Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Amazon - it’s complicated
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Yesterday at 08:51:56 pm »
The books in Waterstones are clothes so so should you be.
Just because Amazon sells Naked books to naked people doesn't mean that's normal...
« Last post by ian on Yesterday at 08:47:33 pm »
Well, there is that, I'm on Azure these days (I used to give them about three-quarters of a million in prime USD every year for AWS).

Buying Kindle books in the bath though is my thoroughly depraved pastime. Try going to Waterstones naked.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 08:47:27 pm »
Since my shiny new PC steering wheel could not be clamped to the already-bodged Estate Office desk in the approved manner (i.e. without wobbling) much further bodging has gone on with slabs of wood to make it work, with the result that there are now parts of it thick enough to stop a 500kg bomb should the Luftwaffe decide to finish what they started in 1940.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by MattH on Yesterday at 08:45:43 pm »
Very nice, but what spokes did you use?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Joost on Yesterday at 08:45:03 pm »

Nub End In A Coke Can - Go Kart Mozart
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 08:42:21 pm »
The HSTs were all fitted with speed limiters at some point, and were theoretically limited to 125mph after that.  I've seen 128mph at Shrivenham.

I used to regularly time them at 130mph southbound through Huntingdon, but that was back in the 80s, well before On Train Data Recorders...

The father of one former BHPC stalwart used to drive them on the route out of Penzance and claimed they regularly hit 140 mph if they were sure there wasn’t a representative of The Mgt on board.
« Last post by perpetual dan on Yesterday at 08:42:16 pm »
I mostly stopped using them after the last time the not prime but is really button tricked me, and I deleted my card information. I relented for a book that was unavailable at Waterstones, but haven’t got back into the habit of looking there first or second for stuff.

Electronics from China are hard to avoid, but I find my modest habit can be satisfied without getting them via Amazon.

I only see things on Prime, via Mrs Dan, occasionally and don’t have a kindle.

But then I get to work, where we use AWS.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 08:39:12 pm »
Syrup ~ Michael Nyman
The Knowledge / Re: Pogies/hand warmers
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Yesterday at 08:34:48 pm »
A mate made his own for Strathpuffer out of bubble wrap, apparently worked really well..

I can't see the wife being chuffed with that
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Who to upgrade 2010 Macbook Pro?
« Last post by ian on Yesterday at 08:32:17 pm »
Grams beat me, but yes, a new Macbook Air is going to give you a decade before you have to ask the question again.

I had a 2015 Macbook Pro until recently, it was fine, but really, if you have a budget buy something new. Apple also have a refurb store which might be worth checking out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10