Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Grow Your Own / Re: Beekeeping?
« Last post by Woofage on Yesterday at 11:19:28 pm »
The squeezy dosing bottles are easier to use than a syringe. I think Thorne stocks them.

ETA https://www.thorne.co.uk/health-feeding/pests-diseases/varroa/varroa-chemical/trickle-2-empty-bottle.html
Grow Your Own / Re: Beekeeping?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 10:56:02 pm »
I've been reading about varroa treatment - something that wasn't available when I last kept bees. It seems that oxalic acid is pretty effective at killing mites without harming bees, but to be most effective, the bees need to be treated when there are no sealed cells. So what better time than when you've just collected a swarm and the queen hasn't started laying yet?

I've just ordered some oxalic acid and a syringe and I'm going to have a go at treating this hive at the weekend.
Have varrying tinned version of Riga Sprats, so any cooking ideas?

Tonight I had the sprats in oil, emptied the oil out and then tossed then in flour and a few other spices (onion salt, garlic pepper and paprika)  The idea was to cook them like white bait but the flour didn't stick to the fish.

What did I do wrong?

Any other options for the tinned fish?
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by phantasmagoriana on Yesterday at 10:42:20 pm »
I tend to keep mine on for years, but I don't play much.

I've never understood the disparity in pricing between guitar and violin strings. Guitar strings are longer, and there are 50% more of them in a set, yet they cost £10 a set whereas a decent set of violin strings is well over £50. ???
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by barakta on Yesterday at 10:36:07 pm »
Sadly you then start having legal liability if you charge for advice.

I did consider "write (certain) complaints for quids" but I suspect I'd need to charge more than most people could afford and I might no longer find it entertaining! Often the people who need most support are the poorest and I know I have limited spoons for 1:1 work. That's one reason www.reasonableaccess.org.uk website got written, it's basically polite tidied up info, advice and polite-SPANG wording hooked on the work of my co-trustee and friend Doug Paulley who wrote a guide to suing for disability discrim called DART.

A friend calls my "DPA + Equality Act" spangs a "double Natalya".
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Yesterday at 10:35:27 pm »
When The Levee Breaks - Memphis Minnie
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Yesterday at 10:32:22 pm »
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Yesterday at 09:57:04 pm »
@barakta, have you ever thought about charging for your services? Your fryingpanofspang responses are priceless.
This strict route integrity bollocks is a unique invention of British weevils.
From the outside looking in I get that impression yes.

Quote from: grams
It's almost as if trying to strictly enforce minimum distances is a bad thing.

If it spoils the fun (somewhat) of 99% of the riders then you may wonder whether it is that important that 100% of the riders comply to those rules, strictly.

Not that I understand why people would voluntarily signup for a organised ride without any gains, pay money for it even and then not abide the decorum of the ride. But cheaters will be cheaters I guess.

Anyway, I think it's nice that the practice of not bothering with the arrival time for the intermediate controls that has been practice in the Netherlands since at least 2017 is now official policy.
I believe it was Scottish Power who upon being told "no thanks, fuck off" by a housemate, proceeded to fake a signature and change the supplier of our power in one of our student houses. Causing havoc for quite some time to resolve it. They got officially smacked for it (I'd have taken their power licenses off them permanently).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10