Author Topic: Does Radox work  (Read 11725 times)

Bluebottle

• Everybody's gotta be somewhere
Re: Does Radox work
« Reply #25 on: 05 November, 2018, 09:50:25 pm »
Skin is effectively impermeable. You sweat because you have glands and pores, not because it comes through your skin. Transdermal treatments (like nicotine patches) rely on the drug being soluble in a suitable carrier that can cross the various levels of the dermis to the underlying blood vessels. You can't just dip your finger Mork-like into a glass of disprin and expect your headache to go. Same for a bath (unless you've given up water and espoused DMSO). You won't soak up magnesium.

Holy curse! I'm not sure what is worse, the smell of Radox, or the DMSO... :sick:
Dieu, je vous soupçonne d'ĂȘtre un intellectuel de gauche.

FGG #5465

« Reply #26 on: 07 November, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »
What Cochrane does not tell you is how many of those were funded by drug companies and whether the stated improvement was a worthwhile improvement.

A recent example was the recent scare over lung cancer from some anti hypertensive agents. Real increase but in reality I think they were talking about 10 extra cases per 100000 patient years.

So I am still with Helly on this, may be a real but probably not realistically better than placebo.

ian

« Reply #27 on: 07 November, 2018, 10:15:10 pm »
Skin is effectively impermeable. You sweat because you have glands and pores, not because it comes through your skin. Transdermal treatments (like nicotine patches) rely on the drug being soluble in a suitable carrier that can cross the various levels of the dermis to the underlying blood vessels. You can't just dip your finger Mork-like into a glass of disprin and expect your headache to go. Same for a bath (unless you've given up water and espoused DMSO). You won't soak up magnesium.

Holy curse! I'm not sure what is worse, the smell of Radox, or the DMSO... :sick:

I've never bathed in DMSO but it was the standard lab trick to stick your finger (or rather that of naive work-study students) into a beaker of it. If I was feeling generous, I'd mix in some kool-aid.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: 07 November, 2018, 10:37:11 pm »
You can get Mg sulphate or Epsom salts by the sackful on Amazon etc. I don't subscribe to the adsorption thing but it's good as a drawing agent.
A nice paste of Epsom salts on a dog paw with a bit of marram grass in it, or a foosty toe full of pus worked nicely.

I must admit to buying some when I was having issues with an egg sized lump on my sit bones but it went away before I started slapping it on. I doubt Radox does anything above placebo effect tho.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.