Author Topic: Utilitarian Adventures  (Read 116698 times)

Re: Utilitarian Adventures
« Reply #700 on: 01 May, 2022, 12:11:32 pm »
Trip to kings Norton tip on the Catrike.  Recycling tetrapacks, two panniers full and then a full bin bag bungeed to the top of the rack.  No worries on the ride and no bag emptying on my head.  My one worry was that I had none of the id required (no driving license and all my bills are online paperless, so no proof of address) but they don’t check you when you go to recycling.

They've never asked me.  Probably no need, because how far can anyone go on a bicycle?
I thought that, but asking an employee to use common sense is always risky business.
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.

« Reply #701 on: 10 May, 2022, 08:43:09 pm »
Knackered my back badly enough on Good Friday that I've been grumpy since, and for the first time ever felt the need to take advantage of my employer's health insurance for a round of physio sessions.

Anyhow, progress has been enough that I felt able to cycle to the appointment today. First time on a bike in what feels like months.

Especially delicious carving my way through the evening traffic gathering all the way from SW19 to SW20.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #702 on: 15 May, 2022, 11:07:31 pm »
Friend freecycling an air fryer, 34cm diameter should just about fit in the panniers ... nope.  Good thing I had the bungees.

I had planned to drop off at t' beer show and buy a growler, but the towel was for wrapping that.
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #703 on: 16 May, 2022, 09:27:56 am »
Next door's umbrella looks pleased to see you.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #704 on: 12 June, 2022, 08:08:43 pm »
Cycled not very far last night from our Air BnB to a friend's Big Birthday Party at the Science Oxford Centre.

Only a 5 minute cycle, so we only bothered with the bikes because walking that far would have meant I was o/s for the rest of the day.

It was however notable for one reason Mrs hatler used the gift from a recently departed uncle, an as-new Bickerton.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #705 on: 12 June, 2022, 08:38:13 pm »
Cycled not very far last night from our Air BnB to a friend's Big Birthday Party at the Science Oxford Centre.

Only a 5 minute cycle, so we only bothered with the bikes because walking that far would have meant I was o/s for the rest of the day.

It was however notable for one reason Mrs hatler used the gift from a recently departed uncle, an as-new Bickerton.
OOh! I was responsible for the installation of an exhibition at the SOC a few years ago .

« Reply #706 on: 12 June, 2022, 08:56:16 pm »

OOh! I was responsible for the installation of an exhibition at the SOC a few years ago .
V cool. How long ago ?  The sciencey bit of the centre is currently set up as an education centre for local primary schools. Was that you ?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #707 on: 19 July, 2022, 11:16:37 am »
What with the temperature for today was up very early before it got warm to walk our hound. Then grabbed the bike and went to and from the allotment giving the allotment a good soak in between

Off this morning for eldest monkeys leaving assembly at school. Walk there pushing bikes as wife had to get to work after and I didn't fancy the walk back with nattering women

Good job really as the monkey realised she's forgotten her shirt to be signed so after managing not to cry during the assembly shot home grabbed shirt and shot back before a much slower ride home.  Even at 10:30 wad getting uncomfortable to be out in sun