Author Topic: Ebay/Paypal postage query  (Read 204 times)

Ebay/Paypal postage query
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:40:02 pm »
Bit of a boring query here: sold an item on eBay (not high value) via Buy it Now, and the buyer has been in touch asking for it to be sent to their work address rather than home address. I've no problem with doing this, but am I right in thinking that it would void my seller protection to do so?

If so, should I simply refund the payment and ask the buyer to pay again using their preferred address?

Thanks in advance!

road-runner

• is in Slovakia.
Re: Ebay/Paypal postage query
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:40:36 am »
I have just checked as I have two delivery addresses set up on my ebay account. I added something to my basket, clicked to go to Checkout, and there I could choose from any of my delivery addresses.

If the person has not gone through the proper ebay procedure to add a different delivery address then it is probably not worth risking going outside of ebay for delivery. Why did the person not want to add their alternate delivery addresss to their ebay account?

It is possible they just didn't think. I sold a guitar last summer and had to send it to Spain. The buyer complained that I had sent it to the wrong address but it was the delivery address that ebay gave me because it was the primary delivery address in his account. So, it can happen but that surely has to be the buyer's problem, not the seller's.