Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: Your Longest Winter Ride?
« Last post by djrikki on Today at 11:50:52 am »
Well I can't count Moonrakers and Sunseekers as that was prior to Dec 21st, so with Winter not actually having started yet I have to go back to 10th March this year when I did my first solo 250km.

My then new bike arrived the day before so I was eager to get on it and so decided to take it out on its maiden voyage.  :thumbsup:
The "meteorological" year has winter Dec 1st to last day of Feb (which IMHO is quite sensible). But sadly our Moonraker 300 is still in Autumn!

Well as this doesn't relate to the weather (not directly at least) I use the astronomical calendar which runs from solstice to solstice.  :P
The Knowledge / Re: Water repellent clear glasses - recommendations?
« Last post by ijsbrand on Today at 11:45:47 am »
Caps for runners tend to work well for me. This Nike thing has heen the best addition to my winter wardrobe in years:

Wednesday or Thursday would be fine.
Is that your guesstimate of how long the hangover will last? :D

:)

Tuesday's taken - the family tradition is to go to the Christmas quiz at my dad's old WMC. And try to remember the questions from last year...

Scorton works for me.
Ah but it is on the 7th. So a night at Tan Hill could be part of your tapering then Karlo. :)
« Last post by Si S on Today at 11:43:46 am »
I'm having a bad patch.

Cracked off this December on the 3rd with a DIY by GPS 200 from Macclesfield but packed at Middlewich soaked and freezing.
St Lucy's 200km on the 8th. Knocked off by careless driver about 1.5 km into the ride. Bike knackered.
On the 14th, bike fixed,  second attempt at earlier DIY. Got to Wrexham (70km) and realised my garmin was still set to 'Do not record'.

3rd attempt now planned for Monday. What could possibly go wrong?

Ruddy hell JayP, hope you're ok.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Legs on Today at 11:42:20 am »
Storm in a Teacup - The Fortunes
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 11:40:02 am »
Fortune Teller - The Who
« Last post by JayP on Today at 11:37:44 am »
I'm having a bad patch.

Cracked off this December on the 3rd with a DIY by GPS 200 from Macclesfield but packed at Middlewich soaked and freezing.
St Lucy's 200km on the 8th. Knocked off by careless driver about 1.5 km into the ride. Bike knackered.
On the 14th, bike fixed,  second attempt at earlier DIY. Got to Wrexham (70km) and realised my garmin was still set to 'Do not record'.

3rd attempt now planned for Monday. What could possibly go wrong?
« Last post by Pedaldog on Today at 11:36:49 am »
Last train home - Lost Prophets.
Audax / Re: AUK and OCD inc.
« Last post by grams on Today at 11:22:29 am »
No rider opts in to the AAA scheme - they have the points foisted onto them whether they want them or not.

The fundamental flaw is the AAA points being awarded based on the organiser's suggested route. If AAA is a serious competition, then the ride shouldn't attract points if the hills are easily avoided.

If it isn't a serious competition, and just a bit of fun for the few who care, then the level of invective by the poster above is unwarranted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10