Author Topic: Chapeau Scott  (Read 1375 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Chapeau Scott
« on: 31 May, 2011, 11:05:45 am »
Some people amaze me with their physical resilience

Scott of the A5 « Audaxing

red marley

Re: Chapeau Scott
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:15:33 am »
Met up with Scott at various stages of the Beast from the East this weekend. A strong rider and very friendly. He's new to audaxing this year but looks like he's caught the bug as he's aiming for Paris.  Oh, and he had bad weather gear with him this time.

border-rider

« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:16:47 am »
I saw him at the start of the Brevet Cymru; he was running late and left after everyone but Manotea ;)

Nice chap.

StephenR

• Boooom Blast & Ruin
« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:19:23 am »
I met up with Scott at Pete's Eats in Llanberis and he was soaking wet there. He rode with our group to Menai and then pushed on. We caught him again on the windy part back to Bangor and he rode with us for a short time. The last time we saw him was aproaching the services at Bangor. We all wondered what had happened to him and I am glad he did manage to finish. We were amazed by his lack of suitable kit for such a wet and windy event.
Chapeau!
The land at the end of our toes it goes on and on and on and on

AndyH

« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:19:56 am »
+1

Did he mention that after the Brevet Cymru he slept for a few hours, drove to London & did a 200 (in Essex I think). Including the driving and sleeping he finished both events inside the time limit for a BRM 600.

I learned that from him when we were chatting on the Old Roads 300. Nice guy. He told me he doesn't really bother with forums.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #5 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:28:10 am »
Perhaps that should be:

Chapeau, Scott?

And maybe a coat?

Anyway, it takes all sorts, and it's always nice to be reminded there is someone madder/dafter/more-determined out there. Somewhere.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:32:29 am »
I remember having seen him out in February on a 200 (maybe the Kennet Valley Run?) in shorts and a little jacket - granted, it was a mild spring, but still pretty brave!

Clearly made of tough stuff.

Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #7 on: 31 May, 2011, 11:38:10 am »
I've met Scott on a few events this year, most memorably on the chiltern hills 200 out of Great Kingshill in the spring. Very nice chap in non-audax white. A tadge faster than me. Driving home to catch an essex 200 is a tadge keen!