Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2470100 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #7900 on: 18 October, 2015, 09:06:25 am »
Chain gives a new meaning to "rear triangle"!

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #7901 on: 18 October, 2015, 11:05:01 am »
My new Litespeed T5 Gravel....

« Reply #7902 on: 18 October, 2015, 09:40:26 pm »

My Trek Stache 9 loaded up and ready for winter. Mainly Alpkit luggage. Few carbon bits and bobs to get the weight down to 25lbs. Currently running Surly Dirt Wizards tubeless, and they are great in gloopy mud. Not as nice as Chupacabras for rocks and stuff. Next off road thing likely to be the Pennine Loop ITT. Until then, it'll do an off road commute once a week to keep my MTB hand in in the dark months.

Great looking bike, I like it a lot.

« Reply #7903 on: 19 October, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »
I'm new to yacf, and only did my first audax a couple of weeks ago (Gerry's Autumn Brevet) - really enjoyed it and want more!

I ride a 1975 Woodrup with new(ish) components. It really needs an upgrade to modern shifters and maybe some new wheels, but other than that I'm happy with it:

« Reply #7904 on: 20 October, 2015, 03:41:08 pm »
My new long distance ride. Can't believe how smooth the ride is :-)

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #7905 on: 21 October, 2015, 10:36:19 am »
My new long distance ride. Can't believe how smooth the ride is :-)

I can (see above ;) ).
Mine's a bit heavier than yours, but it's not exactly fat either (in the same ballpark as my carbon Viner) despite 35mm tyres.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7906 on: 26 October, 2015, 07:44:52 pm »
Playing with the MTB again.

It was Marys and SS last winter - this year back to gears,and swapped the bars for Midges. Spiked winter tyres back on board and some Tektro levers to pull the new V-brakes - quick spin 'round the block' - feels good :)

« Reply #7907 on: 26 October, 2015, 07:50:30 pm »

My olde Batavus Sprint, in its current incarnation as a singlespeed, on our way to the shops.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #7908 on: 26 October, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »
The clocks have gone back, so the Merida is on the turbo, and my Raleigh is back on the road :)

Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #7909 on: 26 October, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »
The clocks have gone back, so the Merida is on the turbo, and my Raleigh is back on the road :)

Kitchens a bit tidy

« Reply #7910 on: 26 October, 2015, 08:43:13 pm »

My olde Batavus Sprint, in its current incarnation as a singlespeed, on our way to the shops.

Very nice, the setting, the bike and the photo - Like a calendar picture for October  :)

« Reply #7911 on: 26 October, 2015, 08:46:00 pm »

It was Marys and SS last winter - this year back to gears,and swapped the bars for Midges. Spiked winter tyres back on board and some Tektro levers to pull the new V-brakes - quick spin 'round the block' - feels good :)

Why not  - its as good as a rest.
Why - just because or did you not get on with the SS & Marys as much as you thought ?

V. neat bar tape btw.

« Reply #7912 on: 26 October, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »
I can't believe I forgot to post this here--it's my best thrift-store find ever. A 1986 Trek 400T, 531 frame--I just replaced the bars and brake levers (can't stand those old 39cm bars) and added my old Nelson Longflap.

(And yes, it's a bit tall. This won't be my trail bike.  :P )
scottclark.photoshelter.com

« Reply #7913 on: 26 October, 2015, 10:08:33 pm »

snap!

(I need to fit mudguards soon too)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #7914 on: 26 October, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »
My olde Batavus Sprint...

Gorgeous composition.

Now, mind you go straight to the shops, and don't be straying from the path, Little Red.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7915 on: 26 October, 2015, 10:20:33 pm »

Why not  - its as good as a rest.
Why - just because or did you not get on with the SS & Marys as much as you thought ?

V. neat bar tape btw.

A change - liked the SS/Mary set up for the short commute but want to get back on the easier local off-road trails this winter.

Cheap Planet X bar tape ;)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #7916 on: 26 October, 2015, 10:21:00 pm »
I can't believe I forgot to post this here--it's my best thrift-store find ever. A 1986 Trek 400T, 531 frame--I just replaced the bars and brake levers (can't stand those old 39cm bars) and added my old Nelson Longflap.
(And yes, it's a bit tall. This won't be my trail bike.  :P )

That's interesting, and a lovely colour (what is it? My colour-blind eyes see it as royal blue, which usually means purple, but I'm on very thin ice here). Is the chainset original? The bike looks a bit 'road-ey' to me, so a triple would be unusual (but not unheard-of).

How does it feel?
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #7917 on: 26 October, 2015, 11:31:15 pm »
My Dirty Disco on Lancaster Station after the Manchester-Morecambe FNRttC:-

15-10-17 Dirty Disco at Lancaster Station after FNRttC 2 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

It's festooned with (spare and not needed) battery packs.

« Reply #7918 on: 27 October, 2015, 12:02:18 am »
That's interesting, and a lovely colour (what is it? My colour-blind eyes see it as royal blue, which usually means purple, but I'm on very thin ice here).

Yep, it's blue--not usually my favorite color, but I can cope.

Is the chainset original? The bike looks a bit 'road-ey' to me, so a triple would be unusual (but not unheard-of).

Yep, all the important parts are original. It's more of a 70s/80s "sport touring" bike than a real touring bike.

How does it feel?

Mostly hard and metallic, with some rubbery sections.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #7919 on: 27 October, 2015, 01:54:10 pm »
my rat-bike turned from:

into:

most of the bits were transferred across, the rest retrieved from the spares box. 69" gear, ride is smooth and quiet.

Chris N

« Reply #7920 on: 01 November, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »
Cotic Escapade, freshly converted from fixed commuter to 1x11 gnarmac bridleslayer.

Drivetrain is an experiment: Ultegra 11S RH shifter, Alfine Di2 mechanical LH brake lever, Superstar 40T narrow/wide ring, XT 11-40T 11 speed cassette, KMC chain, Ultegra rear mech with Lindarets Road Link and 8/9/10S XT M756 rear hub. Works perfectly so far. :thumbsup:

« Reply #7921 on: 02 November, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »
Looks great, Chris

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #7922 on: 02 November, 2015, 02:29:44 pm »

Well that lasted a long time! Cracked the frame audaxing on Saturday and it's back out of action again :(
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #7923 on: 02 November, 2015, 11:15:23 pm »

Kona Jake the Snake with road tyres (Schwalbe One 28mm) because I ride it on the road and 50/34 x 11/32 because 'cross gearing was far too closely spaced for me. Oh, and the lowest gear was 36/28 which didn't help me winch my XXL frame up the hills.
My first road bike (OK ok, it's a 'cross bike) since I was 16 and I love it. Really love it.

**image fixed, click for full size. Sorry!
Everyone's favourite windbreak

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #7924 on: 03 November, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »
Cotic Escapade, freshly converted from fixed commuter to 1x11 gnarmac bridleslayer.

Drivetrain is an experiment: Ultegra 11S RH shifter, Alfine Di2 mechanical LH brake lever, Superstar 40T narrow/wide ring, XT 11-40T 11 speed cassette, KMC chain, Ultegra rear mech with Lindarets Road Link and 8/9/10S XT M756 rear hub. Works perfectly so far. :thumbsup:

Looks great, very purposeful.

I've been very tempted to build a 1*n Winter bike for years.  Maybe not a 1*11 because I'd like to keep the cost of consumables low so an 8 or 9 speed would be ideal.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.