Author Topic: A random thread for small computing things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 179849 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
I had that when I copied our music onto a USB SSD from a PC attached spinny rust drive. It took a looooong time. I won't bore you with the details why it ended up being done over the Devil's radio.

Kim

• Timelord
Funny how when you have to move large amounts of data by Devil's Radio, it always seems to involve the machine with the WiFi stack that insists on doing obstructive things like stubbornly clinging to the 2.4GHz band or poorly-timed aggressive power manglement.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Beardy

• What’s this do?
  • I’ve always wondered where this was
Funny how when you have to move large amounts of data by Devil's Radio, it always seems to involve the machine with the WiFi stack that insists on doing obstructive things like stubbornly clinging to the 2.4GHz band or poorly-timed aggressive power manglement.
it wouldn’t be the Devil’s Radio if it didn’t have these difficult to manage little quirks.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Kim

• Timelord
My fondleslab is capable of transferring hundreds of megabits over the Devil's Radio in a robust and predictable manner.  Being a fondleslab, I think I've made use of this feature exactly once.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Beardy

• What’s this do?
  • I’ve always wondered where this was
Capability should be inversely proportional to like requirement. It’s written into the roolz
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary

My lapdancer does have a wired connection but it's still sl-o-o-o-o-w.  Doubly so when it's doing a full backup and downloading a year’s worth of Windows updates at the same time.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime