Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GPS / Re: VeloViewer Explorer Score and Max Square
« Last post by fboab on Today at 11:13:33 pm »
#hooked
Phototalk / Re: Bought any photography stuff today?
« Last post by LEE on Today at 11:03:10 pm »
DJI Osmo Mobile 2

A "SteadyCam" Gimbal for my mobile phone.   Since I intend to use my phone for video Blogs of my upcoming travels*  I want to improve the production values as much as I can.

* Smaller scale travels can ve seen at www.gohumberto.com
The Sporting Life / Re: World cup 2018
« Last post by LEE on Today at 10:58:54 pm »
That was one of the most comical things I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. How it wasn’t a penalty is beyond my ken.

Just scrap VAR now.  There's simply no point in saying you have it if you don't use it to spot that.

Fucking ridiculous!!  That would constitute assault on any British street.

It's illegal in Rugby ferchristssake!
The Pub / Re: modern life is rubbish
« Last post by ian on Today at 10:49:49 pm »
As the last living human on subdeck 13583599gh of the mothership, all questions eventually find their way to my inbox. Or people CC me because somehow they thing it's something that I should know. It's not and I was genuinely quite happy not knowing. Those huge dangling emails quoting everything that was ever said. And someone's email begat someone else email, and begat begat begat. I wouldn't mind, but do you know how this Tidy Haired Thought Leader™ answers the many questions that emailed to him? Sometimes I just Google the answer and respond. That, dear minions, is how I know the GDP of Burundi. Do they think I just memorized them? OK, evidently. Other times, when I'm feeling less charitable, I just make up the answer. I'm like Alexa, if you'd somehow managed to persuade her to open a spreadsheet containing the Darkhold function, and she turned a bit evil. She'd still be better than Siri. No Siri, I said Excel, not XXX. Close. Close. Close.

Which reminds me, I've written the first episode of The Emailer in my head.
The Pub / Re: Iconoclasm
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 10:48:44 pm »
Sporks are nowhere near as good as proper cutlery (or fingers).

Much like your towel, you should always know where your spork is
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Phil W on Today at 10:48:42 pm »
Blue Peter style route sheet holder for a 200 tomorrow.
The Pub / Re: Iconoclasm
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 10:47:49 pm »
The Beach Boys were so much a better inavovative band than the Beatles.

Yes, the beatles were sh!t, what's new here?
The Dark Side / Re: Advice please
« Last post by Phil W on Today at 10:47:03 pm »
For me it was the ladybird swarm in the 70s as a young child. They bite when I swarms.

It was 1976. At my birthday party we had a lady bird collecting competition. They were everywhere.
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 10:45:56 pm »
BB and Cranks fitted to Giant.

Intend to do brake swap tomorrow, longer reach brakes onto the Cruzbike and put the original ones back on the Giant from the CB
« Last post by mcshroom on Today at 10:28:21 pm »
My singlespeed has been driving me to distraction (and not riding it for months) as there was a loud creak/clunk every pedal stroke under load.

Knowing I'd changed the BB, I've been checking the freewheel, chain, pedals, cranks, chainring (yes that one is getting a bit sharky actually). but still it kept creaking. I finally decided to take the BB out again, and discovered I'd only tightened it finger tight on the drive side :facepalm:

Now the BB has been removed, cleaned, regreased and installed properly, the bike's was almost silent when I took it for a spin round the block!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10