Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2467346 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #6025 on: 24 January, 2013, 04:57:55 pm »
I'm guessing you like Flite saddles, eck?  ;)

LEE

« Reply #6026 on: 24 January, 2013, 05:01:26 pm »
It's a few years since I posted pics of my bikes, so I thought I'd do an update. Some have come, some have gone, so here's what we have at the moment, roughly in order of appearance:

157,000 km !!!

« Reply #6027 on: 25 January, 2013, 01:39:11 am »
Really nice bikes Eck  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6028 on: 25 January, 2013, 07:30:19 am »
That's lush!  Bit tarty though without a front rack.  Can you fit a Tara?

Indeed I can, in fact it has a set of Tubus Duo packs already, just not fitted while I fettled the (very annoying) Berthoud mudguards.
The tarty bit is a complete x4 set of blue panniers I now have to go with it.

You know you want to....

http://www.ortlieb.co.uk/blue-lightblue-dots-back-roller-classic.html

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #6029 on: 25 January, 2013, 10:07:15 am »
N+1. Well, not really, as it's to replace the Cannondale CAAD8 frame I trashed last year, but the build will be not entirely using that bike's bits - there will be added bling! And mudguards.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #6030 on: 25 January, 2013, 02:41:18 pm »
I'm guessing you like Flite saddles, eck?  ;)
You noticed?  ;D
The only bike that doesn't have a Flite is the Joe Waugh. That has a Selle San Marco SKN inna pimpy Saltire design that a mate gave me. It's a perfect match and, despite appearances, is actually very comfortable.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #6031 on: 25 January, 2013, 02:45:36 pm »
It's a few years since I posted pics of my bikes, so I thought I'd do an update. Some have come, some have gone, so here's what we have at the moment, roughly in order of appearance:

157,000 km !!!
If you say so.   :)  But that's on all of these bikes, and since 1992 on the oldest though. I've kept a note of all my rides for many years, and I've been logging them on bikejournal, which keeps track of each bike's mileage, for about the last five years. 

LEE

« Reply #6032 on: 25 January, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »
A reminder of what the weather was like a few weeks ago and a photo of my Pinarello.

If Revrob is reading this then I'd like to say "thanks" I'm really enjoying it and it's the perfect winter bike I hoped it would be.

And, if Jord is reading this, I'd like to say thanks for the Ortlieb saddle bag.
The seat bracket didn't like my Brooks rails but Ortlieb thoughtfully fit enough D-rings that it was easy to attach using toe-straps.

It's a great day bag.

It just shows what you can get off the YACF forum.  £small number..I am a happy bunny.

« Reply #6033 on: 25 January, 2013, 04:19:20 pm »
157,000 km !!!
I've kept a note of all my rides for many years, and I've been logging them on bikejournal, which keeps track of each bike's mileage, for about the last five years.
So how about the PBP 2011 tandem, or is that the property of Mrs Eck?

It's well worth a photo as it is soooooo nice!

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #6034 on: 25 January, 2013, 04:46:59 pm »
157,000 km !!!
I've kept a note of all my rides for many years, and I've been logging them on bikejournal, which keeps track of each bike's mileage, for about the last five years.

???  I'm afraid our tandem has never been near PBP. I wonder if you're confusing us with our pals, The Mighty Ernsts, who did indeed do PBP on a (considerably posher) tandem.
We paid about £230 for ours. The only real changes we've made are saddles, bars and pedals.
We are under about 35cm of snow here in NE Scotland atm, but I'll do more photos when I can.

« Reply #6035 on: 25 January, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »
157,000 km !!!

???  I'm afraid our tandem has never been near PBP. I wonder if you're confusing us with our pals, The Mighty Ernsts, who did indeed do PBP on a (considerably posher) tandem.
We paid about £230 for ours. The only real changes we've made are saddles, bars and pedals.
We are under about 35cm of snow here in NE Scotland atm, but I'll do more photos when I can.

Oooops, I am indeed!

Well you know what sassenachs are like regarding names of those north of the border.

Apologies.

many thanks for posting the bikes, I don't feel so guilty now with my collection!

iainj837

• Oh! what's occurrin' ?
« Reply #6036 on: 25 January, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »
My Giant Defy 1

iainj837

• Oh! what's occurrin' ?
« Reply #6037 on: 25 January, 2013, 05:43:26 pm »
My Touring and commuter

LEE

« Reply #6038 on: 25 January, 2013, 11:38:06 pm »
My Touring and commuter

That looks a lot like the Edinbrough Bicycle Coop bike my mate just bought off my dad

« Reply #6039 on: 26 January, 2013, 07:01:02 pm »
First (non-tourer) road bike... Decathlon Triban 3;  the just got it home photo.  I need to lose one of the water bottles to fix my pump on.  The lights were a freebee with the bike. 

P1160185 by ao, on Flickr
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

iainj837

• Oh! what's occurrin' ?
« Reply #6040 on: 26 January, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »
My Touring and commuter

That looks a lot like the Edinbrough Bicycle Coop bike my mate just bought off my dad
I bought it back in 2009 from The Bicycle Chain, Bridgwater, Somerset

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #6041 on: 26 January, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »
First (non-tourer) road bike... Decathlon Triban 3;  the just got it home photo.  I need to lose one of the water bottles to fix my pump on.  The lights were a freebee with the bike. 

Ooh ooh - whassitlike? These are (I think) £300? New, anyway. It sounds suspiciously cheap but I've read some good things. I'm interested in your opinion, as it's a bike I'd like to recommend to a couple of people who are thinking of getting into cycling.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #6042 on: 26 January, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »

Trek Madone 4.5, Duotrap&ANT+HR into Node2.1, Crud roadracers, Ortlieb large saddlebag with my 600km kit in. Still got to fit my Spa Nidd, but it's getting close to what I was after.

« Reply #6043 on: 26 January, 2013, 08:45:38 pm »
Trek Madone 4.5

Very nice! Looks like an excellent fast audax machine. 600 km kit in that?  :o

« Reply #6044 on: 26 January, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »

Ooh ooh - whassitlike? These are (I think) £300? New, anyway. It sounds suspiciously cheap but I've read some good things. I'm interested in your opinion, as it's a bike I'd like to recommend to a couple of people who are thinking of getting into cycling.

I haven't be on it yet - got home from Reading Decathlon late this afternoon, then had to go out again.   :-\   Hopefully, I'll take it for a spin tomorrow am.

Yes £299.  Looks good to me.  Sora front mech, 2300 rear (I think), triple chainset (50-39-30). Rack mount frame threads was a nice surprise (though may not use them). b'twin branded wheels/tyres 700x23C (100-115psi).  Apparently it's worth checking the grease in hubs at the outset.
Have you see this...  http://www.cyclingscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Triban-3-Review.pdf
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6045 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:23:25 pm »

Trek Madone 4.5, Duotrap&ANT+HR into Node2.1, Crud roadracers, Ortlieb large saddlebag with my 600km kit in. Still got to fit my Spa Nidd, but it's getting close to what I was after.

That looks fast mister!  Nice.  What made you go for that over the Domane?  (I'm looking at both - even though I am banned from more bikes, but I have a significant birthday this year and I think I deserve a bit of carbon bling!). 
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #6046 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:34:59 pm »

Nice!

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #6047 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »

I haven't be on it yet - got home from Reading Decathlon late this afternoon, then had to go out again.   :-\   Hopefully, I'll take it for a spin tomorrow am.

Yes £299.  Looks good to me.  Sora front mech, 2300 rear (I think), triple chainset (50-39-30). Rack mount frame threads was a nice surprise (though may not use them). b'twin branded wheels/tyres 700x23C (100-115psi).  Apparently it's worth checking the grease in hubs at the outset.
Have you see this...  http://www.cyclingscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Triban-3-Review.pdf

Heard a lot of good things about them.

« Reply #6048 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »
I couldn't cope with the difference between how Fabian's Domane looks in H1 geo, and what it looks like with the endurance geo. I'm sure it's perfect for audax, but with the towering headtube, the short top tube, the gappy rear triangle and the bent back front dropouts, the Domane looks like a Dutch bike with drops that's been ridden into a wall. I can't look at one online without wanting to adjust my monitor's aspect ratio.

All that, but really just that the Madone 4.5 has the Radioshack Leopard Trek colour scheme (which allows me to channel Jens), so I coveted it.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6049 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:39:26 pm »
Fair enough - I am also leaning toward Madone at the moment (though yet to actually get to the point of test riding etc.) - basically if I get something bling, then I want fast (looking!) bling
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!