Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Teach me about setting up a record player
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:04:41 pm »
But then again, I have a Sonos line in/out thingy ...
So I can stream my scratchy old vinyl to modern Sonos speakers!
Ooh! Details/link please? TIA
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 09:58:21 pm »
The End - The Doors
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by dace on Today at 09:54:50 pm »
I added the controls for myself here https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/261808609
If others want to use it, I think, this only works for Garmin devices and only using 'send to device'.

I don't take responsibility for misplaced controls! :)

Had a quick look and agree with your placements, apart from Denver Sluice info which needs to be earlier. I’d say between 131 and 132km where the Denver sluice is actually located and where I’ve put it in my own copy in Connect.

Personally thought the Route sheet described control locations well enough to place in online mapping software of your choice. East Winch info location is obvious if you bring up the track on the map and spot the short out and back. Ramsey is after the town and is the first left after 19km. Nordelph when you hit the left turn into A road with drainage channel on left and often loads of daffodils.

Thanks! Yes, I was not sure about the Denver Sluice when I tried to mark it. I didn't realise there was an actual Sluice (didn't know what it meant to be honest, [blush]). I repositioned it now.
« Last post by dace on Today at 09:48:17 pm »
Thanks MsG and dace;

what seems to have evolved since Audax had GPX tracks to follow is that it's often assumed that everything a rider needs to negotiate the route and find conrols is the track. This is not the case! The route sheet shows the exact location of the controls, and the brevet card shows the location and distance (although this is approximate based on mapping software)

The standard format for AUK rides sent to riders is .gpx which is a "vanilla" track with nothing else shown

Yeah, I know that's the traditional way. But I don't like the 'scavenger hunt' aspects involved. I just like to mindlessly cycle :) So for me, the best is a route file with control points and E-Brevet :) But a small part of me hates myself for these reasons, I'd like myself better if I liked the traditional way, but no, I like the modern way ;(
But thanks GdS for planning the route and organising! I look forward to the event! :)
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 09:43:23 pm »
I added the controls for myself here https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/261808609
If others want to use it, I think, this only works for Garmin devices and only using 'send to device'.

Had a quick look and agree with your placements, apart from Denver Sluice info which needs to be earlier. I’d say between 131 and 132km where the Denver sluice is actually located and where I’ve put it in my own copy in Connect.

Personally thought the Route sheet described control locations well enough to place in online mapping software of your choice. East Winch info location is obvious if you bring up the track on the map and spot the short out and back. Ramsey info is after the town and is the first left after 19km. Nordelph info when you hit the left turn into A road with drainage channel on left and often loads of daffodils.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 09:41:45 pm »
I was instead confronted with Yesterday in Parliament.

Oh FFS. I’d rather listen to The Navy Lark. And I never want to listen to that.
<sotto voce>I don't mind The Navy Lark
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Nick on Today at 09:40:21 pm »
Not out again, I am afraid.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What are you streaming at the moment…
« Last post by jwo on Today at 09:37:50 pm »
Apparently the style was inspired by images collected in NeoRealismo: The New Image in Italy 1932-1960 (see also this book).
« Last post by dace on Today at 09:32:30 pm »

I can't ride this year but, for what it's worth, you can download a GPX from that link. Most devices should be able to use that. Use the ellipsis (posh name for three dots) just along from the Send to Device button at the bottom of the screen.

It would only download the plain gpx route, not the control points! To get it with the control points from Garmin Connect, as far as I know, the only way is to 'send it to device'. Maybe it would work if downloaded as .fit file, but I remember some discussion that that did not work - controls were not there.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 09:32:29 pm »
I was instead confronted with Yesterday in Parliament.

Oh FFS. I’d rather listen to The Navy Lark. And I never want to listen to that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10