Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
The Knowledge / Re: Lezyne parts grump
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Yesterday at 11:46:52 am »
This seems odder and odder (except for jiberjaber making a part, which is the kind of brilliant thing that happens on YACF :thumbsup:). Were you initially ordering it from the Active Sport site you linked to? In which case, "cost of postage" could indeed be a roundabout way of saying "we can't be arsed to sort out the VAT under €135 thing for this". I'd kind of assumed it was from some Lezyne central distribution point earlier. I wonder what happen if you got a friend in eg Belgium to order it? Or is it on the website but in reality they're waiting for it themselves.

Nevertheless, I remain impressed that spare parts are available at all (in theory). I'm sure that's not the case for most similar products.
The Knowledge / Re: Bikes on Class 800 trains (GWR)
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Yesterday at 11:30:28 am »
Though apparently some are running on the North Cotswold line (Worcester to Oxford), so perhaps it's not all the sub-classes?
Food & Drink / Re: Water Kefir
« Last post by offcumden on Yesterday at 11:17:24 am »
I used to buy kefir milk from a local Eastern European shop, but got out of the habit during lockdowns.  It would be interesting to try making my own - either with milk, or something else.

Where do you buy your kefir grains?  I've seen them in 'Lakeland' shops in the past, but they seemed too expensive for it to be worthwhile.
Health & Fitness / Re: Post vaccination effects
« Last post by hatler on Yesterday at 11:16:20 am »
Mid-March AZ at 11.30am. Became shivery at 9pm and retired to bed. Got up briefly the next morning and headed back for bed, dozed on and off. Didn't eat. Felt crap, like a bad cold. Overnight got very shivery and woke suddenly at 4am thinking my hot water bottle had split. Realised it was simply sweat, but felt absolutely fine. Woke up properly at 8am and carried on as though nothing had happened. Very slightly sore arm for a couple of days after that.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:08:57 am »
5,500 Miles - The Presidents of the United States of America
Food & Drink / Re: Water Kefir
« Last post by fd3 on Yesterday at 10:56:01 am »
Sort of non alcoholic fermented/naturally fizzy fruit juice with live bacteria and low on sugar.

Kombucha involves a bacterial culture and has a more vinegary tang to it.  Kefir is ... ummm ... based on some grains (that contain the microorganisms).
« Last post by rafletcher on Yesterday at 10:27:18 am »
8 Miles High - Roxy Music
« Last post by Redlight on Yesterday at 10:24:42 am »
Up, Up and Away - The Fifth Dimension
« Last post by Karla on Yesterday at 10:23:20 am »
Tonight we fly - The Divine Comedy
Audax / Re: ACH "The Way to the Sea" 200 from Greenwich 3/7/2021
« Last post by citoyen on Yesterday at 10:20:23 am »
Entries are now open.

https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=8909&Evno=21-485

No dithering about this one... I'm in!

So that means I have slightly under two months to get fit enough to ride 200km. Hmmm!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]