Author Topic: New tricon gr has arrived  (Read 1942 times)

New tricon gr has arrived
« on: 21 February, 2022, 08:21:34 pm »
Arrived in a big box this morning and Windsor cycle company built it up for me this afternoon  :) .I rode it home from Windsor and it seems faster than the trice when it was non e assist. I will get lights and a smaller chainset fitted tomorrow and take some better pictures  :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvzTFDsMrNDSc3MF8
the slower you go the more you see

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: New tricon gr has arrived
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2022, 08:24:03 pm »
Looks very nice.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2022, 08:31:24 pm »
Shiny!

« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2022, 08:40:34 pm »
Extra shiny  :thumbsup:
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2022, 09:09:56 pm »
Anything fallen off yet?   :demon:   ;)

For those not you who have not enjoyed the pleasure of Cycleman's company on a ride, it is definitely an in joke.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #5 on: 21 February, 2022, 09:28:55 pm »
Any bridges on the way home?  I gather those are particularly dangerous
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #6 on: 21 February, 2022, 09:55:33 pm »
Very nice

« Reply #7 on: 22 February, 2022, 07:46:37 am »
No pb,nothing has fallen off yet and I'm still putting things on. Early days though  ;)
And no narrow bridges   ;D on the homeward route. It has a wider track than the trice adventure and I have to lift it onto its side to get it into the house. The ride is definitely worth the effort. I just off to put a few miles in before the cycle shop opens and then the finishing touches will be done. More pictures later

« Reply #8 on: 22 February, 2022, 08:44:24 am »
Looking at your pictures, it would appear that you haven't gone for electric assist, and, in the last photo you seem to have dropped your Jaffa cakes!  😉  😋

Just been having a read on their website.  Looks like a very capable machine.  I hope that you enjoy thousands of happy miles with it.

« Reply #9 on: 22 February, 2022, 08:02:13 pm »
No e assist on the tricon gr. I have bearing wear on the motor and I can't get replacement bearings. Also 1 of the batteries failed and the range on the other seems to :) be  dropping.I plan to run the e assist on the trice till it dies and go back to none e assist. I have now had the smaller chainset fitted and and  front light bracket and new 1100 front light. I have also fitted a old battery laser 3 rear light..the GPS is fitted and on the ride back from the cycle shop I managed a comfortable moving average speed of 8.1mph.I fitted the spd pedals on this evening so I may be able to improve the the moving average. I looking forward to putting a proper day ride in.
As for the jaffa cakes, they didn't last  .I have put 1 aside for you pb. I will give it to you when we next meet camping somewhere  ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bNJrKuGncU7aASv7A

« Reply #10 on: 13 March, 2022, 10:50:35 am »
Anything fallen off yet?   :demon:   ;)

For those not you who have not enjoyed the pleasure of Cycleman's company on a ride, it is definitely an in joke.

Naughty! :)
Never knowingly under caffeinated