Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Health & Fitness / Re: Dry January - 2021
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 12:42:36 pm »
Hoegaarden 0,0 is by far the best low alcohol I've ever had.

Spotted it in Aldi yesterday and bought a 4 pack. Will definitely be getting more.

I've not tried that, but the Leffe Blonde 0.0% isn't too bad. Much better than Peroni or Moretti 0's.
The Knowledge / Re: Shorter cranks?
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:39:06 pm »
I'm surprised that no-one has yet challenged the assumption that both cranks have to be the same size.

Only if both your legs are the same...
Rides and Touring / Re: Touring Bikes?
« Last post by TimC on Today at 12:03:48 pm »
Bobb, people love to be reactionary and antediluvian and live as much as possible in the past - ‘cos it was better then, natch.

Like you, I’m pretty sure that the LBS’s round me would reply ‘dunno, I’ll have to get back to you after I’ve spoken to the distributor’ if I asked for 7/8 speed components, but 11/12 speed will be on the shelf (given that anything at all is on their shelves just now!).

My oldest bikes are getting on for 20 years old and wear 10-speed Shimano Ultegra, which is very hard to get bits for now. It works perfectly, but won’t forever. When it doesn’t, I’ll replace it with something more up to date.
The Knowledge / Re: Shorter cranks?
« Last post by MartinC on Today at 11:45:28 am »
I'm surprised that no-one has yet challenged the assumption that both cranks have to be the same size.
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME goes Dutch
« Last post by Ivo on Today at 11:44:42 am »
Just check this page for a number of semi official permanents of 100km starting at Valkenswaard: https://www.mybrevet.cc/nl/randonneursnl/brevet/100-km
Rides and Touring / Re: Touring Bikes?
« Last post by bobb on Today at 11:44:13 am »
Say your wheel gets buckled.

You ain't half pessimistic! I haven't buckled a wheel since some time back in the 20th century. And I've slammed into some pretty deep unseen/unavoidbale potholes whilst fully loaded....

Edit: Of course, someone will be along in a minute to talk about all their buckled wheels :P

Edit 2: Modern bike shops are far more likely to stock modern components. Finding spares for your obselete 7 or 8 speed drive train is going to be harder than finding current stuff...
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by fboab on Today at 11:43:14 am »
Well that's a bloody bastard.  Can they pump the joint full of hyaluronic acid to give you a bit of interim cushioning and let other inflammation sites calm down a bit?  I suppose they tried that already, though.

I'm getting this done this afternoon. Crossing my fingers for the potential 6 months relief. The physio implied that if it works I can keep getting it done at intervals until it stops working. I'm totally on board with that.

How's it going?  First time I had it done it lasted a week or two, second wasn't so good.  Cost 150€ a shot, too - I hope yours is 100% NHS-covered.

Heh £140. Plus £50 for the initial consult. She said positive effects could be felt in 2-4 weeks and last for yonks after. Next line of attack (if/when this doesn't work) will be PRP in the joint. Today was single leg drills on the rower as my range of movement is massively reduced.  ::-) Early days.
The Knowledge / Re: Chainsuck?
« Last post by MartinC on Today at 11:42:20 am »
I'd never bother about small/small. It's not a ratio I'd need or want to use.

The only real use for small:small is raising the derailleur cage of a small-wheeled bike away from recently cut grass.

Everyone's entitled to their own definition of real.  ;D
The Pub / Re: 5G is downing our planes!
« Last post by TimC on Today at 11:34:30 am »
Interesting. Not exactly a great time of year to be making Lo-Vis Ops impossible for much of your planned traffic, especially in the PNW. If and when flight cancellations start to bite, locally-elected representatives may find that both businesses and individuals in their constituencies regard continuing their access to travel as more important in the short term than gains in mobile bandwidth.
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:34:01 am »
Well that's a bloody bastard.  Can they pump the joint full of hyaluronic acid to give you a bit of interim cushioning and let other inflammation sites calm down a bit?  I suppose they tried that already, though.

I'm getting this done this afternoon. Crossing my fingers for the potential 6 months relief. The physio implied that if it works I can keep getting it done at intervals until it stops working. I'm totally on board with that.

How's it going?  First time I had it done it lasted a week or two, second wasn't so good.  Cost 150€ a shot, too - I hope yours is 100% NHS-covered.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10