Author Topic: Today's scammer  (Read 19777 times)

Re: Today's scammer
« Reply #25 on: 23 February, 2016, 07:38:07 pm »
No links in this one either, but then I don't think there are meant to be.

Hello Friend,

You probably must be thinking how strange it is to receive a letter from a total stranger. I'm karin Bengt, from Sweden, and I'm sorry for reaching out to you in such a strange way, I decided to use the Internet because it still remains the safest and fastest means of getting information, sharing opinion across to an audience and connecting with people from half way around the world. The purpose of this email is for us to get connected, be friends and learn about each other. I'll hope to hear from you again.

Kind Regards.

Karin.

« Reply #26 on: 23 February, 2016, 10:17:49 pm »
^^^^^^ Go on, reply and ask for a photo!

contango

• NB have not grown beard since photo was taken
  • The Fat And The Furious
« Reply #27 on: 25 February, 2016, 12:58:29 am »
^^^^^^ Go on, reply and ask for a photo!

I got a nice email from a young Russian girl who kindly included a link so I could see her photos. Sadly I accidentally deleted it before I could enjoy her curvy charms. I am making something of an assumption that she was old enough to actually have curves.
Always carry a small flask of whisky in case of snakebite. And, furthermore, always carry a small snake.

« Reply #28 on: 25 February, 2016, 09:52:11 am »
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, DC
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20535-0001

This is to officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that your E-mail address was among the email that Won UK National lottery Award which you did not claim, we want to let you know that one of the bank worker where your fund was deposited arrange with his friend to come as the owner of the E-mail that won the prize which they claim your fund, but now your fund has been recovered from them and the people that claim your fund has been arrested.

If you receive any E-mail that you did not understand that is from unknown person to you please do forward it to us to verify and bring the person to justice.

It has come to the attention of our Money trafficking investigation department, that you have some funds valued 800,000.00 Pounds on your name, the said payment is awaiting adjudication and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you, this funds are from UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.

Re-confirm, Names, Address, Phone Number, Age / sex, Occupation and Country, to avoid double claim of your fund.

YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE IS NEEDED

JAMES B. COMEY
FBI DIRECTOR

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #29 on: 25 February, 2016, 09:56:57 am »
JAMES B. COMEY really is the FBI Director so it sounds legit if it's come from him.

I also know he dropped out of school when he was 12 which makes his poor comprehension of punctuation and spelling perfectly understandable..and actually makes it more credible.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #30 on: 25 February, 2016, 12:38:41 pm »
"If you receive any E-mail that you did not understand that is from unknown person to you please do forward it to us to verify and bring the person to justice."

I trust you forwarded the scam e-mail back to the sender ;)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #31 on: 25 February, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »
If you right click on a hotmail email, scroll down and click on message source and look for the ip address
against x-originating ip. That should give you the ip address of the machine (not the server) that sent the email.
Then use one of the ip look-up tools to find out where the machine is located.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #32 on: 25 February, 2016, 01:04:04 pm »
Remember to do it on your iPhone, 'cos the FBI can't look in there.
It is simpler than it looks.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #33 on: 12 March, 2016, 04:02:11 pm »
JBC is a busy man:

Hello Dear

I am Mrs Elizabeth Gale, Sample; I am a US citizen,58 years Old. I reside here in Minnesota.My residential address is as follows.
123 Main street Minneapolis, Mn 12345-0000, United States, am thinking of relocating since I am now Rich And comfortable with my Family. I am one of those that took part in the
Compensation in Africa many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had
Paid over US$8,000 for the past years while in the US, trying to get my
Payment all to no avail.And they always stopped my funds with one reason or the order. However, I decided to travel with my Son to WASHINGTON D.C with all my
Compensation documents, And I was directed by the ( FBI) Director JAMES
BRIEN COMEY,to Contact AGENT ERIC MAX, who is a representative of the
(FBI) and a Member of the COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE,
presently in Kenya.And I contacted him and he explained everything to me.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment This was paid to me successfully.Right now I am the happiest woman on earth because I have finally received my compensation funds of( US$2.5Million) Hence, AGENT ERIC MAX, showed me the full Information of Those that are yet to receive their compensation
funds and I saw your name as one of the scam victims and one of the
US$3.5Million Beneficiaries that is why I decided to email you to know if
you have Received yours, and to advise you to stop dealing with those
people,they are not with your funds, they are only making money out
of you.I will advise you to contact AGENT ERIC MAX, You have to contact him Directly on this information below to know if he can help
you too. FBI COMPENSATION AWARD AGENT
Name: AGENT ERIC MAX
Email: ericmax@swissmail.com
Phone: +254712371049

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you Andtelling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with Them,
they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until You
have nothing left. The only Money I paid after I met AGENT ERIC MAX was just $1,500. for the Ownership Paper Works, Take note of that because that was only money I Paid.Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact

AGENT ERIC MAX so that he can help you to deliver your fund instead
of dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for
different kind of money to Complete your transaction.

Thank You and Be Blessed.
Mrs Elizabeth Gale.

And the headline was about someone called Hazard, who seems to have gone walkabout.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #34 on: 13 March, 2016, 10:03:21 am »
Subject: winner's list
Reply to: markzuckerberg924@yahoo.com

Hello
This is the CEO/ Founder of Facebook
Mr Mark Zuckerberg We remember your User on Facebook. We wold like you to contact  the clamming agent right now so that you can be able to know if your name is on the  winner's list Search (Agent sarah smith) and Message her. Tell her you want to know if your name
is on the winner's list

No links.  No attachments.  No discernible purpose ::-)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #35 on: 19 March, 2016, 12:04:18 pm »
.... sent a real letter.

inviting me to "comply with current legislation" and fill in the enclosed direct debit mandate, which was actually a standing order mandate.

The return address on the envelope is
FAO Tony
Colmore Plaza
20 Colmore Circus
Queensway
Birmingham
B4 6AT

I've checked who is at that address, and there are 148 companies registered there, so either Tony is being careless, or is trying to hide his identity.

The beneficiary bank account is at Cash Plus in London, but I guess that the scammers could scan and reprint anything I on the mandate.

The letter has a franked envelope, and a franked return envelope, so their returns must be good to risk over £1 on a scam.

Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

« Reply #36 on: 20 March, 2016, 12:34:49 am »
.... sent a real letter.
[...]
The letter has a franked envelope, and a franked return envelope, so their returns must be good to risk over £1 on a scam.

Tape it round a brick?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #37 on: 20 March, 2016, 02:01:11 am »
Or a clutch. I know one mail order company once received a clutch through their return postage system. It dud get the problem resolved quite quickly.
It is simpler than it looks.

Steph

« Reply #38 on: 11 April, 2016, 07:53:03 pm »
Attention
This is Mr Anderson King director of DHL company, i want to inform you that there is package brought to this office to ship it to your address and the package value the sum of $11.8MUSD. In order to receive your items through DHL company, you are required to confirm your full delivery information, such as, your full name,home address,nearest airport and ph number.

In service with DHL company
Mr Anderson King

Steph

« Reply #39 on: 12 June, 2016, 09:31:00 am »
"UNGODLY ACT", and all in caps.

ATTENTION. BENEFICIARY

PLEASE WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR ALL THE PROBLEM THAT YOU HAVE PASSED THROUGH
BECAUSE OF THIS YOUR BELONG PAYMENT OF WHICH YOU FAILED TILL NOW, FIRST OF ALL,
I WANT TO INTRODUCE MY SELF TO YOU, MY NAME IS KEVIN NEWMAN, I AM THE NEW
ELECTED DIRECTOR GENERAL OF WESTERN UNION OFFICE BENIN REPUBLIC I HAVE BEEN
CHOSEN LAST WEEK. I AM WRITING THIS MAIL WITH DEEP SORROW, I SAW YOUR NAME ON
OUR FILE YESTERDAY THROUGH MY SEARCHING AS THE ONE OF THE MOST BENEFICIARY
WHICH DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR FUND VALUED ($4.7 MILLIONS UNITED STATES DOLLARS)
WHICH SUPPOSES TO BE TRANSFERRING AT THE RATE OF $5,000.00 PER DAY DURING
FORMER MANAGER REGIME.

THE REASON I AM EMAILING YOU TODAY IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE FORMER WESTERN
UNION MANAGER HAS BEEN SACKED OUT SINCE LAST WEEK DUE TO HIS ILLEGAL WORK
UNGODLY ACT, I AM HERE TO INFORM YOU THAT THE ONLY THING THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO
RECEIVE YOUR FUND IS BY TRUSTING ME AND FOLLOW MY DIRECTION, YOU SENT ALLOT OF
MONEY TO HIM IN ORDER TO GET YOUR FUND WHICH LATER FAILS. THEREFORE I AM TO
TELL YOU THAT THE REASON YOU DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR FUND IS BECAUSE YOU DID NOT
FOLLOW THE DIRECT WAY TO GET YOUR FUND BUT TO EXTORTING MONEY FROM YOU IN
VARIOUS QUARTERS. DUE TO THE FORMER MANAGER'S ATTITUDE WE THEREFORE RESOLVE TO
SACKED HIM OUT SINCE HE DIDN'T KEEP OUR INSTRUCTION,

SO NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED TO PAY YOU BECAUSE ALL OUR INVESTIGATED CONFIRMED THAT
YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON TO RECEIVE THIS FUND NOTE WE HAVE TWO OPTION TO PAY
YOU AND YOU THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE OPTION (1) 0UR WESTERN UNION GOLD CARD
WHICH YOU WILL WITHDRAW DAILY $4000.00 OPTION (2) RECEIVE DAILY CASH $5,000.00
TILL THE TOTAL PAYMENT COMPLETED. THERE IS ONE CERTIFICATE CALLED (FUND RELEASE
ORDER CERTIFICATES) WHICH YOU SUPPOSE TO OBTAIN FROM FEDERAL HIGH COURT
SERVICES WHICH WILL NOTICED THAT YOU ARE NOT A BENIN CITIZEN BUT YOU DID NOT
HAVE IT AND THAT IS ONLY WHAT YOU NEEDED NOW.

ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTION PASSED TO THIS WESTERN UNION DEPARTMENT FROM THE
OFFICE OF THE (FEDERAL HIGH COURT SERVICES) THIS WILL DULY GUARANTEE AND COVER
THE MONEY AS BEING LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRED FROM THE BENIN GOVERNMENT. SO I WANT
YOU TO KNOW THAT YOUR FUND OF ($4.7 MILLIONS USD) IS STILL WITH THE FEDERAL
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT BUT IT WILL RELEASE IMMEDIATELY TO THIS WESTERN UNION OFFICE
AS SOON AS YOU OBTAIN THE (FUND RELEASE ORDER CERTIFICATES)

ACCORDING TO OUR MESSENGER WHICH WENT TO THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT SERVICES OFFICE
BENIN REPUBLIC FOR THE RELEASE ORDER CERTIFICATES HE TOLD US THAT IT WILL COST
YOU THE SUM OF $100.00 ONLY FOR THE OBTAIN OF IT, SO HE TOLD US THAT THEY WILL
ISSUE IT WITHIN ONE DAY IF THE FEE WILL BE PAID. SO RECONFIRM US YOUR FULL
ADDRESS WITH THE OPTION EITHER YOU WANT IT GOLD CARD OR DAILY PER OK I WILL BE
AWAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY WITH THE PAYMENT INFORMATION TO OBTAIN
THE FUND RELEASE ORDER CERTIFICATES,

RECEIVER NAME :.............EKANE ANYA
LOCATION CITY:.............COTONOU
QUESTION:..................WHEN
ANSWER:..................NOW
AMOUNT:...............US$100.00
MTCN:.........?

I AM HERE GIVING YOUR GUARANTEE AND ALSO 100 % PERCENT ASSURANCE THAT THIS IS
THE ONLY MONEY YOU WILL PAY AND AFTER YOU PAY IT YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FUND
IMMEDIATELY. I WILL BE WAITING RIGHT TO HAVE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION IN ORDER
TO ENABLE US OBTAIN THIS NEEDED CERTIFICATE SOON. EMAIL THE WESTERN UNION FOR
CONTACT ( uwestern650@yahoo.com )

REGARDS,
MR. KEVIN NEWMAN
Tel +229 98486013
WESTERN UNION SENIOR MANAGER

Steph

« Reply #40 on: 30 September, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »
This one is quite good, from the anatomical peculiarity to the erroneous assumption that I have a problem with TEH GAYZ. And while it goes on about Italy, it's from 'Nam.

Dearest One,
May the peace of the Lord be with you and your Family. My Name is Vincenzo Giorgetti, I am from Italy, I am an engineer and i have worked with so many construction firms across the globe. My last appointment was with Abbes Construction Public Co. Ltd.Thailand under engineering project/contract awarding section.
I am so impressed to meet you and have you as a friend. My heart longs for some one that I  can trust with a charity work with some funds which i am going to WILL to your favor for this Godly work. I have been Diagnosed with  Esophageal Cancer of the Lungs. Esophageal cancer is a cancerous (malignant) tumor of the esophagus. This is the tube that moves food from the mouth to the stomach.According to my Doctor I will die any moment. we  discovered this illness very late, due to my laxity in carrying for my health. It has defiled all forms of medicine, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.
I was hit with this ailment on coming back from ASIA to UK on 10th December,2014. Before this ailment, i have an account with a bank in Thailand worth $5.5million USD DOLLARS which i am prepared to WILL to you for the proposed charity work because i do not have a relation as  I was brought up as an orphan and was married to my late wife for twenty years without a child.
I am not afraid hence i know where I am going.I know that i will die and according to Exodus14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my course and I shall hold my peace. Therefore I need a God fearing person  be you a christian or a good muslim that will use this fund to help motherless Babies, orphans, charity organization and less privileges ones, and use it judiciously.
I am repented Christian now and God has put it in my mind to give out the rest of my Money to Charity, I don't trust all the Monks here in UK after the Gay scandal and i have no close relation because i lost my wife in a Plane Crash in Sebreneska Eastern Europe in 1985 ever since then I have remain single just me and my business until I was hit with this Ailment of Esophageal Cancer.

I want you to Distribute these Funds to people that need it. I am 70yrs old, God has really Blessed me with fortunes.
As soon as I receive your reply indicating your interest to help, I will inform you on how the funds will be transferred to you and i want you to always pray for me because I don't have many days to live on this earth. so i will advice you forward your response to my personal email address for easy response

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #41 on: 30 September, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »
Over the last 3 or 4 days I've had probably 300 emails addressed to random characters or words before the  @<mydomain> (I have about 6 domains where they're doing this)   e.g.  uucp@domain  or  root@domain

All the messages have something like   "[Cured]Receipt 35-870076"   in the Subject line and are one of the following:  a) We tried to deliver a parcel today   b) Your debit card has been blocked   c) NN has asked me to send you a copy of our invoice  d) £nn has been deposited in your account today    - and they then all ask me to open an attachment (most of which are .txt files)

What is odd is that they all have the word [Cured] in the subject line??

I've been noting the before the @ text and adding them to the forwarding tool at my host's mail system to reject anything to that address at the domain.

It'll probably stop in a day or two - but it's annoying as some of the [Cured] stuff is coming to genuine email addresses we use.

Why - what's happening?

Rob

« Reply #42 on: 30 September, 2016, 08:48:53 pm »
It'll probably stop in a day or two - but it's annoying as some of the [Cured] stuff is coming to genuine email addresses we use.

Inbox rule in the meantime ?

robgul

« Reply #43 on: 30 September, 2016, 09:00:19 pm »

Inbox rule in the meantime ?

Yep - done that for [Cured]  - just shoots 'em into the Predictive Spam folder (using Time & Chaos Intellect mail client) - although I'm also trapping some manually at the BT server and marking them as Phishing before they get to my email client.

Rob

« Reply #44 on: 01 October, 2016, 08:18:40 am »

I've had a load of those, but instead of an attachment they had e.g.
DHL Express ServiceFile "DHL_parcel_b078d8354.zip", size 10444 was deleted by Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server
Anti-Virus status: Suspicious
Threats found: HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic

I don't run Kaspersky, and neither does my ISP. Is it possible they are sending their spam via a compromised mail server, but have failed to turn off the virus filter?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

robgul

« Reply #45 on: 01 October, 2016, 08:22:37 am »

I've had a load of those, but instead of an attachment they had e.g.
DHL Express ServiceFile "DHL_parcel_b078d8354.zip", size 10444 was deleted by Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server
Anti-Virus status: Suspicious
Threats found: HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic

I don't run Kaspersky, and neither does my ISP. Is it possible they are sending their spam via a compromised mail server, but have failed to turn off the virus filter?

Quite a few of my messages were DHL parcel delivery attempts - but with an attachment, not the Kaspersky text.

Looking at the "reject email" report at my ISP for the last 12 hours (with loads of manually set rules on the pre @ text) there have been about 70 messages - all "Cured" - at least they didn't arrive here!

Rob

« Reply #46 on: 01 October, 2016, 10:41:34 am »
The emails with zipped attachments have been going for some time in various forms:  here is your invoice; please check your payment; failed to deliver parcel; etc.  Gmail is good at catching them.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #47 on: 01 October, 2016, 10:47:16 am »
i have no close relation because i lost my wife in a Plane Crash in Sebreneska Eastern Europe in 1985 ever since then I have remain single...God has really Blessed me with fortunes.
;D
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Steph

« Reply #48 on: 02 October, 2016, 08:53:41 am »
The heights have finally been reached!

From Mrs. Michelle Obama
The White House
(Official Residence of the President of the US)
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20500 USA

How are you today? This is last you will ever hear from me and you fail to
comply.

I am Mrs. Michelle Obama and I am written to inform you about your Bank
Cheque Draft brought by the United Embassy from the government of Benin
Republic in the white house Washington DC which contains the sum of
$20.000.000 millions us dollars credited from the bank of America, the
delivery of your funds has been mandated to be deliver to your address  as
soon as you get back to me with your home address and your cell phone
number.

Bear in mind that I have taking my time to be in charge of your funds as
instructed by my husband to ensure that you received your funds
successfully from the white house to reduce the economy and I’m the only
one that has your funds in regard to my husband Mr. Barack Hussein Obama
II and you will have to pay the sum of $95.00 only before your Bank Cheque
Draft will deliver to you on Friday, the reason why the fee is required is
to have your funds clearance  paper from the origin of the funds to avoid
any harassment from the authority and you are also expecting to be
announce as winner of the said amount by Friday as soon as your fund is
delivered to you.

So you are urgent advised to get back to me with your home address and
also the payment information today for immediate effect of your delivery.
Note that the $95 is the only fee and final payment you have my assurance.

However, according to our agreement with the originated Benin Republic,
all our communications should be on email for record purpose so follow my
instruction accordingly, even if you don’t have the $95 try to borrow it
and send it immediately today because this is your life opportunity and I
don’t want you to lose the chance any more.

Please I will advice you to urgent make the payment this morning via
western union  money transfer to the listed cashier information as
instructed you by the originated authority. I will look forward to
received your email today with the payment to enable the origin secure the
required clearance papers required at White House Benin to deliver your
funds. Note that it will take only 14hrs to deliver your Bank Cheque Draft
in receipt of the $95 payment.

Please find the payment data below to send the $95 via western union.

Receiver Name:     DAN BONIFAE
City:               COTONOU
Question:         Urgent
Answer:            Needed
Amount:         $95.00
MTCN reference number............
Sender Name...........
Sender's Telephone……
Sender's Address........

I look forward to your respond to your email with the payment today.

Regards

Mrs. Michelle Obama
The White House
(Official Residence of the President of the US)
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20500 USA

« Reply #49 on: 02 October, 2016, 03:08:17 pm »
even if you don’t have the $95 try to borrow it

What a thoughtful touch.