Author Topic: Royal mail Christmas jobs  (Read 3271 times)

Re: Royal mail Christmas jobs
« Reply #25 on: 24 October, 2021, 05:23:51 pm »
I worked for them delivering valuables without so much as a hint of vetting  in 2014/15.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #26 on: 18 December, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »
Just to finish this off I got through everything and had the induction. Signed things saying I'd keep things secret and then omicron arrived, the wife had some more work and I basically decided I did t fancy being in a big warehouse with however many people of unknown attitude to covid etc so sacked it off. With the current infection levels I think this was the correct choice

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #27 on: 19 December, 2021, 08:49:08 pm »
My unreconstructed brother-in-law says that the <nationality redacted> only get Xmas jobs there so they can nick stuff.  Leaving the racism out of it, I'm sure that's why some people apply.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #28 on: 19 December, 2021, 09:16:11 pm »
My unreconstructed brother-in-law says that the <nationality redacted> only get Xmas jobs there so they can nick stuff.  Leaving the racism out of it, I'm sure that's why some people apply.

Sadly true, in a thankfully tiny minority.

« Reply #29 on: 21 December, 2021, 12:29:46 pm »
I don't think it will break the confidentiality thing I signed to say they stopped us all and showed us the high tech security stuff and basically said your unlikely to get away with it and we will prosecute and you'll be nicked as well so if that's why your here don't bother.

This was in sorting office, I'd imagine would be easier out on the rounds for none signed/scanned stuff

« Reply #30 on: 21 December, 2021, 01:13:52 pm »
These days there is very little that passes through RM's hands that doesn't have some form of tracking. QR codes are put on everything posted at a Post Office, even untracked services. If something were to go missing it could be traced down to one or two individuals. Everyone I worked with at the delivery office always seemed trustworthy. To put it into some perspective, there were occasional spot checks and if you were found with as much as one Tesco Clubcard statement unposted, you were in the shit.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.