Author Topic: e-brevet ride missing from my rides results  (Read 476 times)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
e-brevet ride missing from my rides results
« on: 29 April, 2024, 09:46:05 am »
I completed an event in March, and submitted the e-brevet, I received the confirmation email on submission, but now the event has appeared on the results list, I see I am not listed as a finisher.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Re: e-brevet ride missing from my rides results
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2024, 09:49:42 am »
Have you contacted the organiser to clarify situation?
Started audax with LEL & SR in 2013. Currently working on fitness and trying for a RRtY in 2024. Event organiser, Arrivée photo contributor & LEL controller

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2024, 10:01:43 am »
E-brevet doesn't link to the event results (it may in future) so your name won't be on the results until the organiser has added you. For a calendar event you still need to hand in a brevet card at the finish (or send if postal).

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2024, 10:58:08 am »
E-brevet doesn't link to the event results (it may in future) so your name won't be on the results until the organiser has added you. For a calendar event you still need to hand in a brevet card at the finish (or send if postal).
Ah, I think this was not clear to me.

might as well have just signed the card and given it straight back to the organiser at the start, since there was no one at the finish, being given a brevet card, that I must then post to someone, even though proof has been supplied digitally seems like French bureaucracy.

In fact looking back at the event email, photos of the paper brevet were sufficient for those not on e-brevet.

Luckily it was not a AAA ride, and it was not my only ride for the month, so no great loss.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2024, 03:41:52 pm »
I rode the IoW Randonnee yesterday. Out of 3000+ riders I think I was the only one using a brevet card  not the phone app to validate the controls....