Author Topic: What have you fettled today?  (Read 2202205 times)

Re: What have you fettled today?
« Reply #19050 on: Yesterday at 04:59:06 pm »
The milkman (yes, really) delivers eggs on a Friday morning (around 2-3am) and he left them on the shelf, without being told what to do, so I was over the moon, because that is why I had put the shelf there!

And that, presumably, was why you'd written 'EGGS' on the edge of the shelf  ;)

;D  yes, but I was not sure he would see the shelf at all, bearing in mind the time of day he does his rounds.
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

« Reply #19051 on: Yesterday at 05:08:34 pm »
The milkman (yes, really) delivers eggs on a Friday morning (around 2-3am) and he left them on the shelf, without being told what to do, so I was over the moon, because that is why I had put the shelf there!

;D  yes, but I was not sure he would see the shelf at all, bearing in mind the time of day he does his rounds.
Head torch FTW.
I would, if I was a milkman (I was for a while when I first left school).

« Reply #19052 on: Yesterday at 05:13:35 pm »

Head torch FTW.
I would, if I was a milkman (I was for a while when I first left school).

Yep, he wears a head torch - hence my concern that he would miss seeing the shelf - I find torches are only good for where you are pointing the beam, and I knew he would be looking down at where the empty milk bottles are, not up where the shelf is!
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19053 on: Today at 08:38:05 am »
Failing holes in the brickwork you could probably have sunk a few holes into the cement with a nice quiet hand-cranked drill (2/6d from Woolworth's tool counter in 1956).
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #19054 on: Today at 12:52:57 pm »
A very overgrown garden has been partially hacked back after No-Mow-May. I did two cuts and a third is required, but the neighbours had probably had enough by then. I've left a large patch of clover in the middle for the bumblies. The borders and raised beds need attention, but that's tomorrow's task too
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19055 on: Today at 04:29:58 pm »
Cutting, dry-run biscuiting, sussing out a Katsu router* I haven't used for a couple of years,  routing.

* Isn't katsu Japanese for chicken?  Sounds a bit cruel. And messy.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #19056 on: Today at 04:43:04 pm »
Fettled some bits of pallet wood so the front doormat is now flush with its surroundings. Got the seal of approval 🦭🦭 :smug:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #19057 on: Today at 07:25:33 pm »
Sanded the wood filler I put in the holes round the kitchen window frame from when I put the blind brackets in the wrong place.
Put a couple of patch coats of eggshell over the top.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #19058 on: Today at 08:29:14 pm »
Sanded the wood filler I put in the holes round the kitchen window frame from when I put the blind brackets in the wrong place.
Put a couple of patch coats of eggshell over the top.

🦭🦭