Author Topic: Alternative campsites to Wing  (Read 8277 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Alternative campsites to Wing
« Reply #50 on: 27 August, 2022, 04:33:28 pm »
ISTR Twitey's being £10 a night.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #51 on: 29 August, 2022, 09:53:15 pm »
If you can cope with so far sarf, Upper Personage Farm is wonderful. (See king Alfred thread)
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #52 on: 07 June, 2023, 11:59:43 am »
Cuckoo Farm, Ketton, Rutland.

So we gave this place a go over the past weekend.  The site is in total slightly bigger than the size of the front field at Wing.  The middle section is reserved for electric hookups and round the sides is open grass for free pitching.  The northern side by the river is the flatter area.

The toilets and showers are of more than adequate quality and there is a small shop but not one that you could realistically live out of.  They do have fire pits though and sell wood, kindling and Firestarters too.  There is a village shop in Ketton but we never visited.

It is a popular family site and young children play in the river and roam the camping field.

The railway line is close by but trains are infrequent and tend to not really disturb.

It isn't cheap but then nowhere is these days.  The close proximity to Stamford and a good range of supermarkets as well as cafe's and other shops makes it a useful place to have 3 or 4 miles away.  There are a lot of beautiful old buildings there too and a lovely meadow beside the river.

And, I was able to charge our EV overnight on the site.  I paid for it of course but it was reasonably priced and very convenient.

Overall I would be very happy to go again.  It would be sensible to book early as it is very popular.

« Reply #53 on: 07 June, 2023, 01:55:05 pm »
We're spending a couple of nights with friends at Twitey's in July.  It's a Sunday to Tuesday venture.

I'm planning on booking one large pitch which will accommodate all four of us and our tents.  Once again though, pitches have got very spendy.

« Reply #54 on: 07 June, 2023, 06:41:07 pm »
Have you got dates for twitys?  :)
the slower you go the more you see