Author Topic: Lions tour 2013  (Read 6320 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Lions tour 2013
« Reply #75 on: 06 July, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »
They wanted to give Farrell a small bit of test match time on a winning Lions tour?
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #76 on: 06 July, 2013, 06:33:22 pm »
Well that was very satisfying!!    :smug:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #77 on: 06 July, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »
Well that was very satisfying!!    :smug:

Wasn't it just:

her_welshness: @IAmAustinHealey IN. YOUR. FACE. #LionsTour

Funny that no one has heard a peep out of him all day  :)

My husband came back in from the pub last night predicting a complete drubbing by the Aussies, Gatland's selection, how could he have not picked BOD, no leaders in the pack, Hibbard is such a crap player etc etc. I politely said that there was no point in having this conversation, had to keep repeating to he-who-was-predicting-disaster 'Just watch the game tomorrow love'.

Wowbagger

• Sylph
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #78 on: 06 July, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
I received a text from my daughter to say that the Lions has scored inside the first two minutes, but then radio silence. I assumed they had lost. But then I arrived home. Splendid result. I am very surprised and gratified.

I have also been reading the book about John Dawes to which Psychler drew my attention. Seldom have I read a more repetitive book. I have lost count of the number of times that the author refers to Dawes lack of "true pace". He makes some good points but he labours them. However, there are some excellent historical accounts of the rise and rise of London Welsh in the 1960s and 1970s under Dawes.
Bach without a doubt.

Wowbagger

• Sylph
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #79 on: 07 July, 2013, 07:49:28 pm »
If, like me, you haven't seen any of the tour, you may like to watch http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS-Wallabies-V-Lions-2013-Lions-Tour-Third-Test-ANZ-Stadium-Sydney/tabid/317/articleID/304025/Default.aspx shows highlights of the third test.
Bach without a doubt.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #80 on: 08 July, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »
We were out all day Saturday so saw the first 15 minutes but had to record the rest of the game to watch when we got home. Obviously, those first 15 minutes were great, but then it all started to get a bit nervy. What an incredible second half though!

Is there a better fullback in the world than Leigh Halfpenny right now? He was superb in all departments throughout the series - attack, defence and kicking.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #81 on: 08 July, 2013, 12:37:03 pm »
Corbisiero was the real diference up front but Hibbard was back to his 6 nations form.  That was his best game of the tour without a doubt - he ran himself into the ground and his lineout throwing was spot on.  Tom Youngs carried on in the same vein when he came on.  Parling proved why he was in the team and Toby Falatau showed that he should have been the test no8 from the start.

I think that's the best I've ever seen Corbisiero play. Totally agree about Hibbard, Parling was solid and as for Faletau... what a difference he made! Superb.

One very strange decisions from the management in making replacements, I can't understand why Jonny Sexton was brought off and Farrell brought on at that point in the match.

I wonder if this might help explain the decision... ;)
http://thewaisaletimes.wordpress.com/

Sexton didn't look at all happy to be brought off - and I can't really blame him.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."