Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: West Highland 1000km. Thu 31 May 2018
« Last post by CrazyEnglishTriathlete on Yesterday at 11:55:17 pm »
Brevet card received yesterday, thanks.  Its arrival prompted some reflections about the rides I've done this season and this one is a clear winner for me, route was excellent and whilst challenging in places (the coast road to Campbeltown in particular) the views were stunning, helped by some excellent weather. The city centre evening start and finish worked a treat and cycling through the first night bought time in hand for some good quality sleep on nights 2 & 3. Brilliant bag drop service in Oban and the arrivee food and drink was very welcome.

+1
OT Knowledge / Re: Question to watch wearers.
« Last post by Jaded on Yesterday at 11:53:44 pm »
My sister's opposite number!
If you peel vegetables, in which hand do you hold the knife/peeler?

Either. It depends on which is most useful at the time. Given many devices are designed for and rightanders, it pays, as a lefty, to be able to cope in a biased world.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by mcshroom on Yesterday at 11:40:06 pm »
40mph (gusting 60mph) head wind forecast for me tomorrow! As much as I've enjoyed the last few days on the singlespeed, I think tomorrow calls for gears.
Audax / Re: Random audax questions
« Last post by mattc on Yesterday at 11:27:47 pm »
I am not worthy!

muchos gracias

[but only 9.5/10, as you guessed the wrong event ;) ]
Audax / Re: Wwhat I love about AUK
« Last post by JonB on Yesterday at 11:22:52 pm »
Do you think theres a market for Audax Attitude AwardTM Manotea Industries Inc T-Shirts?
I should coco :thumbsup:
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by hellymedic on Yesterday at 11:16:29 pm »
Playing silly buggers by the kitchen door.
Big Tom is lounging on the doormat inside, Blackie is just outside the glass door, unwilling to use cat flap and land on Tom...
The Knowledge / Are FSA M5 stem bolts special?
« Last post by mattc on Yesterday at 11:13:08 pm »
Bought a used bike with a rounded allen bolt in the stem [fork collar]. It seems a regular allen bolt, M5 (ish), an unthreaded section for about 25% of its length. The only "specialness" is that the shaft driectly underneath the cap is thickened.

Is there any reason I shouldn't replace it with  a regular M5 bolt -of roughly ssame length - from my local factors?
Audax / Re: Wwhat I love about AUK
« Last post by Manotea on Yesterday at 11:10:00 pm »
Do you think theres a market for Audax Attitude AwardTM Manotea Industries Inc T-Shirts?
Audax / Re: Random audax questions
« Last post by Greenbank on Yesterday at 11:03:08 pm »
If we had a Random Audax Whinges thread:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
OT Knowledge / Re: Question to watch wearers.
« Last post by hellymedic on Yesterday at 10:54:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10