Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Android 12
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 05:05:26 am »
Yes, about Christmas, Samsung say. They are beta testing it now.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by StuAff on Today at 12:12:27 am »
Dune !   Ortnithopters !  Good ornithopters !  Sandworms !  Fremen !  Deserts !  Sandstorms! Heighliners!  Visually impressive.  Gets a lot of stuff right. 

(click to show/hide)
If they get the green light for part two, most of this should be sorted. It might show up in 2024... Villeneuve deliberately cut out certain scenes & Feyd. 'There were certainly broad-stroke decisions that were made, just to find the most dynamic way to tell the story. We had to shovel some things into Part Two for the mental sanity of everybody'.
(FFS man, include the fight with the Atreides slave on Giedi Prime. That would be brilliant).
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by bobb on Yesterday at 11:57:56 pm »
I saw Bond tonight. It's as good as any modern Bond I suppose. I don't get why he went to so much trouble to ship various Astons all over the world only to leave by other means though!
The Knowledge / Re: Bike packing trends
« Last post by bobb on Yesterday at 11:52:30 pm »
I always thought there was a big national fashion divide.  I associate 4-panniers with Germans and Dutch - from the flatlands where weight is less of an issue.  Two massive panniers at the back is more British.  My Galaxy handles fine with that setup. 

Yep, the classic 5 bag bike tourists. You can tell the difference between the Dutch and the Germans so equipped by either the brand of their bike, or if they are wearing a Helmet. Helmet == Guten Tag. No Helmet == Goede Morgen. Carradice == Good morning!

Based on those I've met cycling around in .NL... and .DE... and .FI...

J

Whenever I'm touring in Europe with the classic 5 bag setup, people futher west (Spain, France, Belgium etc) always assume I'm German. In Germany, Switzerland etc. they always assume I'm Dutch. I've even been mistalen for a German by other British cycle tourists.  The Dutch on the other hand just seem to know I'm British.

I'm 1/8th German, so maybe that's it. Or maybe it's just the all bags  :P
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 11:50:23 pm »
Looks Like Rain ~ The Bevis Frond
Racing / Re: Sky - gaming the system?
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 11:44:17 pm »
Non-certified labs?  Is running UKAD something Dido Queen of Carnage does in her copious free time?
Racing / Re: Sky - gaming the system?
« Last post by Jakob on Yesterday at 11:38:12 pm »
Well, why were they using non-certified labs in the first place? And what individuals made that decision?
Which athlete's samples were sent to the non-certified labs?

It opens up way more questions than it answers and just makes BC/UKAD look even more dodgy.
The Knowledge / Re: Bike packing trends
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Yesterday at 11:24:42 pm »
I always thought there was a big national fashion divide.  I associate 4-panniers with Germans and Dutch - from the flatlands where weight is less of an issue.  Two massive panniers at the back is more British.  My Galaxy handles fine with that setup. 

Yep, the classic 5 bag bike tourists. You can tell the difference between the Dutch and the Germans so equipped by either the brand of their bike, or if they are wearing a Helmet. Helmet == Guten Tag. No Helmet == Goede Morgen. Carradice == Good morning!

Based on those I've met cycling around in .NL... and .DE... and .FI...

J
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME Miscellany
« Last post by jiberjaber on Yesterday at 11:22:46 pm »
Well that was worth while! A total of £4 in points LOL  ::-)
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: the worst piece of software
« Last post by Kim on Yesterday at 11:22:09 pm »
I really hope that's been written by a 14 year old hoping to scrape up enough ad revenue to fund a new Arduino, and not someone who should know better...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10