Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Didcot
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 07:22:40 pm »
There's still a plume from the gas-fired power station visible from 10-15 miles away
What’s the universities pre-internet got to do with it?

My s-in-l hails from Kent and has explained this to me, but I’ve forgotten. BEER might have been involved.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 07:21:10 pm »
A Lonely Crowd ~ Biffy Clyro
Audax / Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Today at 07:20:34 pm »
well I'm in that london for an exam the thursday before, and when I looked at the calendar I thought, aye why not it's "just along the road"...
then realized that it's on waiting list and that I'd end up in Glasgow on a Sunday on the way back, and there's no trains in Scotland on Sundays just now.
Next year maybe.

There are a few perms not far from London if you are looking to get a ride in on the Friday before returning.   There’s also the London Sightseer , though not available as a perm. Someone might be able to provide a route.

I thought about it, then decided that travelling with a bike is a level of faff I can't be arsed with when I've got a very late arrival the night before the exam.
Also considered doing it a week earlier and catching Salt and Cotswolds on the way back up but then I realized it clashed with something I already had on, that's another one I'm thinking I wouldn't mind travelling down specifically to do.
OT Knowledge / Re: DIY Eurocylinder key/key to key/thumb turn replacement
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 07:15:01 pm »
Also, when you measure the hole length for the new lock try and have a s little protruding on the outside edge as possible. If there’s nothing sticking out there’s nothing to get hold of to snap it.
OT Knowledge / Re: Home energy saving tips /ideas...
« Last post by Kim on Today at 07:12:03 pm »
Condensing dryers are extremely slow when you are unaware how a condensing dryer works, didn't read the destructions, and leave the condensate tray to fill up to the point where the float switch cuts power to the elements.

(This is particularly annoying when none of this gets passed on to The Person With The Multimeter, who tips the lot all over their knees when attempting to find the fault.)
The Pub / Re: Didcot
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 07:10:52 pm »
I saw the Oxfordshire Plain today, for the first time without the Didcot Power Station.

It was weird.
...and Kentish MAN is a JANET thing.
The most likely thing to complicate the process is differences in lock barrel profile, a lot of the newer ones with 3 star security ratings have a lump sticking out the side, you'll probably have to adjust the shape of the hole in your door to allow for that, just needs a file and an extra supply of swear words.
OT Knowledge / Re: DIY Eurocylinder key/key to key/thumb turn replacement
« Last post by Kim on Today at 07:01:06 pm »
It's a bit like building wheels, in that the hardest part is measuring things and ordering the right ones.  Don't assume the lock is symmetrical.

TS007 three-star is what you want for resisting cylinder-snapping attacks.

If it's a thumb-turn one, you'll probably need to unscrew the handle from the door to pass it through.

(Also, barakta would point out that knurled knobs are a work of Stan, and you want something with at least a bit of shape to it.  I replaced the one on our front door with one of these, and she also likes the easily-identified grippy keys.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10