Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME Miscellany
« Last post by jiberjaber on Today at 02:31:39 pm »
 :thumbsup: Yeah - thats what I thought so have gone with similar.
« Last post by bobb on Today at 02:21:59 pm »
I think you need to keep the ACME in. Us Anvils have gone for "ACME Anvils"
The Knowledge / Re: Spoke length question
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 02:17:05 pm »
Bill Mould on

Thanks, that's useful. I assumed a 14mm nipple would have more threads than a 12mm one.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:12:04 pm »
I am pleased to be able to report that the honey bees that took up residence in the cavity wall/roofspace of an old bungalow at Priory Park have survived yet another winter and were out foraging this morning. I can't remember how many years ago it was that I first noticed these, but I think it may be as many as 10. Could this be a good advertisement for leaving bees to themselves and beekeepers not opening the roof every so often to steal honey/cull queen cells/feed sugar syrup/lots of other interesting reasons for looking into beehives?
« Last post by jiberjaber on Today at 02:10:52 pm »
Quick question - for our LEL teams, have we a consistent approach to the team name, ie: "ACME Dynamite" or "Dynamite" ?
The Knowledge / Re: Mango bikes
« Last post by Mango Smith on Today at 02:01:04 pm »
Bit late to the party, but I've been charging about on a Mango bike for six months, and love it. It's a decent enough no frills entry level bike, and priced accordingly. I changed the wheel nuts front and rear as they round out pretty easily and put spd's on, but otherwise it's as supplied and will be carrying me on the Dunwich Dynamo and a few of the shorter Audaxes/Sportives this year. Each to their own of course, but I'm a happy chappy with mine.
Rides and Touring / Re: Dunwich Dynamo XXV - 8th July 2017
« Last post by Mango Smith on Today at 01:48:04 pm »
I'll be a Dunwich Debutante this year, riding 74" single speed, and am looking forward to it immensely. I've heard people going on about the bike congestion in the first few miles but, you know, it's a pretty relaxed start time. Just go earlier or later. Personally, I can't wait to be among the crowds, and have always wanted to do a decent night ride. Roll on, July 8th!
Audax / Re: Planet X Holdsworth Brevet frameset
« Last post by Duckfoot1606 on Today at 01:44:59 pm »

[/quote]

It is not snobbery to trust one £300 frameset over another £300 frameset, both from places that focus on good value for money. The Spa offering is known to ride well and has tubes that we know about. The Planet X is more of a gamble.
[/quote]

Thanks for all the input thus far, I think the view above is a good summary of the respective merits between a known quantity (Spa in this case) and Planet X, which appears to be so new that there is no apparent track record in a frameset of this type and so little to make an informed decision on. My only objection to the former is that it is black only, but then there is a strong case for function over form, I guess.

Thanks again for your thoughts

A
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by pcolbeck on Today at 01:29:32 pm »
Youth without youth - well that was strange. Lovely sound track though.
Highest Annual Mileage Record attempt / Re: Another go .. TG??
« Last post by Wobbly on Today at 01:28:26 pm »
The Worcester over-night B&B chez Wobbly is available again if you need it on this attempt.

Et bon chance mon brave!  :thumbsup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10