Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596506 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #975 on: 29 November, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »
There I was, driving my glorified yellow milk float, and I saw CrinklyLion! And littlest cub.  And they waved, and I waved back...

We weren't actually collecting today, we're still between rounds on the changeover.  Today's job (after we spent the morning shovelling snow off the path at the centre, and off the ground at our skip compond) was to deliver boxes and bags to one of the new city centre rounds.

Beryl (that's the vehicle) made it to the middle of town, haemoraghing (sp?) charge as she went, but we had to abandon the job half done when the charge indicator went amber, and we crawled home on flashing red, with my co-pilot pushing to get her across junctions before the lights changed again. It took five staff to push her up the slight slope to the gates and into her lockup.

Should have taken the trikes! :facepalm:

Tomorrow could be fun.  By which I mean 'fun'. A full collection as normal to do, and more snow forecast. Beryl should be a bit better, she's always a bit naff on a Monday morning, as she charges Friday night and then dribbles charge away over the weekend. But she doesn't like the cold.

We don't like to fail. Last year we had to miss a few streets on the worst days, but we made it. We might have a few long days, but we'll do our best.  And it's very nice to be appreciated. :)

PS I also saw both cubs and their Dad this morning on the way in, but I don't think they recognised me on foot....
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #976 on: 07 December, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »
Simon P, cycling out of the carpark at the physio while I was on the phone in the car. 

I was the next appointment and tried not to think about why the treatment table was still nice and warm...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #977 on: 12 December, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
Yesterday - the Tiermat family, Uncle Phil and Mrs Uncle Phil, 'Slow'coach, LindaG and Crusty.  And then today, Arch who was in my house peeling sprouts.

« Reply #978 on: 12 December, 2010, 11:12:00 pm »
Yesterday - the Tiermat family, Uncle Phil and Mrs Uncle Phil, 'Slow'coach, LindaG and Crusty.  And then today, Arch who was in my house peeling sprouts.

Shouldn't that be Auntie Phil?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #979 on: 12 December, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »
Simon P, cycling out of the carpark at the physio while I was on the phone in the car. 

I was the next appointment and tried not to think about why the treatment table was still nice and warm...

*Quizical raised eyebrow smiley*
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #980 on: 13 December, 2010, 07:06:29 am »
In the car park dear, no doubt parked up.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #981 on: 15 December, 2010, 09:22:08 am »
I spotted Wascally Weasal doing something mechanical to his bike by the side of the road this morning.

Sorry I didn't stop, WW, but I was running late and you looked like you knew what you were doing  :D

LindaG

« Reply #982 on: 20 December, 2010, 09:37:26 am »
I spotted Deano, coming through my front door.  Then I spotted him on the sofa having a natter.  Then I spotted that he had collected his Yorkshire Christmas Pudding wot CrinklyLion made.

I hope he enjoys that pudding 'cos it was a bally cold bike ride to come and get it!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #983 on: 20 December, 2010, 09:49:04 am »
'ard as nailz that guy 8)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #984 on: 21 December, 2010, 09:33:52 pm »
And today I saw Newtoncap,  in my house, collecting a Pud.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #985 on: 30 December, 2010, 01:52:28 pm »
Met up with the lovely HTFB today, diolch yn fawr for fixing the female fettling failure  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #986 on: 02 January, 2011, 05:06:28 pm »
C+ has finally caught up with the Tweed Run.  There was a photo of a splendind ordinary rider :-*
Getting there...

« Reply #987 on: 11 January, 2011, 11:25:17 am »
Arch on her yellow and rust mobile. 
<i>Marmite slave</i>

border-rider

« Reply #988 on: 12 January, 2011, 12:18:52 am »
We've got that Manotea locked away in the spare room :)

« Reply #989 on: 12 January, 2011, 09:22:59 am »
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

border-rider

« Reply #990 on: 12 January, 2011, 11:48:18 am »
He was released back to the wild in Trellech this morning.  I think he has a decent homing instinct.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #991 on: 13 January, 2011, 09:25:22 am »
Anyone we know?

Older chap wearing Willesden shorts and an AUK cap under his helmet, spotted at the southern end of Gracechurch Street (mostly likely carrying on across London Bridge), 08:30 this morning.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #992 on: 18 January, 2011, 03:49:48 pm »
Manotea.
In Richmond Park.
He gave me a gland compression nut.
Shortly, I shall fit it.

« Reply #993 on: 19 January, 2011, 07:37:32 pm »
Reminds me, did anyone do the Southwark cyclists Christmas Day ride and have a drink in the Dukes Head in Putney?

I spotted a number of cyclists but no-one I recognised (no Andrij or SotR like last year).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #994 on: 19 January, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »
Mr Charly outside York station as I lurked, having a crafty snout.

Had a quick chat then we went opposite ways.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #995 on: 19 January, 2011, 07:47:03 pm »
He gave me a gland compression nut.

The traditional manner of greeting for Glasgow Rangers supporters amongst Celtic fans, I gather.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #996 on: 19 January, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »
I spotted Wascally Weasal doing something mechanical to his bike by the side of the road this morning.

Sorry I didn't stop, WW, but I was running late and you looked like you knew what you were doing  :D

That was just after Chelsea Bridge on the Embankment?

I was as clueless as usual but muddled through the last of the faerie visits of the year.

« Reply #997 on: 20 January, 2011, 08:39:30 am »
Reminds me, did anyone do the Southwark cyclists Christmas Day ride and have a drink in the Dukes Head in Putney?

I spotted a number of cyclists but no-one I recognised (no Andrij or SotR like last year).

I did - but didn't make it to the Duke's Head, choosing instead to peel off at Putney Bridge and head home apace on account of the ride being so    s   l   o   w
that my extremities were starting to freeze. I don't think there was anyone else from here on that ride.

« Reply #998 on: 20 January, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »

That was just after Chelsea Bridge on the Embankment?

I was as clueless as usual but muddled through the last of the faerie visits of the year.

Yes, that was it. You charged past me yesterday, too, at the same place, and there was no way I could catch you before you turned left. I did hear you saying something to the chap who happened to be cycling the wrong way down your side of the street.  ;D

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #999 on: 20 January, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »
Mr Nesbitt on the company intranet cycling forum!