Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595170 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1200 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:17:33 am »
Hmm, given the limited distance he'd ridden at that point, I must admit, the arrival of a pretty young chap in the shelter as we were chatting did make me somewhat suspicious of his motives, particularly given how lithe Reg is looking these days.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1201 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:41:45 am »
Hmm, given the limited distance he'd ridden at that point, I must admit, the arrival of a pretty young chap in the shelter as we were chatting did make me somewhat suspicious of his motives, particularly given how lithe Reg is looking these days.

I didn't spot him...  :(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1202 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:42:47 am »

I didn't spot him...  :(

Impostor! ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #1203 on: 11 May, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »
Just spotted Kim cycling through Kings Heath, proudly sporting a black and white YACF top.

Spotting other forumites is not a common occurrence in Birmingham.

« Reply #1204 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:21:09 pm »
Just spotted Kim cycling through Kings Heath, proudly sporting a black and white YACF top.

Surely you can see Basil any time you stick your head round the pub door?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1205 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:46:22 pm »
I do make an effort to ride past the Country Girl wherever possible, to increase the probability of sightings  ;D

« Reply #1206 on: 11 May, 2011, 09:04:21 pm »

Surely you can see Basil any time you stick your head round the pub door?

I regularly pop my head around the doors of a number of Birmingham's pubs, but unless he's got a YACF top on my chances of recognising Basil are 0.

Kim both had the right gear on and I had met her at last years Dun Run (although she was riding an upright tonight in a bid to try and confuse).

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1207 on: 11 May, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »
Dammit, the stealth ninja bike evidently isn't stealthy enough (not that you'd know it from riding in traffic).

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1208 on: 12 May, 2011, 07:39:32 am »

I regularly pop my head around the doors of a number of Birmingham's pubs, but unless he's got a YACF top on my chances of recognising Basil are 0.

I expect you've overtaken me on the commute now and then.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1209 on: 16 May, 2011, 05:30:38 pm »
CrinklyLion, spotted pushing her bike towards home by me driving the electric truck. I waved and asked if she was ok, and she said yes, at which point I realised that the bike she was pushing said "Islabike" on the downtube, and was in fact that of the eldest Cub.  I need to work on the bike recognition bit.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #1210 on: 17 May, 2011, 04:48:03 pm »
Kim. 
Having detoured to buy Aldi mitts, I spotted the 'bent pass as I approached on a side road.
We were both held up in crawling traffic, but with a bit sometimes rather dodgey centre line snow ploughing, I managed to catch her just as we were  approaching the Country Girl.
So of course it sort of went
"Hi."
"Hi"
"Bye"
"Bye"

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1211 on: 17 May, 2011, 07:17:53 pm »
Did you actually tell me to 'get on the cyclepath', or did I mishear?   ;D

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #1212 on: 17 May, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »
Did you actually tell me to 'get on the cyclepath', or did I mishear?   ;D

Oh yes.  ;D

I thought that was the traditional greeting. 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1213 on: 17 May, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »
We saw a young gentleman awheel aboard a spiffing Cliff Shrubb fixed with wooden 'guards.  Twas Chris L, and, tbh, he spotted us, since he rode up from behind and is faster than either of us.  I told him that Butterfly was ahead, but I don't think he heard me.  He worked it out anyway. :)
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1214 on: 18 May, 2011, 10:13:22 am »
This morning, between Stockwell and Oval, I saw Origamist (I think), wearing High Road gear.
Getting there...

« Reply #1215 on: 18 May, 2011, 07:04:23 pm »
This morning, between Stockwell and Oval, I saw Origamist (I think), wearing High Road gear.

Yes, that was me. I thought it was you (YACF jersey) but we were in different lanes and a lot of cyclists between us, including one chap who was running himself ragged as he didn't like being passed...

Further up the road, someone asked if I was wearing it in honour of Cav's stage win in the Giro!

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1216 on: 19 May, 2011, 09:42:03 am »
I've just met marcus who is visiting our office on his very nice fixed Pearson  :thumbsup: We had a nice chat about audax.

I've just looked at his profile & found out who he is. 'Have you done much this year?', I asked  :facepalm:

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1217 on: 19 May, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »
Just met Zigzag in Bermondsey on the way home. I think my Audax UK shirt gave away that I might be a forumite.  Anyway, the traffic was horrendous but he lived up to his name and got through it much quicker than I did, living up to mine.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1218 on: 19 May, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »
Just met Zigzag in Bermondsey on the way home. I think my Audax UK shirt gave away that I might be a forumite.  Anyway, the traffic was horrendous but he lived up to his name and got through it much quicker than I did, living up to mine.

it was nice to meet you Redlight (i'm sure i've seen you before in one audax or another!). traffic was bad, but it's often like that on my commute, i usually go that route half an hour earlier.

« Reply #1219 on: 20 May, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »
Yay, my first non-local, non-prearranged spotting - Mcshroom, at Manchester Piccadilly on his way to Cardiff, walking his bike through the concourse as I arrived for the weekend with MFWHTBAB. I was pretty sure of my ID, and the YACF top confirmed it.  Whether he could place me initially in civvies, I don't know!

I don't suppose it was anyone here on the road out towards Eccles (no idea what the road name is), on a dark grey/black Cannondale with a lefty?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #1220 on: 21 May, 2011, 08:13:01 am »
Yesterday after work as I sat outside the Roebuck on Great Dover St, Clarion.  I called out but he was obviously riding far too fast to hear me.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1221 on: 21 May, 2011, 03:14:43 pm »
Funnily enough, as I rode up to the pub, I did wonder if there might have been any LFGSSers around.  I'm sorry I didn't hear you call, as I would certainly have stopped, having no desperate hurry to be off. :(
Getting there...

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #1222 on: 21 May, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »
Yeah! I was doing quite a bit of fixie spotting as I sat there. It was really strange. I saw 2  more individuals who I  knew, both on bikes, cycling past.   Although, I guess, it is a fairly well frequented cycling route. Just after you passed, a young guy came past. and at the junction of Trinity St with Gt Dover, he performed a perfectly stylish fixie dismount,  such as I have now lost the ability to execute (tried to demonstrate a few months ago on my daughter's bike and fell off several times before I managed to do it, and even then very clumsily). Lesson learned: Use it or lose it. I was sufficiently impressed by his skill to announce it loudly to my companions. They were completely bemused.

« Reply #1223 on: 21 May, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »
Saw a bent towing a trailer on the A64 cycle path in the Scarborough direction today around noon just before Sutton Bank. Was that anyone of this parish ?
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #1224 on: 22 May, 2011, 10:09:48 am »
I was sitting by a large pond in Barton yesterday late morningish, scoffing cake in order to prepare myself for 40 miles of headwind, when i saw a very dapper looking fellow in a flat cap zipping along on a Bakfiets - could this have been a sighting of Dr. Mekon?