Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 120903 times)

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #725 on: 11 March, 2022, 06:01:42 am »
I drove Queen Elizabeth II yesterday and spilt her pint while driving her to a local kiosk to buy flying saucers. On the plus side we left Boris Johnson at the side of the road.

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #726 on: 11 March, 2022, 08:34:58 am »
I drove Queen Elizabeth II yesterday and spilt her pint while driving her to a local kiosk to buy flying saucers. On the plus side we left Boris Johnson at the side of the road.
I hope that was at HM's instructions?
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #727 on: 11 March, 2022, 10:31:02 am »
Thank you. I needed that :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #728 on: 11 March, 2022, 02:14:00 pm »
I was in charge of the sleeping pool at some unspecified LEL control.  For some reason that probably made sense to the organisers all the sleeping facilities were underwater, but they'd failed to account for local variation in the depth of the facilities.  Anyway, it was a hectic chaos of allocating space to riders according to height, so that the shorter ones wouldn't drown, and re-uniting people with helmets[1] that had floated away.

CrinklyLion appeared at one point, being impressively pragmatic about the effects of chlorine on the CAKE.

Note to AUK organisers: This is a terrible idea, and dangerously close to perpetrating triathlon.  Don't do it.

[1] I had the bright idea of using BHPC timing tags to quickly identify the helmets, but this didn't work because too many riders didn't know their own race number.  Also, have you ever tried to convert hex to decimal while treading water?  It's not easy.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #729 on: 11 March, 2022, 03:12:45 pm »
I was in charge of the sleeping pool at some unspecified LEL control.  For some reason that probably made sense to the organisers all the sleeping facilities were underwater,
There answer's in the question dream.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #730 on: 06 April, 2022, 01:37:50 pm »
I can't recall ever having a dream before which featured a famous person, but last night's had me working with Dora Bryan. I don't know what sort of work it was, but she had a clipboard.

In another part of the same dream sequence a huge number of us were in dormitories. A man in one of them started kicking off and fired a gun. Then he gave me a message to give to the occupants of a different dormitory that they should join him. On delivering the message an older man, who I knew had been a Major in the TAs, wearily got up, went to the trouble-maker and using his rank and air of authority told him sternly not to be such an idiot and peace was restored.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

T42

• Patron saint of the dry joint
« Reply #731 on: 14 April, 2022, 07:32:07 am »
I was riding my MTB through an area that was just recovering from some minor flooding when three animals invited themselves aboard, settling in amongst all the dunnage at the rear of the fuselage.  Their names were Nadger, Otto and Willy, Nadger being a badger, Otto an otter and Willy a large, woolly black dog.  Apparently they were friends.  We all got on famously, and I was delighted to have a dog again.  Towards the end of the dream I was just rolling up to the house I was brought up in in Norn Iron and wondering what my mum would say.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #732 on: 14 April, 2022, 08:08:23 am »
That sounds like the plot of a children's TV series.

T42

• Patron saint of the dry joint
« Reply #733 on: 14 April, 2022, 01:57:49 pm »
Second childhood approaching. Sounds OK as long as I don't have to go to school.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #734 on: 18 April, 2022, 11:19:56 am »
The sombre tone in which TV's George Alagiah announced the DETH of Vince Neil off of Mötley Crüe almost convinced me to check his health when I woke up, and had me noting that the narrator of Half Man Half Biscuit's Upon Westminster Bridge now had enough ammunition to deal with Messrs. Mars, Sixx and Lee.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime