Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Is it just me, or is the Internet becoming less usable?
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:13:19 pm »
That article conspicuously fails to mention &udm=14, which is the secret sauce for turning google back into a search engine.

I have a theory that the feature was sneaked in there by a rogue google employee who wanted to get some work done.
I can only assume that midgies hatched on the Outer Hebrides get blown out to sea before they can do much damage.

Exactly that. You need the warm moist still air of, say, a lochside picnic spot to make the most of them.
Rides and Touring / Re: Dunwich Dynamo 2024 - 20th July
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 12:06:31 pm »
To the best of my knowledge Charlotte has only done it the once on the penny.
I recon that would've been 2008 / 2009.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 12:03:16 pm »
Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
Grow Your Own / Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 11:58:08 am »
The potted on tomatoes still look sickly - I really really don’t like peat free composts (might try some of our own compost in a 50/50 mix next time). Somethings eating the coriander seedlings. Have to try potting some in in the aforementioned mix. Sweet peas are pretty anaemic, and we’ve lost a newish clematis to clematis wilt this past week. Sweetcorn at 50cm is producing a tassel  ::-). What a weird season. Big Daddies are just getting into their stride.

Cut the lawn and strimmer around the raised beds and slabs for the first time in 3 weeks. So glad I eventually got a strimmer, only took me 30 years!  Cut down a dead Spirea. Chopped another lump off the dying Choicia. Sprayed the Coltsfoot from next door with Roundup (I know, but digging it out of our borders is impractical, likewise the bindweed from the same location).

Sat and enjoyed a cup of coffee.
Entries are now open for 2024!

To enter and for full details: https://www.pedalution.co.uk/events/moonrakers-sunseekers-300/

Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Today's SPAM
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 11:50:50 am »
That’s a cut above the usual poor English for sure.
Racing / Re: TDF 2024
« Last post by jwo on Today at 11:48:30 am »
It's not just the frequency of the ad breaks that makes ITV4 almost unwatchable, but their length. And repetition. And if I ever have someone driving up in a "Shkoda" telling me to allez! or turning my map around...
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Last post by StuAff on Today at 11:47:14 am »
Garbage, at Wembley Arena. One good support (Lucia and the Best Boys), and a terrific one (Jehnny Beth), before Shirley and the boys delivered two hours of stonking goodness. Well, 1:45 in my case, I had a train to catch.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 11:42:44 am »
We had to avoid the RIAT area so had breakfast at the Watchfield McDonald's then meandered back via Shrivenham, the railway bridge at the former Ashbury crossing, then the springline road to Wanborough.  The brake bridge clamp on my mudguard fatigued and snapped, so it was rattly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10