Author Topic: Wanted: A new Organiser for The Dean 300k  (Read 907 times)

Wanted: A new Organiser for The Dean 300k
« on: 29 March, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »
I've done this for four years now and it's been very rewarding. However, hauling down from Sheffield to do routechecks and starting the event in Oxford every year doesn't really make a lot of sense. I've also got designs on improving the number of events in the North. So I'm resigning as the organiser of The Dean. I took on organising this event because I could tell that really is one of AUKs classic events. As an early season, completely unsupported event it still ranks in the top five 300k events for entries. I think that speaks for itself on the popularity of the ride and the route. My hope is that someone out there will feel the same way and want to make sure it keeps running.

Because of the generally unchanging nature of the route, absence of manned controls or start location more salubrious than a car park, this event would suit a new organiser, preferably one a bit closer to the route. I'm happy to mentor a new organiser if needs be. Mostly it's just imparting knowledge around the route and what to expect from riders.

There's the accompanying Permanent that goes with this so if that's wanted as well, I'm happy to pass on my stock of brevet cards and treasure trove of poly bags.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all of the riders who have come out and ridden the event during my tenure. I've had a constant stream of appreciation for putting the event on and keeping it running. It really has made it worth all of the time and effort I've spent on it. You're all lovely people and I wish you many more happy hours and kilometres on the road.