Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595105 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3025 on: 08 July, 2014, 09:24:53 am »
yup, we're talking about the same person.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3026 on: 08 July, 2014, 06:18:10 pm »
Got spotted by Kim as I passed her house on my silly commute of ever decreasing circles.  I don't always do that bit, it only adds a little to the overall mileage, and tbh, I've always thought that if K&B noticed me constantly passing by, they may think it a bit odd and wonder why.

I decided that it would be politic to not use my new greeting.   https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1629.msg1709964#msg1709964
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #3027 on: 08 July, 2014, 10:42:09 pm »
Met Iddu in the spectator hub at Hawes - apologies if I wasn't quite as polite as I might have been - the organisers of our trip, and the manufacturers of Yorkshire hills were conspiring to grind me down into a quivering wreck!
Pleasure.
Yerzz., so far Fleet Moss, Malham Tarn & various other "WHAT  %?" colleagues are having the same effect; mind you, my own fault for using the singlespeed  :)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3028 on: 09 July, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »
The former Ms Weasel & I live in bits of South London not too far separated and randomly also work in the same part of London (completely different employers) so have started occasional tandem commuting, so if you're riding the back roads between Croydon, Crystal Palace, Brixton and Southwark and see a be-pirate jerseyed tandem crew, that's probably us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3029 on: 09 July, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »
Cool.
Getting there...

« Reply #3030 on: 12 July, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »
A very familiar-looking cyclist about two hours ago in the Wharfe View tearoom at Burnsall, sitting inside on the left as you go in. Male, tall, slim. I can't for the life of me work out who it was. Anyone on here at Burnsall today? We had the dog with us and had just been for a gorgeous swim in the river up at Loup Scar.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3031 on: 12 July, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »
The bloke might have said hello if you were wearing a YACF cossie ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3032 on: 12 July, 2014, 10:27:23 pm »
A trio of Ellipti-GO riders proceeding in a south-easterly direction along the A5 - The Hyde/Edgware Road at 09.38 this morning, outside McDonalds on the junction of Colindeep Lane.
I think one was Idai...

I was a passenger in a minicab so could not do anything.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #3033 on: 14 July, 2014, 03:01:12 pm »
Rode home around midday to pick up something I'd forgotten to take with me in the morning.  Saw a Wascally Weasel lookalike turning South onto Battersea Bridge.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3034 on: 14 July, 2014, 06:57:16 pm »
I am reasonably sure it was Delthebike riding away from Paglesham this morning as I was driving Morphy to the sea wall for his 5 mile walk.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3035 on: 14 July, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »
I am reasonably sure it was Delthebike riding away from Paglesham this morning as I was driving Morphy to the sea wall for his 5 mile walk.
:thumbsup:

Ruth

« Reply #3036 on: 14 July, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »
Crusty, tonight, who bought my tea and collected some of his stuff.

It was nice to see him  :)

Also, free food!   :thumbsup:

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #3037 on: 16 July, 2014, 09:42:17 am »
By proxy: my daughter saw a green yacf shirt in Blackpot Lane, Oundle yesterday morning.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3038 on: 16 July, 2014, 09:56:09 am »
Rode home around midday to pick up something I'd forgotten to take with me in the morning.  Saw a Wascally Weasel lookalike turning South onto Battersea Bridge.

Sadly not me!  I’m no longer on that route, now that I live in the depths of the Southern Waste Croydon.  I was in Battersea Park on Sunday though.

« Reply #3039 on: 16 July, 2014, 10:22:52 am »
Who did I call out to on Monday evening? Just south of London bridge, north bound in an orange top.

I was in my Gillet whilst traversing from Fenchurch Street station to Waterloo.

« Reply #3040 on: 16 July, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
Who did I call out to on Monday evening? Just south of London bridge, north bound in an orange top.

'Twas oi moiself.

I did smile and wave in a rather uncertain fashion ;)

« Reply #3041 on: 16 July, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »

'Twas oi moiself.

Yes, well I was stopped at the lights and had time to see you, your concentration was perforce elsewhere on the road.

Good to put a name to the jersey!

« Reply #3042 on: 16 July, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »

'Twas oi moiself.

Yes, well I was stopped at the lights and had time to see you, your concentration was perforce elsewhere on the road.

Good to put a name to the somewhat stretched jersey!

ftfy ;)

« Reply #3043 on: 17 July, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »
There were a pair of YACF riders on the DunRun, but I didn't recognise you...sorry.

I also had a brief chat with Graham (Zipperhead) on Albert Bridge this morning - not seen him in ages.

« Reply #3044 on: 17 July, 2014, 01:54:56 pm »
By proxy: my daughter saw a green yacf shirt in Blackpot Lane, Oundle yesterday morning.

I take it you don't wear a yacf jersey yourself? Your name has been mentioned twice by random cyclists recently, not because of the yacf connection, but for being (and I quote) "another f'ing nutter who rides a steel framed fixed wheel bike". :D
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #3045 on: 18 July, 2014, 08:24:36 am »

I take it you don't wear a yacf jersey yourself? Your name has been mentioned twice by random cyclists recently, not because of the yacf connection, but for being (and I quote) "another f'ing nutter who rides a steel framed fixed wheel bike". :D

LOL, I also have a green one which is why she noticed you, thinking it may be me at first :-)

Surprised they didn't also mention my lack of helmet too ;-)

« Reply #3046 on: 18 July, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »
Actually, 'twas not me, I only wear a red or black yacf jersey in Blackpot Lane.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #3047 on: 19 July, 2014, 10:17:41 pm »
We spotted Speshact at the Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park today, which was nice. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3048 on: 20 July, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
Today,on the patio at joglerville ,Gordon otp.

The one-time host of a very social & succesful yacf gathering is looking very trim,tanned & fit.
He came bearing liquid refreshment & we forced cake etc. upon him.

We spent a couple of hours or more discussing many cycle related issues & listening to his plans for the immediate future.

A most enjoyable suprise :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3049 on: 21 July, 2014, 05:36:20 am »
Myself and Phil spotted eachother on Commercial Road the other day :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium