Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Sporting Life / Re: The cricket...
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 06:21:52 am »
Woke up just after the 2nd wicket. Looks like a productive day for England so far.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by Jakob on Today at 03:31:55 am »
I also had the pleasure of riding home in the worst rain ever.  Several places there was inches of standing water..and I came home virtually bone dry. Small damp patch on my big toe and another on my t-shirt, as I forgot to zip up my jacket pocket. Love my new wet-weather gear.
(Well, only the trousers are new, but they have completed the package).
Some ancient Altura booties
Marmot Minimalist Jacket. (Used for everything, cycling, hiking, snowboarding).
Kuhl Jetstream trousers...also intended for everything. Picked them on a Seattle trip 2 weeks ago and while they were pricey ($180) they have already proven their worth. Even on a relatively warm day like today (~14C on the way in), I still didn't overheat.
Some generic softshell gloves from Costco. Not really waterproof, but they keep it out for long enough.
Visibility issues aside, I actually had a really cozy commute :D
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by itsbruce on Today at 02:36:01 am »
In the ghetto - Elvis

(Dear gods, I hate that song.  But it's what popped into my head, so...)
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 02:20:43 am »
Neighbourhood ~ Space
Audax / Re: what can I expect on the route of the Bryan Chapman?
« Last post by wilkyboy on Today at 01:10:45 am »
O, and unless you're a fast girl, don't expect a bed at the YHA. Book somewhere else if you want to be sure of a bed.

Is there anywhere else?!  And I thought the girls got a better deal than the boys, since there are almost as many beds, but fewer people to fill them.

My first time (2013) I slept on the floor in the common room due to lack of boy-beds — the icy draft between the floor boards kept me awake until someone vacated the sofa and I could get 30 minutes without freezing my n?ts off.
« Last post by wilkyboy on Today at 01:01:39 am »
... - and it can be avoided by following the NCN route through Hafren Forest.  A few extra km but a delightfully quiet road and fabulous views across the lake near the top.  Osprey nest viewpoint too, if you are into such things.

I rode through there on the Bearbones 200 in October and it appears they've removed the Osprey-watching hide, which was there on WRT 200 in May.
« Last post by wilkyboy on Today at 12:58:47 am »
The only tip you need is to get in your granny ring BEFORE turning left to the youth hostel!

This.  Absolutely this  :thumbsup:

And the cold — something like 2°C trying to get 30 minutes' shut-eye at the bus stop before the Trawsfynydd climb on the return to Kings, both times I rode it.
Audax / Re: ACME Grand 1000km 28 June 2018
« Last post by wilkyboy on Today at 12:55:25 am »
Travelodge at Nottingham Wootton. Not quite as far as St Neots, but fits in well after a stop in Port Talbot the previous night.

Would that be Northampton Wooton, or are you adding a few 100Ks extra? ???

We don't go anywhere close to Nottingham, nor Northampton, not really. 

This is my speculation on the route — pure speculation based on the info Tomsk has posted here.  It's Gavin & Stacey plus a hilly Welsh loop and a modified retour:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26526898.  I repeat — this is me just joining the dots, nothing more than that.  Just over 1040km by my reckoning, but plenty of opportunities to shorten for the brave.

As Tomsk mentioned, it's still SEVEN months away and we have, therefore, more than one RRTY event to ride, plus at least one, possibly two events to organise between now and then ...
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:45:43 am »
The Ezra Collective, Islington, Sunday night. One of the best live shows I’ve seen in a long time. Great players, great material, great atmosphere, great show :-)
On The Road / Re: Important Survey - Bank Junction
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:42:08 am »
Completed. Thanks for posting this. I work close by, and this has made a great difference to my daily lunchtime perambulations, not least in the improved air quality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10