Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: Random audax questions
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 10:20:19 am »
Sounds as if ACP are strict about cycles being cycles whereas AUK are more relaxed.
It was about 25 years ago and it was a place-to-place (not a circuit) populaire that started quite a bit higher than it finished.  It also had an element of rough off-road so a bit of running with the skateboard under the arm was involved.

More notably PBP has been ridden, and with a good time, on a kick-scooter.  I think that has subsequently been outlawed by ACP.

AUK current regs:
9.3 Any kind of cycle may be ridden, with the following conditions:
9.3.1 The cycle is propelled solely by human effort. ...

(Despite this, AUK seem to be relaxed about participants on electrically-assisted bikes)
Electrically assisted bikes are only allowed on BPs not BRs, aren't they? Or maybe they're allowed to enter BRs too but don't get validated or something?

E-bike riders are allowed to enter BPs but are not eligible for validation. E-bikers aren't allowed to enter BRs.
Audax / Re: Oasts and Coasts 300Km
« Last post by Bigdaveskinnytyre on Today at 10:12:12 am »
First 300 ticked off; I was feeling it yesterday and still am today; Slightly more recovery needed than a 200.

I was aiming for sub 12 hour ride time and with faffing at controls for just over an hour got in at just after 1845, so pretty happy with my ride.

I thought I had a flat between Brenzett and Hythe but when I stopped all was good and it turns out it was probably squirming in some diesel or oil that caused some of the front group to crash.

Climbing after Dover castle there was a large group of (I think) Germans riding along on mountain bikes and I was making little progress on them up a climb; when I finally passed them I noticed they all had about 250W electrical assistance :-\

A good double scoop ice cream at Herne Bay and I had forgotten how slow the section from Faversham to Hollingbourne can be and then almost got taken out by a taxi driver on the Pilgrims way before crossing the Medway.

A good day riding all round and now debating if I can push it to 400.
Audax / Re: Three Coasts 600 / East & West Coast 600 - 17/06/2017
« Last post by zacklaws on Today at 10:01:09 am »
I'm in again......The ride is only a few kilometers short of 400 on the first day looking at all my past rides and they all agree and every time I have just got to Castleford CP as it gets dark around 2100, earlier if its overcast and its about 3 hours riding in the dark to Mytholmoroyd.
Audax / Re: London Wales London (Severn Across as was...)
« Last post by mattc on Today at 09:57:08 am »
The membership fee is actually very good value for what you get - as long as you live the kind of lifestyle that enables you to take full advantage of it. Which I don't.
So it's a bit like the deal that Monaco residents get?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 09:56:38 am »
Kissing with Confidence - Will Powers
« Last post by mattc on Today at 09:56:24 am »
If I had my bike stolen with (say) less than 1/4 still to ride, I'd like to think I'd be validated after completing on foot. That's not unfeasible on a multi-day event, where lots of riders build up a buffer of >10 hours.

I can understand not wanting ultra-runners on an event (though I've nothing against runners per se). They don't allow bikes on _their_ events!

We're into pretty fringe situations here, but it's an interesting discussion  :thumbsup:
Parts and Accessories / Re: Clever Standard tyre levers
« Last post by handcyclist on Today at 09:54:13 am »
I'll probably get 10 sets in.

PM me if you want to put your name down for some.

hc
Audax / Re: London Wales London (Severn Across as was...)
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 09:52:59 am »
The membership fee is actually very good value for what you get - as long as you live the kind of lifestyle that enables you to take full advantage of it. Which I don't.

One of my schoolfriends was a Hartelpool fan (no idea why) and he told me the same fact[?] about re-election. That was waaaaaaaaaay back in the 1980s so it must be some sort of ur ban leg end by now.
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 09:35:28 am »
Sounds as if ACP are strict about cycles being cycles whereas AUK are more relaxed.
It was about 25 years ago and it was a place-to-place (not a circuit) populaire that started quite a bit higher than it finished.  It also had an element of rough off-road so a bit of running with the skateboard under the arm was involved.

More notably PBP has been ridden, and with a good time, on a kick-scooter.  I think that has subsequently been outlawed by ACP.

AUK current regs:
9.3 Any kind of cycle may be ridden, with the following conditions:
9.3.1 The cycle is propelled solely by human effort. ...

(Despite this, AUK seem to be relaxed about participants on electrically-assisted bikes)
Electrically assisted bikes are only allowed on BPs not BRs, aren't they? Or maybe they're allowed to enter BRs too but don't get validated or something?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10