Author Topic: How much is (cycle) camping these days?  (Read 7050 times)

Re: How much is (cycle) camping these days?
« Reply #50 on: 12 May, 2023, 09:13:16 am »
I need to put up the bill for our camp last friday. Two people, two tents and croissants delivered to our site in the morning by the site manager 19.60€. I left him the 40c change. A lovely bloke and a very nice site for those who don't demand all entertainment supplied pre-canned (here you make your own; sad that petanque boules weigh too much to cart around cycle-camping). Camping Le Penfaut, St Vincent sur Oust, Morbihan (Brittany), for those cycling the Brest-Nantes canal.
They also have a marquee with benches and tables and a shed with gas stove, microwave and fridge alongside for the lightweight campers. We were glad of that on the saturday morning, breakfasting while it rained!

https://instagram.com/bothyboules

« Reply #51 on: 18 July, 2023, 04:03:33 pm »
Cycled from Dieppe to Marseille last September. Cheapest site less than 6 euro (municipal site on EV3). Most expensive 30 euro (commercial site on the Med coast). Guess which one was nicer?

« Reply #52 on: 18 July, 2023, 05:02:39 pm »
Recent experience in France. Municipal sites 6-9 Euros. Commercial sites 14-20 Euros. 20 Euro site was on the coast and I had probably ventured into the high season.

« Reply #53 on: 18 July, 2023, 05:14:14 pm »
Paid £11.50 in Kirkwall. That had good clean toilets and showers, and a kitchen and lounge. Nice for sitting around if its wet and windy.