Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Tubeless Sealant Viscosity - Thick versus Thin
« Last post by Aushiker on Today at 04:28:11 am »
My experience with Schwalbe tyres (One Pro/G One) is that they have inflated and stayed up without needing any sealant at all. So they could be good candidates for thick(er) sealant.

All that says is you haven't puncture them yet and that you have a tyre that matches with the rim just fine. I wouldn't be reading any more into myself.

Oh BTW I have a Giant tyre on the rear without sealant as I am waiting a wider tyre. I do not assume at all that I am protected by some puncture god ... My risk of deflation is the same as if I was running a tube ... not fantastic.
GPS / Re: What GPS?
« Last post by Aushiker on Today at 04:16:44 am »
Garmin eTrex series ... choose the model that has the features of relevance to you.
Food & Drink / Re: Proper old school greasy spoons
« Last post by Paul H on Today at 03:43:55 am »
I 'grew up' in the Hollies on the A5 between Cannock and Gailey. HQ for many TT's and reliability trials when I started cycling back in the 70s and a regular stop on training/club runs.

I once braved the upstairs rooms to change for a time trial. I think that inoculations were a pre-requisite.

It’s now been bought by a chap who has a vision of a chain of good quality, attractive stops for what presumably are now called logistic transport operative executives. I don’t know how many others he has now, but the old Hollies is certainly no more. There is a rumour that there is salad on the menu now!
There's two, the other is just outside Holyhead, open late but not 24hrs.
http://www.rktruckstops.co.uk/locations/
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 01:22:09 am »
[Baby Driver] That opening scene...  :thumbsup:

Oh yes. Leaves a lot for the rest of the film to live up to.
We've got the General in bossness of Home Command visiting tomorrow... And he's coming by squirrel!  :D :thumbsup:

Unfortunately

https://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/Squirrelht1.cfm

Shame.  This would have been much more impressive.  ;D
The Pub / Re: What are you doing right now?
« Last post by Andrij on Today at 01:16:43 am »
Eating Thanksgiving dinner leftovers.  Friends made a bit too much food, so we all took some home.  After the ride I'm hungry again.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's (today's) early start.  I think I may manage three hours of sleep.
LEL 2017 / Re: Media coverage
« Last post by Pinkybrowne on Yesterday at 11:51:38 pm »
I'm with Peter , i love the way the ride slips very quietly through the night . i spent a good time riding with a spanish chap , and when we met his chums they all said , they were seasoned PBP veterans , that LEL was the best , because it offered a real ride in great country , where the emphasis was upon the individual. This , and I'm not spanish but from norfolk, resonated with my own feelings. leave all the 'jazz' to the ride london etc .....
of course its just my own view and how i felt , but who doesn't love sneaking through villages in the middle of the night , uh oh that last might sound a bit creepier than intended ...
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by ian on Yesterday at 11:28:41 pm »
Surprisingly little motorized stupidity today on my first cycle up to the mothership and back in a while. It worries me after a while, like they may be saving it up. I did see not one but two cars try to drive up the Blackfriars Road segregated cycle bit. Much laughs were being had, I'm sure. Minicab followed by bumper-sniffing white van. They'd figured it out by the time I'd unlocked and loaded up my bike.

I nearly cycled into a roadside post on the way back. Cresting a steep hill. Modern headlights on approaching cars. OH MY FUCKING RETINAS. It's quite a hairy descent at the best of times (Succomb's Hill, the final resting place of a million wing mirrors).

I did get home and have to walk back down the hill to pick up some crushed polystyrene that drivers had evidently been driving over rather than stop for a moment to at least move it off the road (and maybe pick up and take home to throw in their bins). Nah, just keep driving over it.
The Pub / Re: My Daughter and her boyfriend have been scammed
« Last post by Jaded on Yesterday at 11:21:40 pm »
The Police don't give a shit because.

Govt Cuts.
MTB / Extreme
« Last post by handcyclist on Yesterday at 11:20:23 pm »
Sweaty palmed just watching clicky
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10