Author Topic: Zwifting - I think I need help!  (Read 46280 times)

Re: Zwifting - I think I need help!
« Reply #575 on: 15 June, 2022, 01:07:10 pm »
For controlling, I run an AutoHotkey script on the laptop and have a Bluetooth remote button thingy on my handlebars so that I can navigate, activate power-ups, take photos, adjust workout bias etc without having to fiddle with the laptop.  There's a good guide here.

Now that is a great idea. Thanks!

HRM is essential if you're interested in racing - most races won't give you a classified 'zwiftpower' finish if you don't have a monitor.  I use a Garmin Dual - connection can be flaky at times.

I also bought a Garmin Dual, it should arrive sometime next week. Unfortunately I am a long, long way from being able to race, very overweight at the moment. I just want to get used to the platform and maybe try some workouts. Riding on the trainer still feels a little odd, somewhat unstable though it really isn't.

"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

« Reply #576 on: 16 June, 2022, 07:13:10 pm »
Unfortunately I am a long, long way from being able to race, very overweight at the moment. I just want to get used to the platform and maybe try some workouts. Riding on the trainer still feels a little odd, somewhat unstable though it really isn't.
There are regular time trial races on Zwift, on the pan-flat Tempus Fugit course and the hilly Bologna course, and they're good fun in a masochistic way, as well as being a great way to benchmark your fitness.  If you're 'very overweight' at the moment, you'd see rapid improvements in your time on the Bologna course in particular as your w/kg improves.  Ride On! :thumbsup:

I've now got an Echo Dot set up in my Zwifting suite, so I can listen to Enya without earphones while I'm turning myself inside out.  Can also transmit messages to Mrs Legs and the children inside the house: 'Alexa, announce 'bring me some more water please!"'

« Reply #577 on: 17 June, 2022, 12:22:28 pm »
The bots are also good for being overweight as they work on watts/kg.

gibbo

• Riding for fun, cake and beer.
    • Boxford Bike Club
« Reply #578 on: 20 June, 2022, 01:35:42 pm »
Can also transmit messages to Mrs Legs and the children inside the house: 'Alexa, announce 'bring me some more water please!"'

I tried this once and it worked but with the proviso I never ask again... I think I also heard the words "You should be better prepared!".

« Reply #579 on: 23 June, 2022, 10:16:35 am »
 ;D