Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have an Arkel Seatpacker, which I enjoy using. It works much better for me than the Apidura saddle pack that it replaced. Key benefit is that it has a light aluminium frame which clamps to my saddle rails. This means it is rock solid and doesn't ever sway and it only takes a couple of seconds to put on or take off the bike.
It's also rated as waterproof, which I don't totally rely on but which is a positive.

It's been through two TCRs and a few other trips and is wearing pretty well.

I've got an Apidura top tube bag, which goes almost the full length of the crossbar, so it holds more than the ones that just tuck behind the stem. Works better with a more horizontal top tube. My new frame is quite compact so stuff falls to the back more than on my old bike.

Current bar bag is a Cyclite, which works very well with aerobars and is very good for access when riding. But I do have a reservation about it which is that I think it might affect bike handling when descending in a cross wind.  My previous bar bag was a couple of chalk bag style bags, mounted in front of my bars - I may go back to those.

I've just got a Tailfin to try it out. Normally I don't like roll tops as I think they are a pain to access and not necessary, but I thought I'd try it as lots of people rave about them. Not used it yet.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 09:26:36 pm »
Left Bank Two - The Noveltones

(Vision On "Gallery" theme)
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 08:55:39 pm »
Blind Vision - Blancmange
Ctrl-Alt-Del / BT hub and wifi extender - will this one work?
« Last post by robgul on Today at 08:40:45 pm »
I've just moved to BT Business FTTP with a Smart Hub 3 (replacing a Smart Hub 2) with the Hub 2 I had a wifi repeater disc (the black business one) but that doesn't work with the Hub 3 (BT confirmed that - and offered to supply a disc that does work at an outrageous monthly charge)

I don't understand all the technical stuff so - does anyone know if this gadget from Amazon  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CSD8GL7W/?coliid=I26HYRXPSTMH8P&colid=ORYXZ3U6EPBY&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1  will work with the Hub 3?

I'm willing to give it a try as being Amazon it can go back painlessly, but I'd like some comfort that it might work/

AND if anyone is interest the existing black disc which works with Hub 2 (it's as new) is for sale at £45 posted (BT sells them for £100, they seem to go on ebay at anything between £45 and £75)
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:36:21 pm »
Visions of Angels - Genesis
I think perhaps we should start a forum competition for nonsense like this... ;)
I do like to get an odd snippet here and there into the press. I'm following (on Graun text) the Brighton v Man City match.

Speaking of terrace favourites, here’s Peter Walker, retired chess correspondent to the Ilford Recorder group of newspapers: “You mention the ‘chess-heads’ in your recent paragraph. The real geeky chess buffs may have noted a chess-related link to today’s affairs: the song Sussex by the Sea, played by the band earlier, was written by one Mr. Ward-Higgs, who was himself a bit of a chess player and donated the Ward-Higgs trophy which is competed for annually by British counties’ first teams at correspondence chess - where moves are sent by post! Essex have a very good record in this event.”
I asked for genuine damsels and they sent me a witch, an evil stepmother and an ugly sister  :(
The Knowledge / Re: Superlative Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Last post by finch on Today at 08:21:57 pm »
Real life  ;D
« Last post by spesh on Today at 08:20:21 pm »
Baby I Don't Care - Transvision Vamp
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10