Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595153 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1050 on: 24 February, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »
I spotted Aidan's nephew earlier today. And Arch's very yellow vehicle, Beryl. We caught up with it (walking, not very fast, so I'm guessing the batteries were getting low!) and peered in the window but Arch wasn't driving. So, not-quite-forumite-spotting :)

« Reply #1051 on: 24 February, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »
Yet another crossing of paths with PaulR earlier this evening.
He, on his way home, from work.
Me, on mine, from Sainsbury's.
Topics discussed were as follows:
° Brightness of front lights.
° My ride today, at which point I slightly lost PaulR.
° Satellite passing overhead - the reason for slightly losing PaulR.
° The International Space Station, and its availability to the general public over the next few days.
° Aquaria, and the installation/upkeep therof.
At which point we both decided it was time to head for our respective homes  :)

In all, not a bad encounter.  :D

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #1052 on: 25 February, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
pretty sure i spotted a clarion in black yacf top along with a butterfly heading south in ealing tonight
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #1053 on: 26 February, 2011, 05:56:32 pm »
Sorry about my goldfish-like attention span.  :-[
Do feel free to tell more of your ride...
Yet another crossing of paths with PaulR earlier this evening.
He, on his way home, from work.
Me, on mine, from Sainsbury's.
Topics discussed were as follows:
° Brightness of front lights.
° My ride today, at which point I slightly lost PaulR.
° Satellite passing overhead - the reason for slightly losing PaulR.
° The International Space Station, and its availability to the general public over the next few days.
° Aquaria, and the installation/upkeep therof.
At which point we both decided it was time to head for our respective homes  :)

In all, not a bad encounter.  :D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1054 on: 26 February, 2011, 08:45:15 pm »
pretty sure i spotted a clarion in black yacf top along with a butterfly heading south in ealing tonight

Well spotted! :D  We were passing through from CharlottenJulian's new place, on the way to a rather fine curry.  Wish you'd yelled, as we'd love to have seen you :)

This morning, I came out of WH Smiths at Waterloo and saw Scumoftheroad disguised as a normal person, talking to the beautiful Butterfly :)
Getting there...

« Reply #1055 on: 26 February, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »
I spotted Aidan's nephew earlier today.

Not easy to miss , is he ;D

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1056 on: 02 March, 2011, 06:58:18 pm »
There's a certain imposing gangly hairy looming-ness to him, it must be said  :)

Today, when I was on my way to work, Arch on her way to work.  Who is neither gangly nor especially hairy, and doesn't really loom either.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1057 on: 03 March, 2011, 12:36:24 am »
Not on this forum, but I spotted the Bandaged One near Aldgate.  He was off to meet Jurek for a FNRttC recce, I was walking back to the office having dropped of my bike at Bicycle Magic.  (Yes, I know, should have done it on Monday...)

That's two people I've spotted this week, both times while I was sans bike.  :-\

Incidently we must have just missed eachother as I was there on that day too.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1058 on: 03 March, 2011, 09:42:42 am »
Today, when I was on my way to work, Arch on her way to work.  Who is neither gangly nor especially hairy, and doesn't really loom either.

You say the nicest things....

I'd quite like to be able to loom, but that does require a certain height.  I'll settle for not hitting my head on low beams.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1059 on: 04 March, 2011, 09:26:14 am »
Clarion at Stockwell tube last night looking composed whilst waiting for a green light...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1060 on: 04 March, 2011, 10:07:24 am »
Clarion ...looking composed ...

Mistaken identity? ;D

Good to see you though.  I'm always a bit reticent to chat, mind, as I know I'm holding you up, especially at the moment when I'm still below par. ;D 
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1061 on: 05 March, 2011, 07:17:00 pm »
I spotted MSeries south of Macclesfield.
I spotted him several times alongside or directly behind all afternnon & ultimately spotted him again in our lounge,kitchen & dining room :)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1062 on: 06 March, 2011, 12:12:39 am »
Oscar's Dad, The Current Mrs R and Twinkle Toes, at my dinner table and in my living room.

You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1063 on: 06 March, 2011, 12:26:34 am »
Oh - and , not sure if they were forummers or not, but I saw two chaps in Witham Morrison's front door area, obviously having a food stop on a long ride.  A Trek and a Spesh Singlecross parked outside, both with racks and Topeak rackpacks.  One fluo yellow jacket and one fluo orange.

A bit off route for the Shaftesbury 200, I'm guessing (and possibly the wrong time even if they took a deliberate detour).  i guess they weren't on that ride.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

essexian

« Reply #1064 on: 06 March, 2011, 11:05:41 am »
I seem to remember someone on this board saying they had a racing trike. If so, was it you I said Hi to as you headed south past Penkridge Town FC around 9.45am this morning?

I was the fat bloke on the Boardman Hybrid going toward the railway bridge.

Oh, lovely looking bike by the way. Completely want one!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1065 on: 07 March, 2011, 11:31:14 am »
Spotted by Crusty in the LBS on Saturday, as I was recovering from the shock of being told that if I want 700C steel forks for 1" aheadset I would be looking at >£100!!!1
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

JJ

« Reply #1066 on: 09 March, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »
As I ran to work this morning, the Mekon floated by on his tray, the utility, baby-mekon and cargo carrying tray.  We exchanged views on the best way to achieve solar-system domination and separated at the lights.  Mekons are quite law-abiding when not armed with death-rays.  He overtook me again later with just a quiet humming noise coming from the tray.

Those under about 48 need not expect to understand about the tray.

fuzzy

« Reply #1067 on: 09 March, 2011, 12:36:51 pm »
I always thought it was a frisbee...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1068 on: 09 March, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »
Arch, out in Beryl the Yellow Peril yesterday when we caught her up (despite the fact that Beryl was looking a bit nippier than usual in the arm weather) at the lights.  We were walking :)

Then Arch, on her upwrong, on her way to work this morning as I was waiting to turn out of our street.

« Reply #1069 on: 09 March, 2011, 05:31:46 pm »
Arch, out in Beryl the Yellow Peril yesterday when we caught her up (despite the fact that Beryl was looking a bit nippier than usual in the arm weather) at the lights.  We were walking :)

Then Arch, on her upwrong, on her way to work this morning as I was waiting to turn out of our street.

You should have seen us that morning, when she was suffering full-on Monday-morning-itis*.  It's a good thing we're all embarrassment proof.

*she charges overnight, and starts to lose charge straight away. Hence on a Monday morning, she's been charged up Friday night when we plug her in, and spent the whole weekend leaking electrons quietly.

(it occurs to me suddenly that it wasn't Monday that CL saw us.  D'oh!) 
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1070 on: 11 March, 2011, 10:31:54 am »
On my way to work last night I saw Ianrauk.  OK, he's off CC, but still a forumite.  :P
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1071 on: 11 March, 2011, 10:36:48 am »
On my way to work last night I saw Ianrauk.  OK, he's off CC, but still a forumite.  :P

I saw him last night, as he disappeared in a puff of smoke towards Bomley parts  :)

« Reply #1072 on: 11 March, 2011, 10:37:54 am »

I saw him last night, as he disappeared in a puff of smoke towards Bomley parts  :)

If I'd left a little earlier, I might have passed you!

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1073 on: 11 March, 2011, 10:42:38 am »

If I'd left a little earlier, I might have passed you!

You would have definitely have passed me, especially with the bike I am on at the moment  ::-)

« Reply #1074 on: 11 March, 2011, 10:54:29 am »
LOL!  a) I'm not particularly fast and b) I had assumed we would be going in opposite directions.   ;D