deal with these in due course?

you can send them to me if you like; I'm currently dealing with the residue of Andy Uttley's cards so a couple extra won't hurt

I must stress, I'm still processing DIY rides until the end of November. After that, I'll pass all new rides over to Richard, who will take over. In the meantime, I encourage regular riders to buy their new cards from Richard once they run out of cards from me.

This means Richard will be looking after some cards that I've been paid for sometimes. There's no easy way to solve that; I had to do the same with both Sheila and Peter. In fact, I've processed a Sheila card this week.

[EDITED - tidied typo and changed emphasis of sentence]

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #14 on: 09 September, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »
My small penn'orth.

First of all thanks to Danial for looking after me and my DIY rides for some time - I have found him easy to communicate with and had no trouble sorting out rides and control points etc , as well as initiating the new GPS route system which I wholeheartedly support. So many thx Danial.

And then looking forward to the same easy relationship with you Rich - and my thanks to you for taking up the task.

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #15 on: 11 September, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »
Events can now be entered online via Ian's website where he has kindly added me a page on there for me along with his and Martin's ECE page :thumbsup:

Rich Forrest's DIY Events Page

Martin

« Reply #16 on: 11 September, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »
ooh that's rather snazzy maybe I'll get Ian to set a SE one up for me as well as his ECE one :thumbsup:

I think we need to add a surcharge to set up a tab for him at the bar at the AGM  ;)

edit; Chris S; all these changes; despite happening in the blink of an eye on teh internets; need to wait for Arrivee to hit the doormats to take official effect for the benefit of the digitally challenged

Chris S

« Reply #17 on: 11 September, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »
I'm assuming at some point, the online DIY entry form will stop offering Danial as an organiser and will instead list you, Rich.

As well as the three paper cards I have from Danial, I have four (probably three after tomorrow) electronic pre-paid entries from Danial. Will the electronic overlap be as seamless as that you implied (on Facebook) for the paper entries?

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #18 on: 11 September, 2010, 10:31:00 pm »
I'm assuming at some point, the online DIY entry form will stop offering Danial as an organiser and will instead list you, Rich.

As well as the three paper cards I have from Danial, I have four (probably three after tomorrow) electronic pre-paid entries from Danial. Will the electronic overlap be as seamless as that you implied (on Facebook) for the paper entries?

Yes it will be changed at some point I hope, but we know how AUK works lol. Not saying anything against the web page updater man who I believe is on here also  ;D
But yes it should be as seamless as said before.

Rich

DanialW

« Reply #19 on: 12 September, 2010, 03:32:43 am »
It will be seamless, because although I'll forward new entries to Richard, I'll happily process card that land on my doorstep. So, you'll either get processed or referred by me.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #20 on: 13 September, 2010, 04:42:35 pm »
Events can now be entered online via Ian's website where he has kindly added me a page on there for me along with his and Martin's ECE page :thumbsup:

It might be worth including the map that defines "Wales and Midlands" there. (I think it's particularly hard to find on AUKWeb).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #21 on: 13 September, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

It might be worth including the map that defines "Wales and Midlands" there. (I think it's particularly hard to find on AUKWeb).

I would do, but I can't find it myself  ;D

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #22 on: 13 September, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
Doesn't surprise me ... !

You could just list the counties. Oh, and if you do AAA points, mentioning that would be handy [see other thread for further confusion!].

Matt
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #23 on: 13 September, 2010, 07:37:12 pm »
I haven't the app at the minute but now I've said that I'm sure an email is flying my way, and I must find out the counties myself first  ;D

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #24 on: 13 September, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »
Last time I looked Suffolk was in SE England (Martin) but Norfolk wasn't.  I think there was a map in arrivée some time this past year.

hth.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.