Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596514 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2225 on: 27 September, 2012, 09:46:28 pm »
topcat1 isn't slow. ;)
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2226 on: 27 September, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »
Yesterday, I inexplicably caught up with Origamist at Stockwell.  Because of a lot of red lights, I was nearby till about Clapham Common, when he got away.

Today, I was spotted in Tooting by Gaz, the famous helmetcam cyclist.

And today, Gaz spotted me (and left me standing) near IKEA on the Purley Way, and saw me again (though I didn't see him) at Purley Cross.
Getting there...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2227 on: 27 September, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »

Today, I was spotted in Tooting by Gaz, the famous helmetcam cyclist.

And today, Gaz spotted me (and left me standing) near IKEA on the Purley Way, and saw me again (though I didn't see him) at Purley Cross.

Yeah, I was spotted by loads of people today.  They were walking, on buses, in cars, colleagues at work etc etc

The Cadbury Umpa-Lumpas spotted me in the Country Girl.
 ;)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #2228 on: 28 September, 2012, 07:40:27 am »
Having chatted to a cyclist on the Old Kent Road last night about LEL (prompted by his distinctive jersey) and how he's not riding it next year but running a control, it occurred to me that he might be a parishioner here.  Either way, it was good to chat and to hear that these rides are not impossible!

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2229 on: 28 September, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »
Having chatted to a cyclist on the Old Kent Road last night about LEL (prompted by his distinctive jersey) and how he's not riding it next year but running a control, it occurred to me that he might be a parishioner here.  Either way, it was good to chat and to hear that these rides are not impossible!

'twas I. Very nice to meet you Paul and I hope you didn't get too much wetter on the rest of the ride.

LEL is a great ride and well worth trying for. But, so as not to put off any potenial participants, I should stress that I'm helping at the control rather than running it.  I'll be practising 101 interesting things to do with pasta between now and then!
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #2230 on: 30 September, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »
On my way to the 'uts in Essex to do an off road event with bobb and I spied a tandem trike in a layby.
"Ah, wierdos!" I think to myself. "I wonder if it's anyone I know?"
I slowed down and spied a Willesden cap on the head of the pilot. Someone wearing a Willesden cap on a tandem trike makes it more likely to be someone I know. I could tell it wasn't Assasin. Not quite big enough.

It was fboab and Jes who had just ridden a 30 mile TT and set a ladies tandem trike record. :D

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #2231 on: 04 October, 2012, 05:26:12 pm »

Exiting the Barbican tunnel, in the direction of Barbican Tube.

I spotted a fixed, with Carradice and noticed the rider in a yacf KOTM Top of Awesomeness. I tried calling out, but only managed to cough and splutter, so instead snapped a photo whilst falling over a kerb.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2232 on: 04 October, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »
Wowbagger, in my lounge
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2233 on: 04 October, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »
^^Is that Russell (Darkpoint) on his witcomb?

« Reply #2234 on: 04 October, 2012, 05:58:38 pm »
^ Good call.

Jet black fixie: check
Red trimmings: check
Long hair: check
Blue (Dulwich Paragon?) shorts: check

I think we may have a winner  :D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2235 on: 04 October, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »
Fits the profile.  Nice chap.
Getting there...

Jacomus

« Reply #2236 on: 05 October, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »
Fits the profile.  Nice chap.

+1

Top chap.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2237 on: 05 October, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »
Boabacca & Chris S  in my lounge.
We have been taste-testing cake

« Reply #2238 on: 07 October, 2012, 07:20:21 pm »
Amongst many (many) at Gerry's Autumn Brevet, a rare sighting of theoldguy. Good to see you again :)

Jacomus

« Reply #2239 on: 08 October, 2012, 11:41:45 am »
A Jurek, spotted Saturday lunchtime whizzing round the end of Smithfield Market.

« Reply #2240 on: 08 October, 2012, 11:50:28 am »
A Jurek, spotted Saturday lunchtime whizzing round the end of Smithfield Market.

Methinks not. Saturday lunchtime I was making my way back from Whitstable.....  :)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2241 on: 08 October, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »
I thought I spotted Charlotte today, but I quickly deduced I was wrong.  Why?  I think it highly unlike one would find Charlotte pootling around the Isle of Dogs on a full-suspension BSO at 08:00 on a Monday morning.  But the cyclist really did look like Charlotte.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #2242 on: 08 October, 2012, 05:45:53 pm »
Hello to the chap in the old skool grey acf shorts getting his nice Condor bike off the train at Stroud on Saturday morning, as I was getting on (to go to work unf.) Hope you had a good ride, sorry didn't have time to check your name (or if you are even on yacf!)

« Reply #2243 on: 08 October, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »
That was Jo.

At the end of the platform was another similarly attired Plug, about to depart on the Flatusian.

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #2244 on: 08 October, 2012, 05:49:46 pm »
Thought it looked a bit like him! But we'd not met before.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2245 on: 08 October, 2012, 05:55:49 pm »
I just spotted Folkdevil in the Forumite Spotting thread! :D
Getting there...

« Reply #2246 on: 09 October, 2012, 09:42:43 am »
Speshact on Lambeth bridge watching the traffic intently and making notes. I hope I didn't distract you too much from what you were doing by shouting at you!

Jacomus

« Reply #2247 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:13:18 pm »

Methinks not. Saturday lunchtime I was making my way back from Whitstable.....  :)

In that case, you have a twin!

« Reply #2248 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:28:53 pm »
Was anyone on the Santini Cotswold Autumn Sportif on Sunday? I was going the other way near Coln St Aldwyns. You might have been among the very many who gave a friendly greeting, so thanks!

« Reply #2249 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:40:20 pm »

In that case, you have a twin!

Or a split personality  :) :P