Author Topic: what I have learned today.  (Read 506116 times)

Re: what I have learned today.
« Reply #5275 on: 09 June, 2021, 02:14:35 pm »
That "Chickens in tutu's are a thing".  Courtesy of a colleague, of course.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #5276 on: 09 June, 2021, 02:28:38 pm »
Epsom had similar. I believe that one in ten of the population was officially insane. Those institutions too are now all long gone.

Given how many hospitals there were on the Horton Estate on the north-west of Epsom, that wouldn't surprise me.  ;D

ISTR most of the east side of Horton Lane had already been redeveloped by the time I'd moved away 20 years ago.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

« Reply #5277 on: 09 June, 2021, 02:56:41 pm »
Were you living in Epsom when the "Uh Uh !!" newspaper seller stood at the Spread Eagle crossroads ?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #5278 on: 09 June, 2021, 03:22:18 pm »
Were you living in Epsom when the "Uh Uh !!" newspaper seller stood at the Spread Eagle crossroads ?

Can't say I remember that guy - strictly speaking, while my postal address had Epsom in it, I was up by the race course and usually only came into town on a Saturday...
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5279 on: Yesterday at 01:05:15 pm »
  • Drilling holes into brick is a lot easier if your 8mm masonry bit is not as blunt as your criticism of Julia Tory-Sewer, and
  • There are nowadays two sorts of drill bit, and those with the oversize shaft will not fit your elderly Bosch

(Stomps off to Screwfix* in a huff)

* where I should have stomped yesterday, had I been clearer of thought :-\
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime