Author Topic: Delivery services  (Read 770 times)

Delivery services
« on: 03 November, 2023, 01:11:14 pm »
I need to send a largish About 1600x600x25mm, but lightweight board to somone near Manchester (Carbon fibre honeycomb material for aBHPC member)
Anybody know of a courier company that would take such a parcel?
It's above the max size of most companies that say what size they take, other than ones set up for business. parcelforce do, but are £31.90

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Re: Delivery services
« Reply #1 on: 03 November, 2023, 02:18:08 pm »
UPS? 
I've sent 2000 x 300 x 300 items with their XL service, though that was on a business account.  Can't remember the cost, plus the account rate is half the domestic, the PF price you have doesn't look out of order.  Even for a business, anything longer than the 1200 of a pallet gets expensive.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2 on: 03 November, 2023, 02:40:37 pm »
Try one of the bulk re-sellers of courier services, eg Parcel2Go, P4D etc.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #3 on: 03 November, 2023, 02:49:33 pm »
Try one of the bulk re-sellers of courier services, eg Parcel2Go, P4D etc.

Parcel2big2go... waiting for other one.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4 on: 03 November, 2023, 07:39:48 pm »
Try Senditnow (which is actually Parcelforce) - they have just 2 options : will it go in a hatchback car OR will it go in a van   
I've used them quite often for furniture deliveries and found them reasonably priced and very efficient.

« Reply #5 on: 03 November, 2023, 07:58:52 pm »
Paisley Freight can take bigger stuff. Though maybe not as cheap as you want.

Or try Shiply? It is like a marketplace, so courier services can bid for your job.

« Reply #6 on: 04 November, 2023, 06:46:54 am »
Try Senditnow (which is actually Parcelforce) - they have just 2 options : will it go in a hatchback car OR will it go in a van   
I've used them quite often for furniture deliveries and found them reasonably priced and very efficient.

Seconded. Any time I've used them they've been about half the price of booking 9Parcelforce directly.