Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595148 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2975 on: 20 June, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »
Was wearing a pirate jersey.

Ah, forgot about that detail, but now you mention it... definitely was you. You were just coming round the corner one way as I was coming round the corner the other way, so it was but a fleeting glimpse, otherwise I'd have said hello.

Tonight is the last chance to spot me on that route, on a work commute that is.  I'm off work next week to pack up and move to Croydon.  I'm not doing this willingly as I'm going to miss my riverside route and riding through Richmond Park.

Shame. It is a lovely ride. I'm really enjoying my commute at the moment.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #2976 on: 20 June, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »
Vince, over a schnitzel''n'frites and a couple of beers, last night, in Den Haag (ish). Now on ferry on way home with the slowessssssssssszzzzzzzzz...t internet link in the western world.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #2977 on: 23 June, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »
Saw an orange YACF shirt (with a cyclist inside) yesterday approaching the Mangotsfield triangle part of the Bristol Bath railway path ... I was heading north toward Pucklechurch

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2978 on: 23 June, 2014, 04:06:44 pm »
On the A167  (NTR > Thirsk direction) on Friday evening, a LEL jersey, a carradice and a thousand yard stare.

Anyone we know?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2979 on: 24 June, 2014, 01:04:44 pm »
Purple YACF jersey heading north between Stockwell and Oval around 8am today.  Below the jersey was Brompton with a Carradice youknowwhat.  Sir, you were pogoing up and down on that machine like effin' Zebedee (no, not the OTNT one).  You get paid on Friday - treat yerself to a stiffer block!

« Reply #2980 on: 24 June, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »
Purple YACF jersey heading north between Stockwell and Oval around 8am today.  Below the jersey was Brompton with a Carradice youknowwhat.  Sir, you were pogoing up and down on that machine like effin' Zebedee (no, not the OTNT one).  You get paid on Friday - treat yerself to a stiffer block!

Thanks Chris,  That was me..   :-)
It is apparently the firm block, but I agree the ride is rather bouncy..  I need to get me some jubilee clips* to try and improve the ride / performance..

* and a telescopic seat post,  some roller blade wheels, new mud guards.. ...
Just someone's butler

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2981 on: 24 June, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »
I *think* I saw Wowbagger on a tandem near Freeland, north of Eynsham in Oxfordshire.  If I did - hello again!  I was riding a blue Bob Jackson with a red, white and light blue "St. Raphael" jersey on - riding in the opposite direction.

We met a few years ago but today I was wearing full stealth wrap around sunglasses and helmet so I doubt you recognised me.

If it wasn't you - you have a doppelgänger who also enjoys riding tandems!
Curiously, Mrs. Wow and I were indeed in Oxfordshire during the weekend in question, and we were on our tandem, but we didn't escape the city. The furthest we pottered was up to the B4495, crossed the Cherwell, into Marston and back to Oxford.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2982 on: 24 June, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »
I thought a purple jersey in those parts was likely to be you, darkpoint, but I've never seen you on a Brompton (at least, not that I recall).
Getting there...

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2983 on: 24 June, 2014, 03:52:32 pm »
Think I saw Iddu on Saturday in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire/Wiltshire area, can't remember exactly where  ::-)

« Reply #2984 on: 24 June, 2014, 04:06:09 pm »
I thought a purple jersey in those parts was likely to be you, darkpoint, but I've never seen you on a Brompton (at least, not that I recall).

The Brompton commute is a recent change,  I have a new shiny job :-) but I am 53rd on the wait list to use the underground carpark. :-(
Just someone's butler

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2985 on: 24 June, 2014, 06:20:34 pm »
I think something vaguely Deano-shaped went haring past me on Terry Avenue earlier - certainly I don't know of many other people who ride a 26"-wheeled fixed with mudguards and bendy bars.

No doubt this will be confirmed or denied when I see him later on.

(whilst I was aboard an orange bicycle and wearing an orange top, the top was obscured by my windproof jacket on account of it being a bit parky)

ETA: It was.

« Reply #2986 on: 24 June, 2014, 11:52:00 pm »
Just remembered to mention JenM from down Essex way, who we met at the campsite in Lochranza on the Isle of Arran last week.
Then we were on the same ferry crossing to the Mull of Kintyre, but whilst we turned left  after  disembarking  and headed for Campbeltown,JenM turned right and went towards Skipness and  thence onwards to  Oban.

« Reply #2987 on: 25 June, 2014, 09:40:45 am »
I *think* I saw Wowbagger on a tandem near Freeland, north of Eynsham in Oxfordshire.  If I did - hello again!  I was riding a blue Bob Jackson with a red, white and light blue "St. Raphael" jersey on - riding in the opposite direction.

We met a few years ago but today I was wearing full stealth wrap around sunglasses and helmet so I doubt you recognised me.

If it wasn't you - you have a doppelgänger who also enjoys riding tandems!
Curiously, Mrs. Wow and I were indeed in Oxfordshire during the weekend in question, and we were on our tandem, but we didn't escape the city. The furthest we pottered was up to the B4495, crossed the Cherwell, into Marston and back to Oxford.

Hmmm, very curious.  I was "pressing on" so didn't get a very good look, but there was certainly a chap with a very big beard riding a tandem!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2988 on: 25 June, 2014, 10:39:08 am »
We saw Wow and Mrs Wow's younger selves on the climb up to Col du Lautaret last week.  I was descending and had just exited a tunnel so didn't have chance to stop for a chat. 

Not only was Wow heavily bearded but heavily loaded with touring gear - as was Mrs Wow The Younger (loaded not bearded  ;D  ).  "Chapeau!" as they say in French France   :thumbsup:

PaulF

« Reply #2989 on: 25 June, 2014, 10:14:57 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a lonely hearts....

Someone from here perhaps?

This afternoon about 330 on Abingdon's "ring road"?

Dark framed bike, Carradice and mudflats.

« Reply #2990 on: 25 June, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »
I think something vaguely Deano-shaped went haring past me on Terry Avenue earlier - certainly I don't know of many other people who ride a 26"-wheeled fixed with mudguards and bendy bars.

No doubt this will be confirmed or denied when I see him later on.

(whilst I was aboard an orange bicycle and wearing an orange top, the top was obscured by my windproof jacket on account of it being a bit parky)

ETA: It was.

Yes, I was that mystery cyclist. I somehow missed you, interzen, which only goes to show that you should ride Pugsley more often. No one could miss you then.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2991 on: 26 June, 2014, 07:15:21 pm »
Was that nikki driving a CAR across the Tessal Lane/Bristol Road junction at about 4pm?  I didn't get a view of the numberplate.

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #2992 on: 26 June, 2014, 09:57:36 pm »
Saw an orange YACF shirt (with a cyclist inside) yesterday approaching the Mangotsfield triangle part of the Bristol Bath railway path ... I was heading north toward Pucklechurch

If it was Sunday 22/06 it was probably me - depending on the time, either heading to or returning from Bath for a loop through the Two Tunnels & the Dundas Aqueduct.
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #2993 on: 27 June, 2014, 12:37:37 am »
Think I saw Iddu on Saturday in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire/Wiltshire area, can't remember exactly where  ::-)
Well, twice, so take your pick - you were passing through Wantage, and then the Ashbury-Shrivenham road a few days later

Double-header, as saw Fab Foodie in Oxford Sat AM [ did you go back and buy it:) ]
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #2994 on: 29 June, 2014, 09:07:30 pm »
Two forumites this afternoon, cycling  from Ripon towards  Boroughbridge, male wearing red top and female wearing pink top (natch) .
As I was driving ,I was past too quickly and was in a hurry to get a job done before tea.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2995 on: 29 June, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »
Did their bikes match their YACF tops?

« Reply #2996 on: 30 June, 2014, 09:13:53 am »
I can't remember and I didn't really clock the bikes that they were on as I was travelling in the opposite direction.

CrinklyAuntie

• aka Auntie Cake and The Sheriff of Christmas
« Reply #2997 on: 30 June, 2014, 11:53:02 am »
I think it was CrinklyUncle and me, we were doing the Mother Shipton 100.

« Reply #2998 on: 30 June, 2014, 02:16:25 pm »
The lovely Gus, who stayed with us last night and set off today Malham-wards for a potter around the Dales before the Tour comes to town. Tilley has a new favourite beard to sniff. :)

PaulF

« Reply #2999 on: 30 June, 2014, 02:30:26 pm »
Well, twice, so take your pick - you were passing through Wantage, and then the Ashbury-Shrivenham road a few days later

Double-header, as saw Fab Foodie in Oxford Sat AM [ did you go back and buy it:) ]

Was on the Asbury Shrivenham road I think!