Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tinfoil hat today?
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 11:59:25 am »
We haven't really bothered.

Very often, what you see with the naked eye is a vague greenish glow that moves a bit.

Photograph it, and there are dramatic pinks, purples and bright greens.
The Pub / Re: Tinfoil hat today?
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 11:56:21 am »
Nothing here last night, except for the glow of head- and taillights on Coombe Hill as folk tried to get somewhere dark, but instead got into and eye searing traffic jam. And there was nothing see anyway. Plenty of local photos fron Friday night though. The flights into Luton must have had a good view.
OT Knowledge / Re: Gabion basket wall - not vertical
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 11:56:21 am »
Definitely a job that requires gloves.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm very concerned that these baskets might have been installed directly on soil. The garden slopes away steeply from that point.

Will suggest to daughter that they set up a 'creep stick' or similar so they can tell if the baskets are moving.
Note to self: murder those plants before it starts raining again.
The Knowledge / Re: Removing stuck FSA chainset?
« Last post by rr on Today at 11:55:36 am »
As for getting the bearings out https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=121879.msg2686230#msg2686230
Precise tools will vary as the FSA axle is wider than my Shimano one and possibly the bb is different too. You don't appear to have anywhere for a puller to push either.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: The computing stuff rant thread
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 11:53:09 am »
O hai Macrium!

You’re supposed to delete the oldest backups when disk space gets low, so wot the blazes were those sets from November 2023 and January 2024 doing still hanging around \\FATBOY\public\Backups?  Frankly that’s the kind of thing I expect from the useless workshy twats at Acronis.

<tappity-tap clicky>

Now I have an extra 2 anna bit TB to fill with exciting Stuffs :thumbsup:

sort it out u muppets
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 11:50:49 am »
Use a specific penetrating oil rather than WD40. Find a way to support the bottom bracket on other side so the hammer blows go to the moving the axle rather than flexing the frame.
This part should be removable by hand or with a light blow or two so the bearings and chain set are toast. Can you get a wedge, ball joint splitter, crown race removal tool or other wedge between the drive side bearing and the chain set?

Cheers for this.  Kroil is supposed to be good it seems - but v. spendy.  I can hear bearing bits grinding inside atm.   Not sure about a wedge for DS yet.
A near perfect summers morning, but now it’s getting a bit more humid. Still, will be sat in the garden all day. And as for washing, we’ve had stuff out on the line since March, my wife stating that it always smells nicer. The last 2 days the wash has gone out in the evening and been bone dry by 10am.
OT Knowledge / Re: Plumbing suggestions
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 11:46:59 am »
Can you line the walls with an additonal layer of thin "backer board" (a cement type board) that would bring the wall out almost over the edge of the bath - and the board is an excellent surface for tiling on.  Sealing would then be just a thin bead.
I think this is the winner.  The tiles are 60 x 30cm and a flatter surface is very much desirable.
« Last post by rr on Today at 11:42:32 am »
Use a specific penetrating oil rather than WD40. Find a way to support the bottom bracket on other side so the hammer blows go to the moving the axle rather than flexing the frame.
This part should be removable by hand or with a light blow or two so the bearings and chain set are toast. Can you get a wedge, ball joint splitter, crown race removal tool or other wedge between the drive side bearing and the chain set?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10