Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Matt LeBlanc is an arse
« Last post by Gattopardo on Yesterday at 11:42:49 pm »
Is he trying to be clarkson?
« Last post by Gattopardo on Yesterday at 11:40:55 pm »
The horn is most often a ridiculous piece of equipment.

Those who use it except in emergencies and exceptional circumstances are likewise ridiculous.

Road users should be aware of other road users and behave accordingly. Trumping loudly “IMIMPORTANTANDIMHERE” is rude and bullying and almost always uneccesary

I disagree, in that London, I use my horn to indicate my presense. Quite often too.  Rarely to a cyclist, actually can't remeber the last time I used the horn to indicate my presence to a cycle rider.
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:37:05 pm »

Those who use it except in emergencies and exceptional circumstances are likewise ridiculous.

Road users should be aware of other road users and behave accordingly. Trumping loudly “IMIMPORTANTANDIMHERE” is rude and bullying and almost always uneccesary

This.
« Last post by Ben T on Yesterday at 11:34:24 pm »
A car horn sounding close to a cyclist can startle and make them lose balance and fall off.

I'm not sure why you apparently do not appreciate this.

The LeBlanc example is about central London so it's not going to shatter the peace and tranquility.

If we take him at his word then the cyclists are contravening the Highway Code (by riding more than 2 abreast) and he is not (by using his horn to warn others of his presence).

Anecdotally my main problems, on my, thankfully rare, trips into London by car, are generally with cyclists* doing unbelievably stupid things.

*Not all..just some.
What I feel most at risk from when cycling in London is other cyclists.
Freewheeling / Re: Forumite spotting
« Last post by Kim on Yesterday at 11:30:00 pm »
Could've been Feanor?

Yeah, were his gears suspiciously clean and misbehaving?  :)
« Last post by Jaded on Yesterday at 11:28:43 pm »

Freewheeling / Re: Forumite spotting
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:26:32 pm »
Could've been Feanor?
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:23:56 pm »
A picture at the railway station at Eidsvoll, just one stop away from Oslo airport.

IMG_0388_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

In the wrong frikkin' direction :facepalm:
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:13:13 pm »
That's what you get for cleaning stuff.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:11:30 pm »
Anti-rattle modification to the mudguard on the runabout - two holes and cable tied it to the rack

BTDTGTTS  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10