Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596479 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #950 on: 20 November, 2010, 11:42:18 pm »
Oh, a whole bunch of forumites, some I've met before, some not, on various dark and winding roads between London and Brighton.  There was an Adrian, a TimO, a Tigerrr and more.

You can see some of them in this photo, with Adrian deep in contemplation at the centre.

Is that what it is.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #951 on: 20 November, 2010, 11:57:01 pm »
Oh, a whole bunch of forumites, some I've met before, some not, on various dark and winding roads between London and Brighton.  There was an Adrian, a TimO, a Tigerrr and more.

You can see some of them in this photo, with Adrian deep in contemplation at the centre.

Is that what it is.

Lordy, you're looking grumpy there Adrian.

You need a Reggie cuddle....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Simonb

« Reply #952 on: 21 November, 2010, 12:04:42 am »
Today I spotted a whole gang of them in Mr Kong's! Hello!

« Reply #953 on: 21 November, 2010, 12:05:46 am »

Is that what it is.

Lordy, you're looking grumpy there Adrian.

You need a Reggie cuddle....

I am, but have no recollection of any such emotion. Are you really sure that a Reggie cuddle would help?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #954 on: 21 November, 2010, 12:25:59 pm »
I met and had a nice chat with Phil d in Stacey's Kitchen in Cricklade earlier this morning. He was carbo-loading  ;) in the middle of a drizzly 200. I'd driven the 5 miles to the cafe for a fry-up.  :-[

« Reply #955 on: 21 November, 2010, 02:03:27 pm »
Butterfly & Clarion. In my kitchen. Drinking tea.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #956 on: 21 November, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »
Say hi to them from me along the road. 

(Sam texted me last night just to report that he had seen a couple on a tandem as he was heading over to Eltham.  I've got him quite well indoctrinated)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #957 on: 21 November, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »
A good cup of tea it was, too :)

I suppose we could have dropped in on a tea crawl, Paul. ;D  Must do that some time; there are lots of forumites around the area.

Hope to see you again some time.
Getting there...

« Reply #958 on: 21 November, 2010, 09:48:00 pm »
I met and had a nice chat with Phil d in Stacey's Kitchen in Cricklade earlier this morning. He was carbo-loading  ;) in the middle of a drizzly 200. I'd driven the 5 miles to the cafe for a fry-up.  :-[

Good to meet you SB.  That was a hard ride; after leaving you it was all the way through Cirencester and Cheltenham to Broadway into what seemed an energy-sapping (and cold!) headwind.  I felt more tired after that 200 than I've felt for a long time.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #959 on: 21 November, 2010, 11:18:36 pm »
Phil and Mark.

Thanks both.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #960 on: 23 November, 2010, 10:55:36 pm »
Tiermat.

In our kitchen. :)
Getting there...

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #961 on: 23 November, 2010, 11:51:32 pm »

You can just make out my head, immediately behind Adrain, sitting down in a blue top. Mrs. Hall is asleep, out of shot. We were on the tandem. All round top bloke JT is opposite me, also in blue. Just realised next to him in the back to front hiviz is Jeremy of th exploding tyres and stripped axle fame.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #962 on: 25 November, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »
I think I saw MercuryKev tonight on Duddingston Park South, but it might not have been him.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #963 on: 27 November, 2010, 03:32:25 am »
Boab, drinking cocoa, in our  living room. There may possibly have been cake.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #964 on: 27 November, 2010, 01:00:48 pm »
Arabella, drinking cocoa, in our  living room. There may possibly have been cake.

And now I've sent the pair of them off to the pub/AGM (boab's getting a trophy, donchaknow!)/pub/AUK dinner with a rack pack lightly loaded with cake.

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #965 on: 27 November, 2010, 05:51:48 pm »
Charlotte, pictured as part of a LEJOG article in the new issue of 'Cycle', the CTC rag. :thumbsup:
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #966 on: 28 November, 2010, 07:54:05 am »
Charlotte, pictured as part of a LEJOG article in the new issue of 'Cycle', the CTC rag. :thumbsup:
Turn over a couple of pages and you will see her again in the article on the Knutsford Great Race.

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #967 on: 28 November, 2010, 06:13:13 pm »
I am a very slow reader! ;)
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #968 on: 29 November, 2010, 09:48:52 am »

Thanks for lots of excellent Forumite company at the Audax AGM weekend.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #969 on: 29 November, 2010, 09:57:41 am »
We spotted Speshact on the Lambeth Architecture ride on Saturday, and he was good company all day.

Jane was there at the start, too, but sadly couldn't do the ride. :( :( :(
Getting there...

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #970 on: 29 November, 2010, 10:34:08 am »
Spotted a 'bent in my wing-mirror on Saturday evening as we queued to leave Lewisham. As he pulled past I realised that it was Wendy. It did occur to me, as I leant from the window of my motor-carriage to yell his name, that he would probably think I was shouting abuse at him!

Nice little chat and Emily and I were very impressed with the amount of light coming off the bike.

Hope your gears behaved :)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #971 on: 29 November, 2010, 10:51:46 am »
That was so awesome! I'm really glad you called out. Gears, turns out my derailleur spring had broken, so I swapped it for a spare.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #972 on: 29 November, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »
The Smaller Cub and I, on our was home from a welly-purchasing expotition, spotted Arch, driving her bright yellow glorified milk float.  Probably the only refuse/recycling collection still happening today in York!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #973 on: 29 November, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »
Yay for Arch!

And what wellies did you buy?
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #974 on: 29 November, 2010, 04:15:01 pm »
Green wellies and thermal socks for the big'un (who currently owns one pair of shoes - which are basically glorifed sandals.  I'm a BAAAAAD mummy!) and slightly too large (because there wasn't a pair of size 8 wellies that he would contemplate trying on anywhere in York) Thomas the Tank Engine Shiny Red puddle-sploshers for the littly.  At least he has room for a spare pair of socks.  Or, quite possibly, half a dozen spare pairs of socks!

And indeed, YAY for Arch and the St Nick's recycling team.  I am so disappointed that our round has gone to the council instead of them, because the St Nick's lot are undoubtably the coolest.  I mean, they use trikes!