Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595105 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #800 on: 14 September, 2010, 05:16:05 pm »
I didn't think you'd take my flippant comment seriously. Sorry :-[

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #801 on: 14 September, 2010, 05:21:46 pm »
But Thursday is Cake Day! 

(I really was just around the corner.  And your cake got eaten by the Thursday volunteers at the bike rescue, who can generally be counted on to hoover up any spares :) )

Was the festival good?

« Reply #802 on: 14 September, 2010, 07:47:29 pm »
Completely amazing.  It was a great setting, very friendly atmosphere, and fabulous music.

Glad the cake didn't go to waste!

« Reply #803 on: 14 September, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »
Saw Nuncio and miniog - on the telly!

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #804 on: 15 September, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »
As I was cycling to work this morning after a trip to the dentist, I was stopped at some traffic lights on Chenye Walk when I had to shield my eyes from a very bright light.

I looked across to the other side other junction and could just about make out why I why being blinded, on the other side of the road was Valiant, his mojo shining brighter than a lighthouse.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #805 on: 15 September, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »
And you've just emerged from hours of torrid lovemaking in a by-the-hour hotel...?
Getting there...

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #806 on: 15 September, 2010, 03:01:51 pm »
And you've just emerged from hours of torrid lovemaking in a by-the-hour hotel...?

He hasn't emerged, merely up for air.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #807 on: 16 September, 2010, 02:11:08 am »
Lol yay I finally got spotted :D I was on my way to Earl Court for the Plasa show. Some very nice goodies there.

That said I thought I spotted you on the way back around 6-7pm ish on a brommie but I think I was mistaken. I also got chatted up by a fellow cyclist :D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #808 on: 16 September, 2010, 07:40:50 am »
Gosh, plasa. Must be over 20 years since I was there. I guess they are no longer just selling very big gramophone horns and different coloured candles.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #809 on: 16 September, 2010, 09:12:24 am »
Gosh, plasa. Must be over 20 years since I was there.

I was thinking exactly the same, though I believe it was nineteen years ago.  I had a lift down from Marc Randall in his big green Saab.
Getting there...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #810 on: 16 September, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »
It's dying out, it's about LED panels now and the stand prices are horrendous. £20k for a small stand, £60k for the big ones that Allen & Heath/Robe/Martin had and demo rooms were £3k per hour or something.

This is why everyone is switching over to the BPM show for audio stuff.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #811 on: 16 September, 2010, 05:05:19 pm »
Lol yay I finally got spotted :D I was on my way to Earl Court for the Plasa show. Some very nice goodies there.

That said I thought I spotted you on the way back around 6-7pm ish on a brommie but I think I was mistaken. I also got chatted up by a fellow cyclist :D

No, I was pompino'd, I don't often commute on the brommie these days.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #812 on: 17 September, 2010, 09:47:12 am »
I was spotted this morning, as I headed into New kent road from Elephant & Castle.  Not sure if it was someone from here.

I was wearing my Clarion 1895 jersey, and, as I went past, someone shouted 'Clarion!'.  I think I recognised the voice, but, when I looked back, I couldn't see who it might have been in the crowd near the bus stop.

Sounded like a North European voice - Dutch or German, maybe ???

Of course, they may have been a Clarionette themselves, or reading my jersey, or be someone from another forum...
Getting there...

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #813 on: 17 September, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
I was spotted this morning, as I headed into New kent road from Elephant & Castle.  Not sure if it was someone from here.

I was wearing my Clarion 1895 jersey, and, as I went past, someone shouted 'Clarion!'.  I think I recognised the voice, but, when I looked back, I couldn't see who it might have been in the crowd near the bus stop.

Of course, they may have been a Clarionette themselves, or reading my jersey, or be someone from another forum...

Look, this thread is for spotters, not spottees. If you want to report being spotted, you need another thread.

(Otherwise it's all: I saw myself on the way home in every bus shelter)
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #814 on: 18 September, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »

Look, this thread is for spotters, not spottees. If you want to report being spotted, you need another thread.

(Otherwise it's all: I saw myself on the way home in every bus shelter)

That is a good point. I've always thought that they were voices in my head but it could equally be forumites calling my name
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #815 on: 18 September, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »
Nah, spot you first.  Tough luck!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #816 on: 18 September, 2010, 07:52:14 pm »
I've seen loads today.
It is simpler than it looks.

LindaG

« Reply #817 on: 21 September, 2010, 03:05:28 pm »
Spotted yesterday in Toytown, the Legendary Mr Nesbitt.  I rode 30km of his 200km DIY in his most pleasant company.  It rained a bit, but that was OK.  A quick lunch in Northallerton then away he went.  In the company of greatness, but it hasn't worn off on me unfortunately.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #818 on: 21 September, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
I have the same experience.
I must be made of Teflon
He's even spent the night in my house,shared the same table & still I can't climb hills.
Same thing with Deano.Still I struggle with fixed gear riding.
 ::-)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #819 on: 22 September, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »
I just spotted Mr Bunbury, going towards the uni as I was going between two of my sites.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #820 on: 22 September, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »
You beat me to it.

I just spotted CrinklyLion as I was returning from lunch, or rather I blanked her until she said hello.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #821 on: 22 September, 2010, 02:08:19 pm »
Spotted Butterfly and Clarion in the latest Camping and Caravan Club magazine!

a great mind thinks alike

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #822 on: 22 September, 2010, 02:10:56 pm »
Ah.  I can explain... ;D
Getting there...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #823 on: 22 September, 2010, 02:12:34 pm »
They were wearing a magazine?  ???
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #824 on: 22 September, 2010, 02:15:56 pm »
Don't be daft!  Butterfly would be wearing at least three layers.  The Sunday supplements, perhaps ;)
Getting there...