Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595170 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2950 on: 09 June, 2014, 03:42:59 pm »
Not guilty.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2951 on: 09 June, 2014, 03:52:35 pm »
Interesting. I wonder who that was?

bloomers - got some more details?  Rider and bike description?

« Reply #2952 on: 09 June, 2014, 03:54:13 pm »
Actually, I did ride through Gt Waltham, but on Saturday. I was wearing a yacf jersey, but a white one. That doesn't help much though does it  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2953 on: 09 June, 2014, 03:55:04 pm »
Actually, I did ride through Gt Waltham, but on Saturday. I was wearing a yacf jersey, but a white one. That doesn't help much though does it  :P

::-)

« Reply #2954 on: 09 June, 2014, 04:02:36 pm »
Who was the FNRttC jersey wearer on Streat Lane on Sunday morning at about 11.30 ?
Rust never sleeps

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2955 on: 09 June, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »
Black YACF shirt through Great Waltham, Essex, yesterday morning, not someone I recognise, who are you?

It was rr.  Very nice chap, lives in Witham just around the corner from Oaky.  Been out with us a couple of times recently.  Goes downhill like shit off a shovel!

rr

« Reply #2956 on: 09 June, 2014, 04:08:33 pm »
Black YACF shirt through Great Waltham, Essex, yesterday morning, not someone I recognise, who are you?

It was me exploring rides from my new city home. First outing for the shorts and short sleeves this year.

rr

« Reply #2957 on: 09 June, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »

It was rr.  Very nice chap, lives in Witham just around the corner from Oaky.  Been out with us a couple of times recently.  Goes downhill like shit off a shovel!

Beat 80 kmh in the peak last week. On mountain bike on knobblies in the rain

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2958 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:38:59 pm »
AUK jersey riding up Marton Road into Middlesbrough at 5pm today.  Anyone here?

« Reply #2959 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:44:50 pm »
Not me, but I was the Auk jersey, riding through Clifton on Sunday, accidentally extending a DIY 300.  Didn't see you, G!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2960 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »
That's cos I live on the other side of York!  Also because I was elsewhere on Sunday, busy getting mistaken for someone from the Clifton that is in Bristol.

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #2961 on: 11 June, 2014, 08:12:57 pm »
Jurek in Mr Waitrose Emporium of Superior Foodage (Greenwich branch)(Pizza section)(not on a bicycle at the time).

« Reply #2962 on: 11 June, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »
Jurek in Mr Waitrose Emporium of Superior Foodage (Greenwich branch)(Pizza section)(not on a bicycle at the time).
Mine was locked up (Sarf Lunnun, innit?) outside - Where was your's ?  :p
As an aside.... Waitrose Greenwich cycle parking facility is good, but seriously undernourished in terms of quantity onna fair-weather day.
I reckon if they doubled it, on a sunny day it'd still fill to capacity.
I sense an email to Waitrose is brewing....

I'd also like to point out I was neither browsing or buying pizza.

Thank you.

« Reply #2963 on: 12 June, 2014, 12:01:25 am »
That's cos I live on the other side of York!  Also because I was elsewhere on Sunday, busy getting mistaken for someone from the Clifton that is in Bristol.

Thanks to navigation problems and well-intentioned inaccurate help from a "local", I did most of York on Sunday!

« Reply #2964 on: 12 June, 2014, 09:37:26 am »
I had the pleasure of meeting Pickled Onion last night as we both exited the offices of our employment and realised that there where other forumites in the building.

There was pleasant conversation as we both unfurled our Bromptons.
Just someone's butler

« Reply #2965 on: 12 June, 2014, 12:10:26 pm »
Very nice to meet you darkpoint!

It was a surprise to see a YACF jersey in the foyer - perhaps there should be a mudguard sticker or something for forumites cycling in civvies.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2966 on: 12 June, 2014, 03:08:31 pm »
It was a surprise to see a YACF jersey in the foyer - perhaps there should be a mudguard sticker or something for forumites cycling in civvies.

Someone did a run of badges (Carradice, for the pinning to) a while ago...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2967 on: 14 June, 2014, 08:54:26 pm »
Last night, at the Bikes & Bloomers event, we saw Charlotte doing photo duties, and Nikki on a flying visit to that London from her time travelling tardis bathroom.  And Itsbruce, who we saw again today for a most excellent pootle around West London.
Getting there...

« Reply #2968 on: 14 June, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »
I should have brought the time travelling tardis bathroom with me - missed my train home by about 2 minutes. (BN)

The nice man at the ticket office swapped my ticket over for a different service though, at no extra cost, so I only had to wait half an hour before I was on my way again. (GN)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2969 on: 14 June, 2014, 11:01:20 pm »
Boo!

Yay!
Getting there...

« Reply #2970 on: 15 June, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »
I *think* I saw Wowbagger on a tandem near Freeland, north of Eynsham in Oxfordshire.  If I did - hello again!  I was riding a blue Bob Jackson with a red, white and light blue "St. Raphael" jersey on - riding in the opposite direction.

We met a few years ago but today I was wearing full stealth wrap around sunglasses and helmet so I doubt you recognised me.

If it wasn't you - you have a doppelgänger who also enjoys riding tandems!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2971 on: 15 June, 2014, 08:19:52 pm »
Fungus, camouflaged in a group of Tamworth CC cyclists, as I came round a fastish corner on today's audax and discovered a group of Tamworth CC cyclists standing in the road (one of them had failed to stay on the correct side of the edge of the tarmac, it seems).  A remark of "I've seen her around before" from an unknown random the opposite verge ensured I was looking the wrong way when the should of "Hello Kim!" came, but he emerged for a chat when I stopped.  (We were riding the same route in opposite directions.)

Also I was spotted by David Cox (of CTC fame) as a group on the 160 passed me on the endless slog up to Wythall, and another unidentified man on a bicycle with a helmet and some sort of garish jersey as our respective routes crossed.  If anyone fitting that description wants to claim it...   ;D

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #2972 on: 15 June, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »
Mine was locked up (Sarf Lunnun, innit?) outside - Where was your's ?  :p
As an aside.... Waitrose Greenwich cycle parking facility is good, but seriously undernourished in terms of quantity onna fair-weather day.
I reckon if they doubled it, on a sunny day it'd still fill to capacity.
I sense an email to Waitrose is brewing....

I'd also like to point out I was neither browsing or buying pizza.

Thank you.

Oops, forgot I'd posted this ;). The Ridgeback was locked up just outside (both wheels locked, next to a Thorn Sherpa and a brommie locked up in unison...)

I agree on the capacity... I had to use the trolley park a few times which I suspect won't be popular with the staff. It always surprises me that inner city supermarkets can get away with huge amounts of car parking and then skimp on the bike parking.

I did buy a pizza, it was lovely :).

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2973 on: 17 June, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »
Believe I did catch a fleeting glimpse of one Mr W.Weasel OTP travelling in a westerly direction along the river through Battersea Reach at about 7pm, while I was heading in the opposite direction using the route he had so kindly shared for my commute. It was a very fleeting glimpse though (we passed each other as we turned a corner) so I may be mistaken.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2974 on: 20 June, 2014, 01:39:48 pm »
That could well have been me!  Was wearing a pirate jersey.

Tonight is the last chance to spot me on that route, on a work commute that is.  I'm off work next week to pack up and move to Croydon.  I'm not doing this willingly as I'm going to miss my riverside route and riding through Richmond Park.