Author Topic: Women's Vuelta 2024  (Read 369 times)

Women's Vuelta 2024
« on: 02 May, 2024, 09:10:30 am »
Let's have a thread - I can't be the only person following this, can I?

Anyone know why Canyon-SRAM only started with 5 riders? One was taken ill at short notice, I believe, but there should have been 7 of them.
(click to show/hide)

Today's stage is properly hilly, with a mountain top finish, so we will see who is really going to be in contention for the overall.

alfapete

• Oh dear
Re: Women's Vuelta 2024
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2024, 07:26:42 pm »
You're not the only one following, but we were away at the beginning of the week so we're only just catching up with it all.

Delighted to see Demi back on form today and hope she can hold on after a moderate beginning to the season. Sadly will miss Saturday because of audax cooking duties in Chepstow.

Just looking through the GC, leading British rider is in 81st which is a bit disappointing. But Zoe Backstedt could win the Lanterne Rouge!
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2024, 09:56:22 pm »
We don't have a subscription to watch since GCN folded, but I understand a GB rider, Flora Perkins, who I admit I had never heard of, was 8th on stage 2 and 5th on stage 3.

« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2024, 11:33:39 am »
Well that was a good exciting race. 6 different winners from 5 different teams over 8 stages, which is good.
(click to show/hide)

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2024, 12:47:43 pm »
We don't have a subscription to watch since GCN folded, but I understand a GB rider, Flora Perkins, who I admit I had never heard of, was 8th on stage 2 and 5th on stage 3.

She was in the break at LBL too, that lasted until 10km to go.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick