Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Talk to me about tubs
« Last post by DuncanM on Today at 11:44:06 am »
Before you do that check out what NOS GP4 rims sell for on ebay.

Your next Audax bike might be self funding . . .
They definitely aint NOS - still got (decades old) glue on them. I'll dig them out anyway - no use leaving them in the loft!
Nitto don't make cheap and nasty bars and quality costs. Who knew?
My bars are not nasty thank-you very much. Cheap to one is not cheap to another. I've had no problem with them over many years and miles. Why would one make such a comment?

I'd be interested in the difference in fatigue tests between the two manufacturers. Not many (any?) have more rigorous fatigue testing than Nitto.
Health & Fitness / Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Last post by py on Today at 11:31:13 am »
Relatively new to YACF, have been lurking a bit found this and the annual tracking thread so decided to get involved. Have made some positive changes to diet in terms of quality, quantity and when I'm eating which has led to some good results so far. Have also opted to bring a bidon with me on my commutes to ensure I get enough water during the day.

Updating has been tough. Back to back to back colds in February was a real pain and then we'd a new addition to the family in March. Finally back in a rhythm/routine where food is being monitored and am getting a small bit more time back on the bike before work. Need to get back on Zwift soon though.
Audax / Re: West Highland 1000km. Thu 31 May 2018
« Last post by Phil W on Today at 11:27:59 am »
Phil - I was not suggesting that the distances were in error. "cf" means 'compared with' and I used these entries in the context of description of type of control.

In which case what was your point regards those controls; one being a receipt and one being an Info?
The Knowledge / Re: My bike gave me a buzz!
« Last post by Butterfly on Today at 11:24:17 am »
It's started happening again, although the lights seem to be working fine now. I assume it is a slightly different fault, as I've had a frame transplant so it has been totally rewired. It's the rear brake that is causing the problem now. Fortunately, on the tandem it is pretty safe to use just one brake - an e-assist tandem is unlikely to flip - but it is worrying and quite nasty when I forget.

Does anyone know of any bike shops that are happy to look at dynamo wiring?
Interesting to see that there isn't a control at the Northern tip. The devious could be tempted to make short-cuttings direct to Betws-y-Coed  O:-)
Yes - the route sheet mentions a control at Caernarfon but actually ends up at Betws y Coed. The GPX as supplied doesn't actually go in to Caernarfon either ... maybe there'll be an info on the day ??

Ta for the map link  :thumbsup:
Audax / Re: West Highland 1000km. Thu 31 May 2018
« Last post by Ajax Bay on Today at 11:21:38 am »
Phil - I was not suggesting that the distances were in error. "cf" means 'compared with' and I used these entries in the context of description of type of control.
Audax / Re: Bryan Chapman Memorial 2018
« Last post by Ajax Bay on Today at 11:19:07 am »
With regards to validation, the Llanidloes control on the brevet card was given at 161 km, but in reality it was at 139 on the official route. As a result, the official opening time on the card was 11:22, but many of us got there well before that. Is it likely to be an issue with ACP? validation?
A few of the distances in the brevet were ones left over (ie unchanged) from the 2015 and years' previous routes (I'm guessing).
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27369491
'Correct' distances are (according to my plotted RwGPS route (link above)): BCM 600km audax starting from Chepstow. Controls at Bronllys (72), LLanidloes (138), Dolgellau (King's 203), Menai (292), Dolgellau (King's 374), Aberhafesp (439) and Llandrindod Wells (492), plus 3 information controls at Machynlleth (170), Harlech (231) and Pen-y-pass (267).
YMMV
I think we spoke yesterday (did you phone Saddle Safari?). If Halfrauds cock it up, Mike or Ben in the shop will see you right!
The Pub / Re: Film and TV shows that never got past the commissioning desk
« Last post by LEE on Today at 11:09:44 am »
Mrs Brown's Boys

What's that you say?   They actually commissioned it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10