Author Topic: New Genesis bike frame  (Read 901 times)

New Genesis bike frame
« on: 25 February, 2021, 05:56:53 am »
Does anyone on this forum have any experience of both riding and build quality of the Genesis Croix de fer 725, in particular the latest iteration which is designed to take thru axles? My current aluminium frame bike seems dull and wooden. I'll be using the new frame for audax and light touring as well as non technical offload.

Re: New Genesis bike frame
« Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:05:36 pm »
Not me, but I have an Equilibrium a few years old. I find comfortable (although I have a Canyon VCLS seatpost which helps) and reasonably responsive, but not as lively as my Domane carbon, unsurprisingly.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 26 February, 2021, 08:24:26 am »
I've a 725 framed CdF, although it's the earlier QR version. I've used it almost exclusively for touring on and light off road (front and rear racks, four panniers, full mudguards).

I love it. The ride is smooth and feels planted. It's a heavy frame, particularly the steel fork, but I've never noticed it when riding. With the touring weight, the flex of the frame is certainly noticeable, so if that's what you're looking for, you'll get it. No build quality issues to report, including from several of my friends who also have 725 CdFs.

I don't buy that thru axles make much difference. Have a look at the Peak Torque videos on YouTube. There's one on thru axles. That said, I'm building up an 853 CdF at the moment which has thru-axles. They're not a factor that would influence my buying. It's just a great bike.

« Reply #3 on: 26 February, 2021, 08:25:21 am »
If you look in the Reviews section, I'm sure there's a topic on the CdF.