Author Topic: Good Couscous..?  (Read 978 times)

Good Couscous..?
« on: 05 March, 2011, 08:57:51 am »
Any favourite Couscous recipes, as side dish, or main?  I only seem to be able to load it with Pesto, perhaps with some beans or the like...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Good Couscous..?
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2011, 10:28:28 am »
I'm a long term cous cous user, I've been trying to give it up, honest.

First thing is to develop a spice that you like. I tend to use cumin, corriander, cinnamon in a sort of 3:1.5:.5 ratio then other stuff as the mood takes me. Hot smoked paprika for example, it can take anything. Water to cous cous is about 1:0.4, or just cover the cous cous with about 1cm of hot water.

After that,  a salad with cut up corriander, mint, cucumber, tomato is always welcome (tabbouleh) or serve hot with roasted peppers, courgette, whatever. I tend to make up a pot of veg from whatever is in the fridge basket, blanch, then mix into the cous cous. A quick stir fry with a little soy is also good.

« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2011, 08:25:07 pm »
I'm a long term cous cous user, I've been trying to give it up, honest.

First thing is to develop a spice that you like. I tend to use cumin, corriander, cinnamon in a sort of 3:1.5:.5 ratio then other stuff as the mood takes me. Hot smoked paprika for example, it can take anything. Water to cous cous is about 1:0.4, or just cover the cous cous with about 1cm of hot water.

After that,  a salad with cut up corriander, mint, cucumber, tomato is always welcome (tabbouleh) or serve hot with roasted peppers, courgette, whatever. I tend to make up a pot of veg from whatever is in the fridge basket, blanch, then mix into the cous cous. A quick stir fry with a little soy is also good.

Sounds good - thanks.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2011, 11:01:50 pm »
I use it with anything, pasta sauce or as a base for whatever there is in the fridge.

But a personal favourite, that I had tonight is mixed with black bean chilli sauce.  Lush or what.