Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1242315 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #100 on: 25 June, 2008, 12:51:16 pm »
I've now lost 21½ lbs - only another 1½ stone to go.

Bloody good going Greg  :thumbsup:

Got to go for my weigh-in tonight.  I have an awful feeling I've put weight on this week.  I blame the awful weather at York, which prevented me from doing long rides and forced me to take solace in the products of the York Brewery...  ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #101 on: 25 June, 2008, 01:39:04 pm »
I'm going to weigh myself shortly - I think I've lost more and I can now look at myself in the mirror and see someone resembling a slim person... this morning I was thinking I might need to put a new hole in my belt or there'll be builder's crack.

Edit: 83 kg.  :)

I'm buggered if I can get the 83 kg into that table though  >:(

Regulator

« Reply #102 on: 25 June, 2008, 07:59:37 pm »
Yay - despite my bad behaviour at York, I'm still down another 1lb this week  :thumbsup:

I shall be good(ish) this weekend, and with plenty of cycling, I hope to drop another few pounds in the forthcoming week...  O:-)

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #103 on: 25 June, 2008, 08:23:56 pm »
84.40 kg this morning, and then I had a shit when I got to work too !!
Wey hey, this LSD is working.  :thumbsup:

annie

« Reply #104 on: 26 June, 2008, 12:31:14 am »
Yay - despite my bad behaviour at York, I'm still down another 1lb this week  :thumbsup:

I shall be good(ish) this weekend, and with plenty of cycling, I hope to drop another few pounds in the forthcoming week...  O:-)

So should I leave the chocolate at home?

Don't forget that as well as cycling you will be swimming, pack your trunks in your carradice.  I plan to take my off road shoes and my running gear to go out for an early morning run, you could join me on that if you like?

Maladict

« Reply #105 on: 26 June, 2008, 12:41:21 am »
I am 72.2kg.

But that's ok cos it seems body fat is down.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #106 on: 26 June, 2008, 03:53:57 pm »
What's a healthy ammount of weight to loose per month? In two months I've lost 11kg or about 1.5stones in old money.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #107 on: 26 June, 2008, 03:56:35 pm »
What's a healthy ammount of weight to loose per month? In two months I've lost 11kg or about 1.5stones in old money.

'Tis said that about 1kg per week is the upper limit. I have exceeded that this month because for a fortnight I was ... indisposed, on two occasions losing nearly 3kg in 5 minutes. However, that has also given me the incentive to get below 100kg for the first time in about 20 years. 103.7 this morning.
The loss of humanity I could live with.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #108 on: 26 June, 2008, 04:13:43 pm »
Tis almost spot on :) Thanks Wow
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

alan

« Reply #109 on: 26 June, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »
A half kg gain this week which is not too bad considering all the puddings & wine consumed over the weekend at York Rally.

The poor weather forced us indoors  &  eating & drinking seemed preferable to getting windblown & wet on the Knavesmire.
That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

« Reply #110 on: 26 June, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »

We'll see about that...  :demon: Seriously tho, you are doing very well indeed.

No Annie, you bring that chocolate. Cycling, swimming, running...is there a triathlon on this weekend I didn't know about  ;D

annie

« Reply #111 on: 26 June, 2008, 05:53:06 pm »

We'll see about that...  :demon: Seriously tho, you are doing very well indeed.

No Annie, you bring that chocolate. Cycling, swimming, running...is there a triathlon on this weekend I didn't know about  ;D

We could have our own version of a triathlon if you so desire..... how many bars of chocolate you can consume in 10 minutes whilst paddling in the sea, followed by a quick step to the tea shop to consume caffeine and cake and a pootle to the nearest pub for beer n nosh.

« Reply #112 on: 27 June, 2008, 12:20:18 am »
I am 72.2kg.

But that's ok cos it seems body fat is down.

How are you estimating your body fat, Maladict?

Maladict

« Reply #113 on: 27 June, 2008, 12:23:12 am »
Scales.  So it's possible water is just up.  :)

I certainly do have less fat on me than at the start of the year.  When I first got 'em around when I started Audax it was claiming around 19% consistently, now it's around 15-16%.

annie

« Reply #114 on: 27 June, 2008, 12:23:40 am »
My body fat was 20% a couple of weeks ago, not sure what it might be after this weekend. :-\

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #115 on: 27 June, 2008, 06:39:43 am »
I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but since this time last year I have lost about 36 pounds so far.

« Reply #116 on: 29 June, 2008, 03:05:44 pm »
Losing 10 kg odd has made a remarkable difference to my cycling. This year I am doing fewer miles than last year, and I am certainly no fitter in the cardiovascular sense, but climbing has become noticeably easier. While I am not great on the hills I no longer dread them.

« Reply #117 on: 29 June, 2008, 04:12:56 pm »
I agree, you are riding very well.  Imagine how much better it would be if you could kick the smokes too !!

« Reply #118 on: 29 June, 2008, 04:14:07 pm »
I am not really impressed with my stature in one of Jaded's pictures.  It makes my little pot belly look a lot more like a big pot belly.  I can assure you that if I do remember to stand up straight it stretches out over my frame so much better.  ;D

« Reply #119 on: 29 June, 2008, 05:02:42 pm »
I agree, you are riding very well.  Imagine how much better it would be if you could kick the smokes too !!

:-X

« Reply #120 on: 30 June, 2008, 10:23:22 am »
I lost another 3kg since last weighed myself, down to 79 now. Due entirely to more exercise. Another 10 loss and I will be flying

annie

« Reply #121 on: 30 June, 2008, 04:12:01 pm »
I lost another 3kg since last weighed myself, down to 79 now. Due entirely to more exercise. Another 10 loss and I will be flying

Well done Martin, that's great news, keep up the good work.

I won't be weighing myself after this weekend :-\  Lots of chocolatey goodness consumed and BBQ nanananas :P

Tiger

« Reply #122 on: 30 June, 2008, 04:23:56 pm »
Has anyone got any experience with liposuction? I am finding the exercise route to weight loss quite hard and wondered if a bit of lipo might not be the answer.

« Reply #123 on: 30 June, 2008, 04:29:50 pm »
Mrs MSeries is well chuffed with herself, she has lost considerably more I have since I crashed and I reckon I have lost over 2 stones since I was able to exercise again

Regulator

« Reply #124 on: 30 June, 2008, 05:31:53 pm »
After the excesses of this weekend, I am dreading my weigh-in on Wednesday.  I blame Annie and her chocolate bananananananananas!  >:(

Green Party Councillor