Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME Miscellany
« Last post by Nick on Today at 08:58:28 pm »
Ah, right - thanks for that.

So where can I find this info and the deadlines for each distance?

Thanks.
I have french maps installed (western Europe off the Garmin site). France is where I use it! No problem with getting a map up but I still can't enter an address! There must be a config option somewhere but being a bit of a numpty at this sort of thing I am stuck on finding it and hoped someone had been there before me.
I have never been anywhere like Belgium with it, let alone Poland!
« Last post by huggy on Today at 08:29:59 pm »
In other news, I think I might enter PBP next year.

This season, I have done:
  • 12th Feb: Knights Templar Compasses, 100km
  • 05th Mar: The Horsepower 200, 200km
  • 15th Apr: Easter Arrow, 400km
  • 17th Jun: Flatlands Reversed, 600km
So, I just need a 300km and I'm in, no? Any suggestions? A DIY, maybe? A&S?

You all knew this was going to happen. :thumbsup:
Nope, this year is for your longest pre-qualifier, you need a BRM SR next season before the quite early window closures for each distance to qualify for PBP.
Of the rides in your list only the Horsepower and Flatlands are BRM. DIY’s & perms are not BRM, and not all calendar rides are BRM - be careful which rides you enter if you need them in your PBP qualifying SR.
OT Gallery / Re: Bridges for CrinklyLion (and everyone else!)
« Last post by mzjo on Today at 08:25:02 pm »

I suppose that when the château was originally built it would have been a drawbridge but this one is quite solidly anchored.
It is Bourg Archambaut in the Vienne département

Not a great defensive position, it's all flat round there, they probably needed the moat!
« Last post by Nick on Today at 08:23:33 pm »
In other news, I think I might enter PBP next year.

This season, I have done:
  • 12th Feb: Knights Templar Compasses, 100km
  • 05th Mar: The Horsepower 200, 200km
  • 15th Apr: Easter Arrow, 400km
  • 17th Jun: Flatlands Reversed, 600km
So, I just need a 300km and I'm in, no? Any suggestions? A DIY, maybe? A&S?

You all knew this was going to happen. :thumbsup:
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by mzjo on Today at 08:18:41 pm »
Randonnée at Montmorillon today. I was going to do the 66km and get back about midday but they were having a little ceremony for a deceased founder member with the apéros and since that started at 11h30 and it seemed bad manners to arrive late I switched to the 46km after the feeding station, getting in at 11h. A very nice day for it although starting to get a bit warm for me by midday. I took the time to take a few photos, including the château at Bourg Archambaut which is not well known being off the tourist circuits.

Later on, on the short circuit I stopped to take a photo of some crops (for identification purposes) and was surprised by a hare (yes, it surprised me, not the other way round).
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 08:16:16 pm »
Inspired by watching Mythago Border/Bedlam Morris* side at Scouts on Friday,we went out hunting dragons in darkest Sussex. Train down to Pulborough, then down a few lanes to Amberley, followed by the joy of The Gurkha bridge. This is accessible by public footpath, so entailed rampant vegetation, kissing gates and lifting the Pino to head height.
Back on tbe road, into Arundel, stopping for a BEER then a PIE, we made our way to Lyminster.church and its  stained glass window in the church depicting the slaying of the local Knucker dragon ( by feeding it a poisoned pie), then on to find the Knucker hole, where it once lived. Sadly it was all fenced off.
We avoided the Gurkha bridge on the way back, electing to take the flinty path instead. Vack at Pulborough there was time for ice cream vefore the train. 50km of excellent fun.

*Masks, drums, sort of heavy metal Morris dancing.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 07:53:11 pm »
Wordle 379 3/6

🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my motorola edge 20 using Tapatalk

The Knowledge / Re: Looking for shoe recommendations
« Last post by Frank9755 on Today at 07:42:14 pm »
Anything comfortable, apart from shoes designed to have cleats fitted to them.

I mainly use shoes designed for flat pedals such as 5-10s or Nortwave equivalent, and trail runners: Innov8, Saloman.  I did try SPD shoes but they have terrible grip as they're too stiff.
The Pub / Re: Well that was embarrassing... (thread)
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 07:37:59 pm »
Ski lesson. Group had stopped downhill of me, Mrs Pingu bent over adjusting boots. I amble down and affectionately pat Mrs P's bottom. Only it wasn't Mrs P, it was someone else in the group :facepalm:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10